No announcement yet.

The Darkness, Lemp, Creepyworld 2011 Renovation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who didn't come here are some of the snakes we had on display. Check it out. I know the Cobra scared a lot of people because he was constantly striking at people. Larry

SAM_1600.jpgSAM_1604 - Copy.jpgSAM_1602.jpgSAM_1601.jpgSAM_1608 - Copy.jpg
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

• I'm upset I missed the haunt, but not upset I missed those snakes. Not cool. Thumbs up for the renovations, thumbs down for those things.
      Jared Layman

Comment

• The handler walking around with the snake was pretty cool. I for one am scared of snakes but I actually touched that one...We're doing a voodoo theme this year so a snake handler dressed as an actor walking the crowds would be a cool idea.
        O'Shawn McClendon
        Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

• So what snake did he have out? I didnt know about this. You miss so much being apart of the haunt. Next year im just going through.
          Damon
          Damon Carson

Comment

• are you getting new pirhanas?

Comment

• I believe he had out a Burmese python. I love the Pakistan Cobra, I've seen that one many times at the Branson Zoo/Herpitarium.
              Katie Lane
              Partner/VP
              Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
              sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

• What an amazing project (The Darkness).. It really does look "straight out of Disney".

What a great thread..thanks!

-Jim
                Last edited by Chop Shop; 03-19-2011, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• Okay a couple things... one I wanted to say thanks once again for all the kind words! I've done this thread for three years staight leading up to the TW show and now I see lots of people do such threads which I think is awesome!!! There isn't much left that we will do to the Darkness outside of fix the lighting, sound, and a few things that have some issues. The one BIG THING however we will fix is the drains... some idiot emails me after the show and starts rambling about how he should get a refund for walking around in urine and blah, blah, blah. I told him point blank it was drain water, that backed up into our building, he said something like he worked around it or something and knows what it smells like... LOL. I couldn't believe it we've owned this building for 7 years and the ONE the FIRST and ONLY time the drains would back up is 30 minutes before we opend. Go figure!

Yes the que line flooded with water and we scrambled to do everything we could to get rid of it but it kept coming... AS I SAID to the one goof, it was an outside DRAIN, you know rain water in our drains that backed up not a toliet or anything like that... it was backed up from the OUTSIDE of our building in our drains. Well this is kinda outragous but these guys have been working on fixing this now for DAYS no make that weeks... they have been pulling stuff out of the drains dating back to the 1950's... yeah this is true! They pull stuff out of the drains EVERY SINGLE DAY and this is costing us like thousands. They had to dig up our back lot, they are also fishing stuff out of the front drain... ALL OUTSIDE THE BUILDING like I told the one goof. All the water in the building was like drain water backed up in the drains so it was basically water sitting around for a while. Oh well... check out these photos I took today of our back lot all torn up! Larry

SAM_1673.jpgSAM_1672.jpgSAM_1674.jpg
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

• Lastly, wanted to say we are getting ready to TEAR into Creepyworld. We are going to build a really cool Pig Butcher Farm, improve our Hayride and build a SAW haunted house. Once we start which will be in a few weeks I'll start a thread and post pictures just as I have done with Darkness and Lemp here.

We are also going to do a bit more work to Lemp and if we do anything really cool we'll post some pictures.

We are going to do SEVERAL awesome things to Creepyworld. I did however want to invite anyone back to St. Louis during the Halloween season when Darkness is going full blast with like 70 or 80 actors or Lemp with 60 plus actors. But I'm telling you guys and no one believes me but Creepyworld is OUR best haunted house with awesome detail, 7 HUGE haunted houses, the most props, everything, the places takes well over an HOUR to go through everything.

Creepyworld is our best haunt and it features like 100 actors.

Again we invite everyone down during Halloween once we open.

A new thread coming soon on Creepyworld.

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

• We made another video of the tour... this one is for The Darkness we are making another one for Lemp. Let me know what you think. Larry

Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

• Let me know what you think of the video... we are making another one for Lemp so we'll post that soon.

Right now we are working on Creepyworld I'm going to post some pictures of that soon.

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

• The video looks great! Nice job editing!
                          *Sigh*I can't wait til' October

Comment

• Looking forward to the Lemp one... seeing if my crew's interview made the cut.
                            Ryan

Comment

• SAM_2519.jpgSAM_2521.jpgHere are some Creepyworld Photos... I'll just keep this thread going now with Creepyworld. Right now we are working on the trailer haunted house which we may tour next year at TW. We are also working on the pig farm we are building. We bought a couple really cool old trucks and farm equipment. I will keep updating this thread with Creepyworld pictures and whatever else we do and or the Lemp video ... coming soon! The big black building will be a bathroom in the movie theater its something you will walk through.

Larry
                              SAM_2524.jpgSAM_2522.jpgSAM_2523.jpg
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

• Looks great! Is that pig farm qhere the que was after the graveyard? Just wondering how that would work.

As always I love seeing the pictures and great job!
                                *Sigh*I can't wait til' October

Comment

Working...
                                X