Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drfrightner
    replied
    Just set up this bad ass Aliens game in the Darkness!!!

IMG_2469.jpg
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Darkness and Lemp are at the 50% sold out mark now and going super fast

Behind the scenes is at 100 tickets left.

Check out the new scenes!!!!!!!!
    IMG_2432.jpg
    IMG_2295.jpg
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Working every single day on this project. Hope to see everyone soon!

Darkness New Scenes 1 096(1).jpg

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Check out the SPIDER CAVE!!! TONS MORE PICS COMING!

Darkness New Scenes 1 030.jpg

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    I wanted to make an announcement about future darkness/lemp haunt tours. I know you're going to say yeah yeah yeah... heard that all before.

But I wanted to say that i do really enjoy creating new scenes and sharing them with the haunted house industry. With that being said last year I just felt was getting be a grind and expensive. But there was a bigger issue and that was planning to sell the building the darkness sits in and buying a new in the county. But the escape room business really took off, and this wizard room is blowing up! So I just thought to myself maybe I shouldn't sell the location. I got an offer to sell but I changed my mind. and decided to update the darkness. This is why I'm doing another haunt tour.

Now keeping the darkness building didn't change my attempt to buy a new location... i did put an offer down on a new location. Yes the new location will have a haunt, but mainly its going to be a social gathering bar.

Okay so here she goes... if this goes thru there will NOT be a Darkness haunt tour next year. Why?

Because I will be building this new location using the same crew, time, money and effort on the bar not renovations of The Darkness.

Maybe its possible Id host a party at the new bar, but there would be NO DARKNESS haunted house tour. I just couldn't do it.

I've said a million times if I don't do any renovations I'm not opening The Darkness. So unless I could figure out a way to do something exciting we would NOT OPEN!

I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy this new building so there wouldn't be a darkness haunt tour next year. I would however add to St Louis Escape, a new escape room and other things.

So we would do that.

I'm really excited about everything new inside The Darkness and can't wait for everyone to see it. We're finishing the last scene this week with some cool photos to come soon!

Larry

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Another new scene COMPLETE! We're up to 16 scenes changed now!

IMG_2126.jpg
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Here is all the final details:

Transworld Haunted House and Escape Room Tour - THREE NIGHTS ONLY

Where: The Darkness 1525 South 8th Street - St Louis Missouri 63104 - Next Door To Soulard Market - St Louis Escape (next door to Darkness) 1517 South 8th Street - Lemp Brewery Haunted House 3500 Lemp Avenue (Down the street from Darkness)

When: Saturday February 15th - Arrive anytime between 7 and 10 pm.

Tickets: http://darkness.fearticket.com
    Each event is limited to ensure the best guest experience. Behind the Scenes Tour Limited to 350 - Lemp Live with Actors (500 limit) - Darkness Live (600 limit)

Tours and Dates: March 19th Thursday 7-9 pm Behind the Scenes Tour (Darkness - Terror Visions - Lemp - St Louis Escape) - March 20th Friday 7-9 pm Lemp with Live Actors - March 21th Saturday 7-9:30 pm The Darkness with Live Actors

Cost: Behind the Scenes Tour $120.00 Lemp Live w/ Actors $50.00 Darkness live w/ actors $60.00

What is Included: Behind the Scenes Tour: Take photos, video and see the attractions with no fog. This is the best event for haunted house or escape room owners. The Darkness and Lemp Live with actors experience a haunted house with real actors trying to scare the guests.

Details: The Darkness was totally renovated just for the haunted house industry. Experience all-new scenes including the new Spider Cave - Snake Temple - Skull Witch - Tons of new animations and special FX. The Darkness also replaced the older 5 minute escape room and replaced it with the all-new 5 Minute Coffin Escape Room. At the exit of The Darkness is new gift store items such as t-shirts, photo ops, and horror themed pinball. The Darkness in total will feature 16 scenes which have been totally rebuilt or updated. This is by far the biggest update we've ever done to the Darkness. Terror Visions also includes new scenes and animations. Lemp Brewery will feature new scenes and screams. St Louis Escape features an all-new game room with tons of pinball, arcades and the all-new Wonderful Wizard of Oz Escape Room. St Louis Escape has also renovated Pirates Curse and the Cellar game play since last Transworld.

Next door is St Louis Escape featuring: Cellar - Mummy - Hotel and Pirates Curse. Wonderful Wizard of Oz set to opening for Transworld. Book now at www.stlouisescape.com

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Two new animations have found their new home inside The Darkness. Get your tickets now http://darkness.fearticket.com

IMG_2077.jpg

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Don't you just love it when uninvited guests just hang around? A new scene going into Darkness is getting really close to completion. Let me tell you however what I've been doing for the last FOUR DAYS STRAIGHT, and boy am I sore!!! CLEANING the Darkness. We cleaned it top to bottom with brooms, shop vacs, with a TEAM and it still took FOUR DAYS to do it. To all my haunt friends out there let me HIGHLY suggest you take on this project with a HIGH POWERED light so you can see everything. Get on your hands and knees look under everything you can find, get behind walls, vac out spaces in floors, you know what you'll find PROBLEMS! I found so many problems I didn't even knew existed like frayed wires, screws poking thru walls and worst of all I found about 500 plus screws and nails hidden under years of dust. Worst off all I came to the conclusion that a lot of this piled up dust, is mostly from curtain shredding, from thousands of people walking thru it gathers up in balls and is or was probably very flammable. In the end we removed probably 20 FULL trash cans of trash, dirt, dust, broken props, and repaired thing we didn't even know was broken. Its a not a fun job but I STRONGLY suggest everyone do it and do it yourself... its the only way to know for sure you got everything. IMG_2028.jpg

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Getting closer on this new escape room!!!!
    IMG_1986.jpg

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Another scene under construction!!!
    IMG_1902.jpg

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    IMG_1916.JPEG
    IMG_1897.JPG

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Wonderful Wizard of Oz escape is coming along quickly now! One more day of painting and its off to nothing but wiring!

IMG_1880.jpg

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Wonderful Wizard of Oz is coming along quickly. Check out this updated photo. Also the spider cave is getting there and so is our new scene just as you walk up the ramp to enter The Darkness. http://darkness.fearticket.com

IMG_1859.jpg

IMG_1856.jpg

IMG_1864.jpg

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Wonderful Wizard of Oz Escape Room based on the book is coming along! one Spider egg we're working on

IMG_1850.jpg
    IMG_1848.jpg
    IMG_1847.jpg

Leave a comment:

Working...
X