No announcement yet.

The Darkness, Lemp, Creepyworld 2011 Renovation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple more pictures of Darkness.. Here you can see that snake sculpt better. Also you can see a flashed out pic of the gator finally in his new home, the video illusion in the cremation room, and a picture of Terror Visions in our new TNT room. get your tickets today www.thedarkness.com

SAM_1433.jpgSAM_1432.jpgSAM_1436.jpgSAM_1430.jpg
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Here are some pics of Lemp... we are doing some really nasty dinner settings. LOL. Lemp is REALLY coming along I do however think it will take another solid month of work on Lemp to make it really great... but what we've managed to do in a very short time frame is well pretty awesome. I will get more pics all through the weekend. Larry

SAM_1424.jpgSAM_1421.jpgSAM_1428.jpgSAM_1426.jpgSAM_1420.jpg
      Larry Kirchner
      President

Comment

Good Looking!

Everything looks great! Shane and it's nice job! Shane
        sigpic

Comment

Bad news my entire crew just left town to go to Vancouver to install a mini golf attraction... we haven't finished Darkness or Lemp. Houston we have a problem! lol

They will be back on Monday and we'll go from there... just wanted to let you know there is only like 8 or 10 tickets left for the behind the scenes tour. Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

It all looks so great! Sorry to have to miss it. Another time...

Comment

I love the drawings, and the haunt itself looks spectacular. If I make it out that way sometime, I'll be certain to stop by

Sorry about the problems. Hope all goes well, Larry.
              Last edited by Darksydesigns; 03-05-2011, 02:43 PM.
              sigpic
              http://www.cafepress.com/Darksydesigns
              Wide variety of products, including clothing (from child to adult-sized), jewelry, wall clings, dog items, and much more. Many perfectly-suited for Halloween.

Comment

I will be taking a ton of pictures today of Lemp and will post them. In the meantime on the Scarefest.com facebook page I did something interesting ... I posted folders of VERY OLD pictures of The Darkness and old posters and artwork. Check it out you might get a kick out of it.

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

The food you guys create really looks nasty, and real!

DA

Comment

The behind the scenes tour sold out... I had them add a few more tickets to the LAST HOUR ONLY. So you cant' come at any HOUR other than the last one.

Additionally as of today I had them TURN OFF selling tickets to Lemp and Darkness for ALL HOURS execpt the LAST HOUR... I'm calling it sold out EXCEPT the LAST HOUR ONLY!

If you want to come you have no choice on any of the tours but to come during the last hour... Darkness has the last two hours open. I've been getting tons of emails asking about the behind the scenes saying SOLD OUT... yes it is so if you want to come NOW you can ONLY COME in the LAST HOUR of the event.

Lemp Friday tour is basically 110% SOLD OUT... its only open on the last hour now. Darkness tour has plenty of tickets last two.

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

• Will we still be able to get tickets at the show? I'm looking to bring our guys to the Darkness on Saturday, they're super excited! -Tyler
                      Chris Riehl
                      Sales@spookyfinder.com
                      (586)209-6935
                      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

• You can only get tickets to the LAST HOUR... you might be able to buy them at the show you should buy online. www.TheDarkness.com

I told Interactive ticket TODAY to CLOSE all tickets for the first three hours... because the bts tour sold out those people go whenever they will overcrowd the haunts. So I'm throwing everything from today on into the last hour which isn't even close to being sold out. Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

• That's fine, I think they'd prefer the last hour! Hahaha... sounds good! Can't wait to see the haunt! -Tyler
                          Chris Riehl
                          Sales@spookyfinder.com
                          (586)209-6935
                          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

• We are SO behind on getting Darkness and Lemp done that Jim won't even be able to go to the show on Thursday.

The lighting and sound is horrid at both places... I doubt we'll be able to get it perfect, additionally our water screen effect with our new CGI is AWESOME however to get it working right we have to CHANGE everything totally to get it working. HOPEFULLY we will get this done but I am NOT positive... its one of those things called trial and error. Unfortunatly we do NOT have time for 'trial and error'. LOL

We are going to try though... because its freakin awesome. We put the projector in the wrong place and its just not going to work where it is soooooo those are updates.

See you at the show on Thursday.

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

• Best of luck with the haunt, Larry Wish I could make it, too. Enjoy yourselves, everyone who does go.
                              sigpic
                              http://www.cafepress.com/Darksydesigns
                              Wide variety of products, including clothing (from child to adult-sized), jewelry, wall clings, dog items, and much more. Many perfectly-suited for Halloween.

Comment

• Sadly I report that we will NOT finish Darkness or Lemp... we've just pushed ourselves too thin this time around. What I set out to do was just too much considering we also had to built four attractions for other clients. Jim has SLEPT in The Darkness TWO nights in a ROW now... he's sleeping there right now.

Will you think its awesome... AHHH YEAH! However is it done done ... no way. Lighting and sound is horrible... every two seconds there is something not working something new that has never been tested. The gator animations with Unit 70 Gator we screwed that up when we sprayed the concrete we can't get the waterfall working because it leaks. We know what we did wrong just can't fix it... we'll try.

The moving elevator has no transition plates in other words there is nothing connecting it to the real floors... i don't know we might have to put someone there telling them to step over it I don't know. We'll try to get that done as well... its just a nightmare.

If we had two more weeks... just two more weeks. On the bright side, its stunning, but it could look better with better lighting and sound but that will have to wait for another time.

I want to tell everyone I've had 10 to 15 peopel a DAY working in there DAY AND NIGHT and its still not done... this is the most challenging thing we've ever done.

Lastly, more bad news... there will be NO Pirhana because they ate each other. I'm not kidding... they ate each other they are all dead! LOL

Apparently you need like 12 to 20 so they won't eat each other. I don't know.

This is all new to me... the good news is Jim will NOT be coming to the show today or Friday because he'll stay behind to continue working all the way up to the witching hour. We will have snakes! That is good news... LOL.

I notice all this stuff but maybe you guys won't... its awesome, its stunning, its over the top, its just breathtaking and I wish we had two more weeks. See you later today... I get to go to bed and sleep for 3 hours.

My Challenger is being dropped off at 7:30am its been out of commission for over a year... finally getting it back.

Talk to you soon!

Larry
                                Larry Kirchner
                                President

Comment

Working...
                                X