X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drfrightner
    replied
    Here is an overall update:

We're doing new scenes and renovations all over the place. This is a complete list of EVERYTHING we're doing at Darkness to showcase this is the biggest overall project we've attempted for a Transworld Haunted House Tour.

1) 5 Minute Escape nearly complete

2) Wonderful Wizard of Oz Escape Room based on the book is nearly construction completion Should be complete on paint and construction end of this week

3) New Spider Cave is about 65% (will show some pictures by end of week) (This is going to be my new favorite scene)

4) Snake Cave: About 60% its going but slow will show some pictures by end of week .

5) Serial Killers: Upstairs is COMPLETE will show some pictures oon

6) Terror Visions Clown Attack COMPLETE just need to wire in the animation

7) Terror Visions new Skull Illusion Hallway COMPLETE

8) Monster Museum Gift Store Upgrades: Will be adding horror themed video games not installed yet, building new 5 minute escape not yet complete, monsters moved up high to free up space (complete)

9) Adding new animation to the Wheel Chair Scene (Complete) Will show pictures

10) Adding new animation to the Attic (Complete) will show pictures

11) Adding new animations to both the scorpion cave and old spider cave (do not have yet coming from Unit 70)

12) New Skull Witch Scene: Complete minus the lighting and the Skull Witch animation

13) Build new Confusing Black Maze with built in animations (Complete)

14) Cathedral Scene: Added new giant animation and upgraded overall scene (Complete)

15) Older Snake Temple: Added new animation and props with a new scare box for actor (Complete)

16) Confusing Laser Maze: Added an elevation change with in floor animation (Complete)

17) Adding murals to every escape room to enhance theming (Complete with Wizard) (Cellar - Mummy - Hotel waiting for printed murals)

18) LEMP Building New Scene (New Props are already in house haven't started project waiting to complete Darkness)

19) Totally Updated all the Puzzles to our Pirates Escape Room (COMPLETED)

20) Improved the Terror Visions Jack n Box Scene with new props (Completed)

We're waiting on the following from Vendors:

Dead Snake Warriors (new snake cave)

Spider Scene: Animation - Attacking Spiders - Spider pods

Giant Animation to replace scorpion

Giant Animation to replace old Spider

GET YOUR TICKETS NOW http://darkness.fearticket.com

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Couple things here... first take a look at our coffin escape rooms that is still being worked on. It will be a four player game. This will be ready for Transworld. We can only have 150 players on Saturday of the Transworld show. So if you want to play this 5 minute escape rooms buy your tickets for Darkness live tour and add on the escape room. Once 150 people buy the 5 minute escape room we can't add anymore.

Also we're building a new SPIDER Scene... yes just one more scene we're building. In total there is a new SNAKE scene downtown, Spider scene downstairs, Skull Witch downstairs, new black maze downstairs, and we've totally changed FOUR other scenes downstairs. In total downstairs ALONE will have 4 brand new built from scratch new scenes, and FOUR other scenes totally upgraded.

Upstairs there is 1 BRAND NEW scene, and 2 other scenes that have been drastically improved. Terror Visions will have two new scenes. The monster museum will have the new five minute escape room, horror arcades, new t-shirts and more.

Get your tickets now http://darkness.fearticket.com
    IMG_1550.jpg
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied

IMG_1514.jpg

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Getting scenes down for The Darkness!!!! Plus a scene out of the 3D haunted house we're building for Creepyworld/Transworld.

IMG_1443.jpgIMG_1460.jpgIMG_1462.jpg
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    So what we have going on here is ... the Skull Witch scene is now ready for hard coating, and painting. After that it will be onto theming, lighting and sound.

Also we're building this SNAKE Themed hallway and that is also underway! Finally!

Wizard of Oz by the end of this week will have Dorthy Farm House complete.
    IMG_1436.jpg
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    So today we finally started wiring up the new 5 minute COFFIN ESCAPE ROOM. We're going to be playing it by Friday.

I wanted to mention this because I know people think I can sell unlimited tickets to everything because I'm just in this for the money. FALSE!

I learned some hard lessons the first year... everything is limited so no one complains, gets inspired, has a great time and learns something from the experience.

The 5 minute escape room only has the ability across 3 hours to do 150 guests. Once they're sold you can't play the game. So if you know you're coming to our Darkness live tour and you want to play the 5 minute escape get the tickets NOW!

http://darkness.fearticket.com

So here is some background... everyone gets locked into a coffin, each person works together to escape their coffin then solve one final puzzle.
    !cid_6BF10333-E20F-46DC-BD51-64F0588974FB@hsd1_co_comcast_net.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Tim Rasch
    replied
    Everything is looking amazing! Enjoy seeing the posted updates! Looking forward to the tours in March!

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Terror VIsions new scenes coming along!
    IMG_1368.jpg
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    We're working on Terror Visions as well... everything is moving along!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Haunted Mansion
    replied
    Larry,

How long does it typically take you to complete renovations, how much do you spend and how many on the crew to complete?

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    We had to stop working on Wizard for a while but we'll be back on it Thursday. We're getting closer on the wizards control room, and the moving floor for the first scene is finally ready to go.

We're trying or going to try like hell to get this thing opened by Valentine day.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Here is a new t-shirt we're doing

A couple things I want to explain overall about everythign we're doing ... we want you to get your monies worth no doubt.

We're doing work on Terror Visions, Darkness upstairs and downstairs, our gift store is being revamped to add new escape room, more games, and the wizard of oz.

In total there are FOUR WHOLE NEW scenes in Darkness, and another 6 are being updated and improved all the with the idea of making the place scarier.!!!!!
    !cid_8679C058-7324-47DA-9AC8-F287CE736735.jpg

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    The sign for our new 5 Minute Escape Room. This room is getting close to completion!
    !cid_B2E09583-14F2-463F-BA55-72DB7BFF0666@hsd1_co_comcast_net.jpg

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Btw check this out... we're building this for the tradeshow floor of Transworld. Sleepy Hollow 3D! Then after Transworld it will go to Creepyworld. I just thought you'd get a kick out of how we start a project. IMG_1314.jpg

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Sorry for the lack of updates.

For starters tickets are NOW on sale http://darkness.fearticket.com

There will only be 300 behind the scene tickets. We also reduced the hours we'll be open so we're going to sell fewer tickets. I just am getting tired of waking up early spending all night there.

So the people who want to come we're going to do an amazing job giving you something exciting to expeirence.

I've been working there myself three nights in a row until 6 am. We're working on new scenes and improving others... in total its up to about 10 scenes are getting done.

Everything is happening now! We're already up to 12 people working every day

IMG_1313.jpgIMG_1316.jpgIMG_1318.jpgIMG_1321.jpg

Leave a comment:

Working...
X