Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Down to the Brass Tax... WHAT DID YOU BUY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gore Galore
    replied
    Tim,

I apologize for not being available to talk with you at the show.
    It seems no matter how I plan the show or how many people we have in the booth to help, it is still not enough. And YES, that is a good thing.
    But give us a call so we can get your order lined out. We need to get you in the schedule. We have a full schedule....HAPPILY!

And I also believe that ALL the vendors were excited to up the bar on themselves this year. It was an exciting show to see. It would have been nice if I would have gotten to see it during show hours

Leave a comment:

• drfrightner
    replied
    Tim,

I don't think you do your haunt for a profit you do it for fun for the love of it. I don't think there is one person on the planet that spends more money with vendors than you!!!

When vendors see you coming their eyes open wide! LOL

Today I was talking to Ghost Ride and he was asking me if we bought anything... we bought nothing. I was thinking about the show a bit more and I've decided we won't be buying anything we saw at the show this year. We still have to work on Creepyworld but we won't be buying anything from anyone because what we saw didn't fit what we will need.

I think we are set for this year. However I will be the first to admit this years show was way better than last year, and the vendors deserve a massive amount of credit for the great job they did!!!

KUDOS!

With that said I was telling Mike that I don't even remember seeing what most of this stuff did, I didn't see ANYTHING in Distortions booth go off, maybe a couple things in Scarefactory and nothing else. Does anyone have videos of this stuff working??? I honestly admit that I wasn't really at the show but for a few hours and didn't really walk around and didn't really see much work. So if anyone has videos please post them.

Larry

Leave a comment:

• HouseOfHorrors
    replied
    I thought the show was overall very good this year.. lots of cool new stuff! I bought:
    A whole bunch of Pale Nights Video effects
    LOTS of silicone masks from Immortal, CFX, and AFFX
    Some more costumes from Global Fear Enterprises and a few new Custom ones Matt is going to do for me
    A few scenes In the interactive Haunt I helped build
    A bunch of cool stuff from Shot In The Dark
    Put in Big orders in December with Scarefactory and Ghost Ride I'm waiting to receive yet-but some a bunch of cool new stuff from both that I purchased
    Some cool stuff from Sean Rodgers
    Dead House Designs
    Haunted Enterprises
    Bought a bunch of Stuff at the HAA auction including one of those cool Dark Raven Snakes
    Paid for my Hauntworld ads and bought Larrys 2 new DVD's (I'm looking forward to watching these..haven't had the time yet!)

Have a bunch of stuff still to order from Gore Galore.. They had some amazing stuff as usual.. didn't get a chance to get with Kevin-He was always busy!

All in all I think it was a great show.. I just wish I had more time!

-Tim

Leave a comment:

• Mistress DeSade
    replied
    Sue-we seriously need to talk about prop rotation, lol!

I bought supplies thus far...fog and new machines from Froggy's...controllers from EFX...start of a new light system from Quan. Prop buying after lease is secured.

Leave a comment:

• Odinseye
    replied
    This is the airbrush we bought....
    IMG_7642.JPG
    To change color you just pull the bottle out and slip in a new one. We purchased the entire set (pump, airbrush, 6 bottles, paint and case). Since we took their display set he gave us %40 off so we came out ok on the deal. Plus I can use it in my other business!

Leave a comment:

• jakprintsHAUNT
    replied
    Originally posted by Allen H View Post
    Mike I think the airbrush he is referring to is the zero G from EBA.
    http://www.europeanbodyart.com/catal...ducts_id/2386/

Would love to hear some reviews on this, its kind of like a cross between the harbor freight craft gun and a pasche-H...I dig the way it looks to work, but the price point is kinda wild when I've been buying $20 airbrushes...the cartriges alone are $70...

Mike "Pogo" Hach

Leave a comment:

• wickedfarmer
    replied
    Dinner at Hooters, ...oh you mean inside the show?

Well I bought the Distortions Shock Therapy, Poison Props 3 head Dropper, some dentures, putting together an order still for Fright Props. And since another haunt is going to use my Distortions Gargoyle Shock this year they bought a Poison Props Drop Portarait Zombie but are having it shipped to me for one year. (We will swap props back next year).

Toying with idea of selling my ScareFactory Floating Reaper and doing more shopping for another bigger item. (And for you who think ScareFactory stuff always breaks it is fine...Ive NEVER had any ScareFactory stuff break) With all the bells and whistles it would cost $4859ish new if ordered this month ...if somebody wants to toss me an offer and make me think more serious about going shopping again.

Wicked Farmer

Leave a comment:

• Allen H
    replied
    Mike I think the airbrush he is referring to is the zero G from EBA.
    http://www.europeanbodyart.com/catal...ducts_id/2386/

Leave a comment:

• Mike Bizub
    replied
    Yes they came with a light box or they were letting you just order the bust and building your own box

Leave a comment:

• damon carson
    replied
    ?

Do these watchoos have to be lit from the backside? Just wondering. I have more busts than I can count. But a few more can't hurt. This is one of the few things I didn't see at the show. Thanks damon

Leave a comment:

• Mike Bizub
    replied
    The inverted busts or Watchoos are Haunted Mansion style following busts by Hauntek http://hauntek.com/index.php?main_pa...re4j24s9fikof2 We got the full color ones. I think the detail is more pronounced in them

Leave a comment:

• HordeOfUndead
    replied
    We definitely supported the new vendors. Put orders through for both Brutal Rust & Sinister Signs. They had EXCELLENT products in our opinion.

Also bought props and supported our own local (Buffalo NY vendor) Dark Raven Designs!

Lots of stuff from Fright Props again and found a cool prop or two from Nightscream we needed this year.

Too many things to buy!

Leave a comment:

• jakprintsHAUNT
    replied
    Originally posted by Odinseye View Post
    One of our biggest purchases was the new airbrush that has the paint outside the brush so you dont have to clean it and you can change colors by just switching out the paint holder. Got a great deal on it too!

Who made this airbrush (and what was the model)? This description could be a lot of airbrushes that have been around, but also sounds like it might be something new and different.. I may have missed it if that is the case.

Mike "Pogo" Hach

Leave a comment:

• HauntedMemphis
    replied
    Originally posted by graystone View Post
    Larry you mean the talking statues when you say inverted busts?
    I think he means Watchoos.

Some of what I bought:
    I picked up a couple Watchoos.
    EFX Tech controllers.
    A lot of mechanicals from Frightprops.
    The Cannon Floor model from Edge.
    I hired Chad Savage (Sinister Visions) for new art and web design.
    Lots of marketing materials.
    Lots of foam work from Woodloom.

Leave a comment:

• graystone
    replied
    Inverted Bust?

Larry you mean the talking statues when you say inverted busts?

I bought....
    Gore Galore Giant Ghost
    8 silicone mask ( makes me 30 now)
    2 props from poison props
    Haunt Tatics Costume
    and a ton from Unit70 and got several more things to buy! I only got to see like a few hours of the show this year! Shane and it's time to work! Shane

Leave a comment:

Working...
X