Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drfrightner
    replied
    The Darkness haunted house tour update: Right now we're not planning a tour. I'm also not planning on attending the show however I will be hanging out at my escape rooms. Looking forward to seeing friends and industry people. Our tour plans are really simple... we're currently working on Darkness - Building a new Escape and Creepyworld all at the same time.

We'd love to open Creepyworld due to the show being in May but our concerns are the show could get cancelled again, not as many people attend the show, etc. To open Creepyworld will cost me well north of $250k and I can't do that for free I'd need at least 1000 people to buy a ticket. So I'm not sure if that will happen in 2021.

So we're just wait and see what happens... if we can get Creepyworld ready to open and feel good about that then maybe. At Creepyworld we're building three new attractions and totally renovating a 4th. Not sure it will be done by May.
    If we get far enough where we think we can risk setting it all up we're going to consider it.

As for Darkness we can just open it that is just easy the question is do we want to. So we'll have to see.

But we will keep you updated. Currently at Darkness we're building a really cool conservatory scene complete with 2 animations and 13 CGI FX. Yeah 13...

Stay tuned.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    We're also upgrading several other area's of the Darkness including multiple animations, lighting, sound, smell, and adding CGI explosion type scenes. If we decide to open for Transworld we won't post anything until sometime in February at the earliest. if we do something it won't be anything more than a behind the scenes tour. Today we start on our 7th escape rooms. I'll keep you posted. Larry
    IMG_3560.jpgIMG_3564.jpgIMG_3563.jpgIMG_3564.jpgIMG_3560.jpg

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Here are some build out photos of our all new conservatory. Its going to be pretty cool when its done. Never done one of these so this is something new.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    this is something we're working on for Creepyworld a video mapping haunted house.

Its POSSIBLE we could open for Transworld.

Larry
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Another update... if anyone is actually wondering if we'll do a haunt tour or not and making renovations let me say this. I've placed massive orders with Ghost Ride - Gore Galore - Unit 70 and multiple costume companies - Froggy Fog and some companies you might not have ever heard from before.

We're also right now producing all new CGI FX and building new scenes in The Darkness then off to build Frankenstein Escape Room.

I know I said I wasn't doing this stuff anymore but right now I don't have a choice. I'm trying to keep my year around crew employed while we wait for jobs for Blacklight Attractions.

If I had orders or projects we wouldn't be doing anything to The Darkness.

The real question here is can we open Creepyworld... well we're going to try. We're going to totally revamp our Krampus haunted house, add a video mapping experience, and a whole new haunted house. We're going to wait and see how far we get after January to decide anything.

Creepyworld is a monumental task to open.

Larry

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Right now we're building a new scene in The Darkness. When we get a bit further along I'll post some pictures. After that we're going to build Frankenstein Escape. Once that is completed we're going to go full tilt boogey on Creepyworld. We'll see what happens. At Creepyworld we plan on a full renovation of Krampus, adding a pumpkin display, new haunt and a video mapping experience. Larry

Leave a comment:

• EvilBeaver
    replied
    Actually we have been hoping for a Creepyuworld tour for years, with the weather, time, $$$ associated we understand if you can but just wanted to put it out their.
    Last edited by EvilBeaver; 12-25-2020, 12:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• damon carson
    replied
    Knew you had said something about a social bar and axe throwing on the escape side. Did you decide to go with more escape rooms instead. How much room is left upstairs w you putting in a 7th escape room. Are you selling off any of the others like the Cellar? Would you ever sell Terror Visions. I would love to see what you could add to the Darkness if you were able to use the entire space. You could always move Terror Visions. If you dont want to part with it. Just know it's been there a while.
    thanks just wondering
    Damon
    frightmasters.weebly.com

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Check out the all-new Darkness Gift Store/Horror Museum.

I have to decide what we're going to do as to a tour ... let me start by saying March 4th is way to soon for me. I don't want to open unless I make really cool changes and updates. Last year we got totally burned so I'm not going to kill myself to get it ready by March 4th. If Transworld show gets moved back, then maybe we'll have it ready to go.

As of right now our plans for 2021 are the following:

1) Rebuild our Gift Store: CHECK DONE SEE PICS

2) Add a 7th Escape Room: We're doing that it will be Frankenstein Escape. We plan on starting this in about 2 weeks. I think we could have this done prior to March.

3) We're adding two new scenes and several new animations. Those new scenes will only be built one at a time. Once the first one gets done we'll move onto the second one.

4) Our biggest update is planned for Creepyworld. NOW this is where things get interesting. If Transworld is moved back into May then maybe we're talking about getting Creepyworld done and ready.

We'll have to see. Won't decide anything until after January.

Larry
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    We have started to build Frankenstein Escape Room. It may or may not be done prior to Transworld but that is our goal!

This will be our 7th escape room. In time for Transworld we already have 6 escapes plus a mini golf.

We will try like hell to have Frankenstein ready to go!

We have also ordered new props for The Darkness. But I'm in no rush to get The Darkness done prior to Transworld.

Once I figure out if we can complete a renovation on Darkness we'll let people know what if anything we'll do with Darkness haunted house.

Won't know anything until sometime in January.

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Here is update for you... we have no confirmed plans because i'm wiped out. But here is what I know for a fact...

I've already placed a massive order with Ghost Ride and Unit 70 plus several costume companies.

We're doing a renovation to The Darkness which MIGHT include the following:

1) We're tearing out the first scene inside the Darkness upstairs its kind of like a graveyard. We're turning that into a street where people are trick r treating. You will be attacked relentless by serial killers and killer pumpkins.

2) We're tearing out what use to be our Silent Hill Scene and building a new scene with witch demons hard to explain.

3) Ripping out a scene downstairs then trying to install our Slayer in its place. TBD.

We're also planning on adding a few other animations and FX thru out including putting new Darkness themed carpet in our gift store.

So you couple that with what we did last year: New 5 Minute Escape - New Monster Arcade - 16 New Scenes inside The Darkness - Two New Escape Rooms and a Mini Golf

You're talking about a million dollars in renovation.

Lastly, we're talking about selling our Mummy escape room and replacing it with yet another new Escape TBD.

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    I still don't know what I'm going to do or if I'm going to do ANYTHING!

I'm honestly feeling more lazy than ever! LOL

I will only tell you this we're planning on adding new scenes and have already purchased new props for both Darkness and Creepyworld.

We're going to build a haunted pumpkin patch in Darkness and a very hard to explain new scene upstairs at Darkness.

But here is the deal... we installed a TON of new scenes in 2020 that no one saw. We built a mini golf. We built two new Escape Rooms. We totally redid our Monster Museum / Arcade.

We're also about to order custom carpet for our Monster Museum Arcade. That is coming soon with custom carpet with Darkness designs.

Leave a comment:

• Sean Coleman
    replied
    Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
    Here is an update for you... I talked to Transworld a little bit about this subject. We might considering doing live seminar type tours during the day while Transworld tradeshow is operating. So smaller groups where we tour you thru everything we've done and explain how we've done it. So in other words mini live demo seminars during the day. I am NOT doing any more seminars at Transworld. So this would be a way for me to do something to help haunt owners. I can do this because I'm not planning on having a booth in 2021 for HPI but rather just Hauntworld and Fearticket which Patti can handle. So I'm kind of free to do something like that. I can be at The Darkness during the entire tradeshow every day of the show... and give private tours. Something we're considering.

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in you can contact me directly and let me know what you think.

Larry, this is a great idea. Even if you don't end up doing this I'd be interested in this sort of consulting. The only thing is, I also want to go to the show. How would the scheduling work out to not overlap too much?

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Here is an update for you... I talked to Transworld a little bit about this subject. We might considering doing live seminar type tours during the day while Transworld tradeshow is operating. So smaller groups where we tour you thru everything we've done and explain how we've done it. So in other words mini live demo seminars during the day. I am NOT doing any more seminars at Transworld. So this would be a way for me to do something to help haunt owners. I can do this because I'm not planning on having a booth in 2021 for HPI but rather just Hauntworld and Fearticket which Patti can handle. So I'm kind of free to do something like that. I can be at The Darkness during the entire tradeshow every day of the show... and give private tours. Something we're considering.

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in you can contact me directly and let me know what you think.

We'll probably do some kind of a tour but it will be very limited. I'm thinking of doing a seminar for haunts/escapes with dinner, and a live tour thru our escapes, golf and haunt.

As for doing a tour of the haunt with live actors who knows.

Since Transworld last event in St Louis we've probably spent about $800k on upgrades to the facility, which includes the following: Two new Escapes (OZ and Dracula) - Mini Golf - Retro Arcade - Horror Arcade at Darkness - 16 new scenes in Darkness - Several all new scenes in Terror Visions. This doesn't even include that we might re-theme another escape prior to TW and any updates we might make to Darkness prior to TW.

This truly would be the biggest tour ever because no one would have seen the attraction in two renovation cycles.

Leave a comment:

• Patti Ludwinski
    replied
    I got a tour a couple days ago of the new Dracula and Mini Golf looking amazing. Can't wait to see everyone back in St Louis, I know Larry is excited to show everyone how we're transforming the entire attraction. I miss everyone! Patti

Leave a comment:

Working...
X