Screamworks Auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Who knew a 5 year old thread would ever be brought back to life?

DA

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
      IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Who knew a 5 year old thread would ever be brought back to life?

DA
      I'm usually not in the habit of resurrecting old threads, but the subject of pickel designed haunts had come up a number of times, and I had never seen one. While doing a Google search, I ran across this thread, and was curious about actually seeing what one looked like. I had once seen a floor plan, and was not in the least bit impressed, but I was wondering how it played out in real life.

Ergo, curious about the pics.

I wonder whatever became of those haunts now that it's been five years on.

BM

Comment

BM,

No problem! But have you ever actually heard of a god haunt designed by Pickle? I haven't.

DA

Comment

BM,

No problem! But have you ever actually heard of a god haunt designed by Pickle? I haven't.

DA
          Well, sure . . . from leonard. After all, he's the expert and that's all he does.

Comment

From what I've heard Leonard's never run a successful haunt in all his 30 or so years, but he is always doing seminars to people wanting to get started in the biz. Sounds like the last guy to take advice from. I took in one of his "getting started in the industry" seminars a long time ago, some good info some not do good.

I think sometimes you just need to recognize the game has passed you by.

DA

Comment

From what I've heard Leonard's never run a successful haunt in all his 30 or so years, but he is always doing seminars to people wanting to get started in the biz. Sounds like the last guy to take advice from. I took in one of his "getting started in the industry" seminars a long time ago, some good info some not do good.

I think sometimes you just need to recognize the game has passed you by.

DA
              What was some of the good info and some of the not so good info?

Comment

I took that seminar more than a decade ago I can barely remember last week. His basic common sense stuff was helpful, but his formulas were based on his own theories. It was probably the exact same seminare he did at transworld.

DA

Comment

It will take twenty years to figure out what is common sense, what is intended to make some kind of sale and what has been completely ommitted and scripted to sound good. And so there is more than a decade of everyone's ideas right here on Hauntworld. You just use the search function at the top of the page and you have your own personal seminar.
                  sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Chrise View Post
                    It will take twenty years to figure out what is common sense, what is intended to make some kind of sale and what has been completely ommitted and scripted to sound good. And so there is more than a decade of everyone's ideas right here on Hauntworld. You just use the search function at the top of the page and you have your own personal seminar.
                    Word. Good call.

Comment

Working...
                    X