Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Based on an argument going on.. How many here are christians?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The longest thread on Haunt World and it has nothing to do with haunting, Larry must be proud.lol.
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

• I can't believe I read this whole thread..I want my bandwith back.

An now my two cents:

I'm an Irish Jew by choice and I suck at yet I go to a methodist church because I like the people. Its all a funny story that used to be funnier because I had a Polish last name for a while. What you worship outside your haunt is your business .

How you run your haunt is every ones business. Though religion may play a part, it should never be a main focus. The making of new friends, sharing of ideas, and working together to achieve common goals, these are the things I'm looking for in the haunt I want to work for.
      ~*~How is a raven like a writing desk ?
      ~*~*~There both the perfect tools for picking at the brain.
      ~*~*~*~An my favorite game you ask ?
      ~*~*~*~*~ Raven on the desk of course.

Jessica Ward

Comment

• Turd Place=first place-thread

Which must mean it is a very long one!
        Hey everyone reading this, do you have no problems falling to sleep at night? No guilt, remorse, replays in your brain cells because of something you did that wasn't nice to someone?
        This is the first sign, that you just might be treating the rest of us pretty good as you come in contact with others everyday.
        It's a way of living that religion helps some of us maintain but unfortunately makes this life unpleasant for others who take things to extremes.
        Will the crowd at your funeral be there because they liked you or be there just to make sure you are dead? (as in "Good Riddence!")
        I like to think that most of us are doing the best that we can with what we have to work with.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

• Originally posted by darkXmoon View Post
          I can't believe I read this whole thread..I want my bandwith back.

An now my two cents:

I'm an Irish Jew by choice and I suck at yet I go to a methodist church because I like the people. Its all a funny story that used to be funnier because I had a Polish last name for a while. What you worship outside your haunt is your business .

How you run your haunt is every ones business. Though religion may play a part, it should never be a main focus. The making of new friends, sharing of ideas, and working together to achieve common goals, these are the things I'm looking for in the haunt I want to work for.

Originally posted by Jim Warfield View Post
          Which must mean it is a very long one!
          Hey everyone reading this, do you have no problems falling to sleep at night? No guilt, remorse, replays in your brain cells because of something you did that wasn't nice to someone?
          This is the first sign, that you just might be treating the rest of us pretty good as you come in contact with others everyday.
          It's a way of living that religion helps some of us maintain but unfortunately makes this life unpleasant for others who take things to extremes.
          Will the crowd at your funeral be there because they liked you or be there just to make sure you are dead? (as in "Good Riddence!")
          I like to think that most of us are doing the best that we can with what we have to work with.

Jessica and Jim,

I couldn't have said it better myself. I agree with you and Maya Angelou:

"When you know better, you do better."

And I honestly don't understand why anyone cares what religious beliefs other people have if it doesn't affect their haunt business.

Why are we discussing this? I really don't get it.

Dungeonmaster
          According to everybody else, I'm the master of this domain: While trying to shorten Dungeonmaster, something went horribly wrong.

Comment

• Dungmaster,

You? Of all people keeping a thread going related to inflatable turds on a haunt forum for so long? I think religion is a bit more important than inflatable turds and bad youtube videos....

Religion is in most cases, maybe should be with others, a part of our everyday lives. Faith is a guide, a moral compass, so it is ever present and to ignore it here would or anywhere be ridiculous.

DA

Comment

• Do any of you Christians fear having a Haunt because it doesn't resemble anything that honors the Lord? How do you incorporate your faith in your business?

Comment

• [quote=Jim Warfield;107406]
                quote]

I better start a "get paid to attend my funeral" advertising campaign combined with some affiliate link action that makes the money to pay the mourners.
                sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                  Dungmaster,

You? Of all people keeping a thread going related to inflatable turds on a haunt forum for so long? I think religion is a bit more important than inflatable turds and bad youtube videos....

Religion is in most cases, maybe should be with others, a part of our everyday lives. Faith is a guide, a moral compass, so it is ever present and to ignore it here would or anywhere be ridiculous.

DA
                  I like that thread actually more then this one. Most of the people that I know on this forum are good hard working people. They lead good respectable lives, raise there children as best they can, and keep good moral values in there haunted houses. So what if some are Christian and some are not, live your life to lead the way to a better day. If you run a bad haunt for the wrong reasons it don't matter what god you believe in because your not going to make it.

I'm not going to post any more in this thread because honestly it seems pointless to me. Any further communication pertaining to this topic can be sent in PM form.

An as for them "stupid" YouTube videos, some are kinda funny.
                  ~*~How is a raven like a writing desk ?
                  ~*~*~There both the perfect tools for picking at the brain.
                  ~*~*~*~An my favorite game you ask ?
                  ~*~*~*~*~ Raven on the desk of course.

Jessica Ward

Comment

• Those youtube videos, well, my kids think they are funny at least...

Comment

• ^ UH OH! Never realized there were demon spawn running around watching YouTube videos. You could learn a lot from them.

Also, regarding our ongoing PM I was proved rightmost again by someone admitting those videos were funny. Please. Smile a little bit and take some ice out of that thing you call a heart. You'll see these forums as a much more welcoming place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Dells View Post
                        Im not but our haunt owner is and we do say a prayer with the crew before war evey night, a mention is made in our rules room but we don't preach it .
                        Back to something haunted house related...

I want to ask, does holding a prayer before the night actually help with moral? I mean, obviously anyone who doesn't wish to partake would certainly be welcome to go elsewhere while the prayer is being done. But to those who are christians (which i am not), does it really make you feel better before starting the night? Get you pumped? We're in the bible belt, so many of our haunters are devout Christians (not that our location necessarily means anything).

OR would this possibly alienate those of other religions who aren't getting a special time to "pray" or whatever they wish to do.

So would it just be better to keep the haunt strictly "non-religious", since it tends to be a taboo subject, much like politics. everyone wants to be right, so it's like "don't even go there", which is sad since I'd like everyone to be able to celebrate their start to their night however they want without it being a big to do.

Just a question.
                        sigpic
                        Catie Mahfouz
                        Blood Ink Writing Service
                        www.hauntwriter.com

Comment

• Hauntchick, I'd say leave it up to the actors to decide. If they feel compelled to pray beforehand allow it and respect it, and for those not interested they can do what they do to prepare.

Bobby, I know it could be a difficult concept for you to understand, but PM means private message. So keep the ones posted in your PM private and discuss the public threads like the ones you find here posted on the board for public consumption. Hope you learned something today.

DA

Comment

• You're right, I learned how unimaginably psycho and rude you are and if you disrespect my efforts again or do not begin being more respectful our entire PM conversation can be made public for all I care. I started the PM out of respect because I didn't think it was nice to call you out infront of everyone, but you keep pushing the envelope. Try me. Keep your disrespectful, rude, ignorant and unwanted comments to yourself or stay off the forum.

Comment

• I think people here have more important things to do than to care about our conversation. If anyone wants to read it pm me I'll send it to you!

DA

Comment

• Bobby,

Thank you. I feel I was attacked on this thread and then told not to make it personal on another thread, when I had been nothing but kind to this person up until I was attacked. I'm sorry, but I agree with you and feel guilty at the same time for having bad feelings about anyone, especially someone on these forums. It really makes me sad. Thanks again for voicing what I tried to but obviously couldn't. All the best!

Dungeonmaster
                                According to everybody else, I'm the master of this domain: While trying to shorten Dungeonmaster, something went horribly wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X