Glow Rope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glow Rope

Just ran across this at Harbor Freight...low in the dark rope!! No really!!!

I bought it and yes it glows in the dark, but even more importantly it is black light reactive!!

Could be useful for heavy duty glow in the dark spider webs, or 3D effects.

It's $5.99 for 100 feet...just hand a ton of it in a hallway and throw in a blacklight.

Here's a link:
    http://www.harborfreight.com/1-4-qua...ope-65567.html

Grab a hank and come up wit a couple new ideas!!

Rich
    rjprod@cox.net
    Attached Files
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

"Tik-tik-tok-tik!"

But what does your gieger counter say about this rope?
    We all know that China sometimes uses old, scary chemicals and crude technology (+ cheap labor) to make some products that might not be "Safe".
    There was The Luminous Watch Company" in Elgin? Ill. 1910, poisoned, killed many women painting those little watch hands, messed up most of their pregnantcys. They can Still locate "Hot Spots" where the factory used to be.....
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

This isn't haunt related but between black light rope and tape, I used to use a LOT for when I did backstage crew on school plays. It's very useful stuff. I donated some the tape I had to one of the haunts I was a part of about 4 years ago, to mark out emergency exits on the floor as well as lining the dark hallways that were used only by actors. I'm not big on webs, simply because it's cliche but for safety reasons the tape is useful. I think scratching this rope up would be more fun to make black light reactive vines or something for a scary forest/swamp room? Idunno, thinking out of the box lol.

Comment

Ya I saw something on that on the history channel or no it was 1000 ways to die! Lol! Also heard them speak of this rope somewhere. The story goes supposedly many fisherman off the coast of China started using the same type of rope pictured here. They loved it because of it durability and also its glowing luminest. But after many months of using this and being out in the elements many of the fishermen discovered there hands glowing in the middle of the night after they had turned into there cabins for the night. Nothing was thought of it. Until the old vessel was discovered off the shore off the tip of Florida. A young lady who had been walking her dog that evening stumbled upon the wreckage from the beach. And as she approached the old craft she kinda noticed a strange glow coming from the craft. Right before she boarded the ship her dog let out a loud yelp and disappeared. Frightened and startled in the foggy darkness she yelled and screamed for her lost friend. But no answer. She started to panic and frantically looked for her cell phone. In the process it fell from her fumbling hands in the dark.
        She fell on the wet sandy beach looking for it in tears. When all of a sudden she suddenly could see it out of the darkness. She looked up to see where the erie stange light was coming from. When she did a Zombie pirate bit her right in the neck. The next moring no ever found a trace of the old fishing boat or the poor young lady with her dog. But if you go out there on the beach on a dark foggy night you can supposedly still see the glow oh her cellphone dancing around in the cold cold night. Some say the old fisherman is carrying around her soal. Others say "No thats just Rich coming back from Harbor Freight with more of that glow in the Dark rope." LOL! Beware of the glow in the dark rope! And I know you live in Vegas but Lake Mead isnt off the ocean and wouldnt have fit into the story. Ha ha! But the creepy janitor at our Harbor Freight claims this is a true ghost story. Insert Evil laughter! Ha ha ha ha! Cue door creaking! Slamming shut! Cut!
        I always wanted to be a director.
        Damon
        Damon Carson

Comment

Then there was the story of the poor young man who was unjustly convicted of being a murderous sea- pirate. He was captured and taken to the gallows that stood at Harbor Freight to meet his untimely end. His ghost still wanders the land looking for vengeance! You can sometimes see an unearthly glow coming from his collar where the rope that snapped his neck left it's ghoulish mark..

Next?
          missjayne
          Netherworld Haunted Attractions
          http://www.fearworld.com/

Comment

This is crazy i got a price before last season for glow rope and they wanted almost 1.50 a foot

Comment

Make your own avoid the dreaded ghost pirates. You can buy the brush on and also spray glow paint i believe.
              Damon
              Damon Carson

Comment

Yeah, tekno bubble fluid works good for dying rope.

Although I'd rather use Damon's sea pirate zombie glow guts.

Comment

Damon.... too funny!!!

I've used laundry detergent too for black light reaction, but no glow in the dark goodness. Just pour some out and try it because not all brands react.
                  Last edited by hauntedkimmy; 02-16-2011, 03:11 PM.
                  Kimmy

http://hauntedkimmycreations.weebly.com/

Comment

Damon...Dude you need to get out more!!!!!

Yeah you can buy glow stuff then dye the rope, but considering the cost.... $6.00 for 100 feet???? Any dying agent would be more than that!! And no additional work!! Also too many times the glow spray or paint is water soluable.... NOT good for Haunt use!!

Watch for sales on it. Harbor Freight has an Inside Track Club. Costs a couple bucks to join and you get coupons that the general public doesn't. I got a coupon for the 100 ft hank for $3.88!!!That's really why I bought it, just to test. To many of the glow in the dark things do not react enough under black light. This one did!!

I'm not much into the fake spider webs myself. But playing around with it I think I'm just going to hang a ton of the ropes in a dark hallway, then as the group gets halfway through flick on a blacklight!! Was thinking of slapping some latex on for god measure, just have to make sure it still reacts to blacklight!

Always something at the Harbor Freight!!

Rich
                    rjprod@cox.net
                    R&J Productions
                    Las Vegas, NV
                    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Sorry Rich. You know how urban legends start right! Jim started it. And it just snow balled from there. Far as making your own painting you would probably need to only use indoors. Unless you put some type of seal on it. And techno bubbles? You would have to have like a gallon of it or more and soak it in it. And let it dry. Cant see that surviving the elements. Kim I cant remember what laundry detergent reflects under black light. Seems like its tide? Cant remember. But ya Harbor Freight does have some really cool stuff and some great deals.
                      Damon
                      Damon Carson

Comment

So... I told an urban myth?

Caught me! Radiation poisoning is just a myth. Want to store some waste products from our illinois nuke plants in your backyard?
                        Unless things have changed in just the last few years, one cannot live in any other location than Mount Carroll to be more surrounded by nuke plants than we are right here.
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Damon, I think it is Rit dye whitener that works on fabric. But like I said, I happen to run across this rope that already glows in the dark, is blacklight reactive and cheap!! What more can a Haunter want except a use or two for it!!

Rich
                          R&J Productions
                          Las Vegas, NV
                          www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Ya anything glow in the dark you automatically think haunted house. i wonder why they havent incorported any colors into glow in the dark say maybe a bright red or blue or even a bright green? You would think they could? Maybe the pigment of those colors doesnt allow it to glow at bright?
                            Damon
                            Damon Carson

Comment

Ill be picking this up for some projects at darksyde.....
                              Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Working...
                              X