No announcement yet.

Transworld Show 2010 ... Your opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The seminars need to be better organized. I paid for two this year and proceeded to the seminar room. When I got there you could enter from one of three doors. No one ever checked anyone for the tickets. When I got there the guy sitting next to me said he had just stayed for all of them. I was a little pissed. That and due to the fact that no one was checking people were having to sit on the floor because there was no space.
    Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

I second Louisville, KY. It has a great convention center, some incredible haunts, a great downtown and more. There are at least 15 haunts I can think of that are in the Louisville, KY or surrounding areas and many within 2 hours. So there would be no shortage of haunts to tour. You also have Waverly Hills Sanatorium for Ghost Hunting and plenty of bars and places to hang out. Even one decorates extensively for Halloween and would probably do the same for the tradeshow. You even have a massive costume store to help Shane if He ended up having a costume ball along with the dinner. There are also plenty of hotels in Louisville, KY. The convention Center would easily be able to accommodate the haunt show and Louisville, KY is just a great Halloween town.
      Spooky Wishes
      Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

All Good Points.

I think and I will have to agree with Larry on this TransWorld seems to be listining. We have their ear and everyone needs to offer input and suggestions! I still would like to see the show move every two years. New host city, new haunts, new sights. We will just see how it pans out. Also starting the show on Thursday and ending on Sunday seems a good fit. It allows an extra night of fun whatever it may be.

Yes Noah your talking about Caufields Novlity. Tracy Caufield is a good friend of mine and she even makes the drive to Nashville to have her kids pictures taken with my Santa at one of my malls there rather than in Louisville. Anyway speaking of Nashville I still think the Opryland hotel would be a great place for the show and EVERYONE COULD STAY AT THE HOTEL THERE ITS THE LARGEST IN THE WORLD! Anyway were drifting right now we should focus on St. Louis! Shane and its opinions are well needed when it comes to the Haunt Show! Shane this time!
        Last edited by graystone; 04-03-2009, 07:25 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Monster-Tronics View Post

I agree with Rich! The vendors asked TW not to have the seminars at the same time as the show hours or at least mix it up. This year at TW the show floor stayed pretty busy but like Rich said, HC & MHC vendors stand in an empty show floor while the seminars go on all day long, then there is an hour break in the seminars and you get flooded. I understand haunters love all of the extra stuff at theses shows but is TW going to be another convention??? I’d like to see the show floors go away at HC & MHC and make them fun and not dilute the buyers from TW, and keep TW a “Tradeshow”.
          I think one of the main things that kept the floor full during seminars was really the tracks. Even for people going to seminars, it was likely that two of the three tracks wouldn't apply to them. As a result, the majority of the audience was still out in the vendor area.
          Last edited by HauntedMemphis; 04-03-2009, 11:30 AM.
          sigpic

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

Comment

On the seminars, good observation! It was the desire of the vendors to not lose an entire day of any one class of buyers, that is why they were broken into tracks as you noted. Also The idea was to appeal to different buyers from other areas than just haunts, another reason for the different tracks.

If we had had seminars all day just slamming haunted houses I think some of the vendors might not have been happy. Info is still coming in but due to the consistant strength of buyers on the floor and the very solid seminar attendance, the plan seems to have worked.

Thanks!
            Ben Armstrong
            NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
            www.Fearworld.com
            www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Originally posted by Speculo View Post
              It was the desire of the vendors to not lose an entire day of any one class of buyers, that is why they were broken into tracks as you noted.
              The tracks sound like a good idea to split up the traffic, however I met some really nice people at the CV party that said they had not seen the show floor at all because they were in seminars all day and had a few more on Sat. to go to. I guess they went for them all.

Maybe the best thing to do is have the seminars the day before the show starts like Transworld use to do, that way if people want to come in the day before just to party they can do that, hit some seminars and not obstruct the show.

Regards,
              Jeff Londos
              Monster-Tronics
              Innovators in Haunt Technologies
              www.Monster-Tronics.com
              Proud Member of the Halloween and Haunt Vendor Association
              www.halloweenhauntvendors.com
              www.youtube.com/MonsterTronics
              Regards,
              Jeff Londos
              Monster-Tronics
              Innovators in Haunt Technologies
              www.Monster-Tronics.com
              Proud Member of the Halloween and Haunt Vendor Association
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpYFWm4BNmc

Comment

Maybe I'm the only one, but I hope they combine again. Frankly, I didn't order much from the retail side, but it gave me a chance to look at what's coming out in the fall, so that I can buy it then.

Also, I am one for moving it back to Chicago. There is more stuff to do, and I just enjoy Chicago more. No offense, to Larry or anyone in the area, but I didn't enjoy St. Louis. I just didn't find it to be an impressive city at all.

Comment

My opinion: Definitely Thursday!

From having experience exhibiting at other conferences (in other industries) I agree that sunday SUCKS!! Horrorfind: Sunday is a waste of time. Everyone is hung over and no one is buying/talking/trading/etc. However, I love sunday 12:00 p.m. That way people can get in their last minute show deals, etc.

I would personally be in favor of a thursday opening. When you take seminars all day Friday, and Saturday's trade show is a zoo... it is hard to get in quality time with vendors. I think everyone appreciates when vendors have time to spend with you answering questions... not looking over your shoulder looking for the next potential buyer.

I know its a pain in the ass... but what about t-shirts for '10? Some of us have kids/family/friends (whoever) who would want a t-shirt back home. I think brainstorm was the only company selling shirts at the show.

BTW. Clutch on the event security/scanning system/etc. You know there were about 3,000 kids who would have ransacked the trade show floor if they could.
                  Patrick Barberry
                  www.legendsofthefog.com
                  sigpic

Comment

LOL, made us feel like we were the coolest gang around. A number of times I passes these little teenie boopers talking to security craning their necks trying to see all the cool stuff inside and begging and pleading to get in.....
                    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

I will not lie the show kicked ass, i loved it!!! I am sure we will vend there next year, however with positives there are negatives. I really liked how close the show was to the hotel, i loved the food, i liked alot of the new vendors!!!! cool shit. But i cannot shake that empty feeling ?? I disliked the price of food at the show, i disliked the assgouge if you ordered a drink at the bar not to mention the bar sucked ass.. I guess what disturbed me the most is that we should be happy the show is split apart??? I do not like this at all, most vendors, most people, cannot afford all these shows!!! To me i always looked at transworld as the end all, be all for us halloween lovers. I would like everyone to think back to there childhood when halloween was your day to get candy and dress up, you get a little older and scare the kids in your front yard, add a little more time to the mix and have your very first "yard haunt" this was our catalist to what we would one day become!!!! BLAMM we are haunted house actors, owners, make-up artists,set designers, or vendors and even more, my point is halloween is what helped make us so why would we leave it behind us. I dont give one damn were it is just keep the show together its a great start to a great ending.

Just a thought from a asshole

Jason Blaszczak

Comment

Well said Jason. I agree having the tradeshow so close to the hotel was the best thing. I could roll out of bed at 9:15, shower and shave and be at the trade show at 9:30! Bar sucked for sure, 2 bartenders and two waittresses? That will have to change. I mean, were they unaware that haunters were in town? LOL. Food, as always at the tradeshow was epensive and too few choices.
                        www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Thank you TRIPLE X

jason

Comment

I told you guys to vend this year... I do hope you vend next year because you guys have cool stuff!!! You guys have some serious talent over there!

Here is looking at you guys exhibiting next year!!!

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President
                            www.HalloweenProductions.com
                            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Thank you larry, It means alot.

Jason

Comment

Hey guys, get some new product out there, I am sure at least your existing clients will buy it. Great stuff and great service.

Looking forward to seeing what you pull out for the other shows!

Thanks!
                                Ben Armstrong
                                NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
                                www.Fearworld.com
                                www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Working...
                                X