Screamworks Auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kevin,
    I can see what your saying but this is the complete opposite where I am from. I work for the City Of Chicago for 6 weeks at a day camp and am in the union, the benefits are outrageous then not being in one. I made almost 3 dollars an hour more then non union employees and am even given a paid personal day off and I only work for 6 weeks! I just have to say that unions in the long run are much better
    I bought all of the props for my Haunted Graveyard this year with the $600 in FREE AMAZON GIFTCARDS I got for searching Google with this site!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PrettyGood

Comment

Lynton,

I'm glad you cleared that up for everyone...good job. As to my comment about MSG, I was refering to your dealings with the before mentioned consultant. I was proud of the fact that I was able to come onto your team in MSG year two and help fix the problems created by the before mentioned.

I will say that I thought your event was pretty cool, I was talking with Ed a few weeks ago and saying... Remember that you guys had Chris Angel perform before he was known. Wow that was something.

I remember being there and scaring the hell out of Salt N Pepper, Knicks players and Bob Costas.

Fun, Fun!

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by Haunter3
        Kevin,
        I can see what your saying but this is the complete opposite where I am from. I work for the City Of Chicago for 6 weeks at a day camp and am in the union, the benefits are outrageous then not being in one. I made almost 3 dollars an hour more then non union employees and am even given a paid personal day off and I only work for 6 weeks! I just have to say that unions in the long run are much better
        For who you or the business, Unions do nothing but keep business from opening their doors or at least opening with the number of people they want open with. Prices are higher because of Unions, people say someone has to look out for the worker, ya you do. If you work hard it pays off, if you don't then no you will not get all the good things a job can offer.
        Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Kevin, those 3plus inches out of whack was the cat-run area. Just as the old homes in England have little openings in the thick walls for pussycats to come and go as they please in pursuit of Mr. Roe Dent.
          Now you know! hahahaha!
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Jim,
            I know all about the little holes in walls for the kitties! My grandfather had a barn when i was a kid and i asked whats the hole for?

He said the mouser! I replied Mouser? Just then a Mr Tuxedo look a like came walking out with dinner in his mouth!

Haunter 3,
            I hate to say this man as my profile dosen't show it,but i work in Chicago too.
            That 1.5 million dollar house i mentioned is in St.Charles!

One thing i didn't go into was years back i was working down in Plainfeld right after the tornado took almost the whole city. Lots of people homless and needed their homes back,a place to live.

My partner and i were working away when the Rat Patrol came through the door all 15 of them! Yelling obsenitity's and threatening us! I had a very scraggly guy get within inches of my face and was screaming at me!"You know your stealing food from my kids mouths"! He then picked up a 200$ saw of mine and threw it out the front door and told me to F@cking follow it!
            They then went to our van and threatened to bust out the windows if we didn't leave!

I called the cops and waited down the street for them to arrive and followed them around that subdivision until we found the Rat Patrol screaming at a hispanic guy doing some landscaping. We all pulled up and I pointed the guy out that thrashed my saw,he was arrested.

As the guy was still screaming at me at how my boss was screwing me over i yelled back even louder the facts.
            When we signed that contract to supply all the stair and rails for that subdivision we had a clause stating that we were non-union and the builder agreed to it, almost all the trades at the time of signing were non union. Four years into the contract the builder started changing from Non union to union workers.
            Lets just say this builder is a HUGE chicagoland builder as well as a congresman for Illinois, do you think the union may have had anything to do with them swaying them to become union? Probably!

We weren't about to give up our biggest account for the unions benefit, we finished the subdivision and have never built anything for them again, they now use carpenter built 2x12 stairs that are covered in carpet and squeek like hell!

My long time freind works for one of Illinois's largest carpenter contractors(I wont mention names, i can PM you if interested) And they don't give any benefits to them except a pension plan. So what i have a pension plan too!

Your dues, do you know where your dues go? Into building bigger fancier halls for the unemployed to hang out along with Rat patrol vehicles as well as a giant inflatable rat they blow up at subdivision entrances to scare people away... Im sure youv'e seen the giant rat,he's everywhere!

Sorry but the day the idiot threw my saw out the door, i was convinced i never wanted to be part of this! Lastly my kids ate steak that night!

Comment

You know the only one who calls Leonard the God Father is himself. And he manages to put this label on himself in every article, interview, and any other publicity he is able to muster up for himself. Im sorry but I've never really cared for the guy personaly. I went to a free seminar at Transworld and he came off as very arrogant and when I got the chance to ask him a question it was like I was being looked down on. Im not trying to compare him or his website or his magazine or anything else. Its just I feel that Im a good judge of character and to make a long story short I just think he is a bit full of himself to say the least. You know sometimes you can tell when a person is genuine and really there for the industry and I would have to say Leonard seems to be there for Leonard. And if he can pull the wool over anyones eyes into believing he is the Godfather of this industry he will! I think its all rather sad! Im no paid consultant but you know I've been doing haunts long enough to know who are the real trend setters and innovators moving the industry to a higher level. And Leonards not on the list. He doesnt even make it in the top ten. Even the first time I ever saw his Magazine and saw pictures of these haunts he built and had for sale I could tell the quality was no where close to what I had seen say in St. Louis or other big cities! Not to mention his picture is plastered usually front to back with his Disney Haunted house stories. And far as Hauntcon goes I dont really ever care to go cause he told me straight up he wont bring it to Missouri! Why I asked?! Because no haunt would open up for him in St. Louis or K.C. My words to him was whatever! But to no avail dont look for Hauntcon ever coming to my home state. But to be honest Im surprised this thing has gone as long as it has. Its sorry this guy cant let bigons be bigons ect ect. Oh and its too bad for these guys that lost everything with this poor haunt they were sold. It really is a disgrace to them and the industry!
              Thats my opinion on all this.
              Damon
              Damon Carson

Comment

I had a teacher in Jr. College who told me when he was teaching in Sterling, ill, where the steel mill used to be, he couldn't make a case for anyone to be non-union, when he began teaching in Freeport, ill, nobody there would believe that unions served any good purpose at all, (alot of very independantly minded farmers in class)
                The main "Union" seems to be the country of China now.
                You want to hear some horror stories concerning work and life?
                China has some , I begin to think of them when I see that label, "Made in China".
                Imagine living in a 20 by 20 "Dorm" room with 15 to 20 other people 6 days a week inside the factory to keep your job? Get sick? You're fired!
                NEXT!!!
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Is there a link anywhere to pictures of these places?
                  I'd like to see just how pre-packaged it all was.

Comment

You asked...

While I was at Screamworks I took these photos of the attractions. I had talked to them about putting an ad in the magazine, and or promoting the attractions for sale. I took these photos of the attraction. I think I have more but I'd have to look...

I added comments to each one, and yes in some cases I had to tell you what I thought of certain things because some of the stuff was so dangerous I couldn't believe anyone would suggest doing it.

But you asked... so I uploaded 19 photos.

http://www.hauntworld.com/gallery/th...s.php?album=71

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President
                    www.HalloweenProductions.com
                    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Kevin,
                      Your facts are wrong Im sorry to say.
                      You are just putting more money in the developers pockets, nothing wrong with that but unions are a good thing, have you ever seen what happens when a Wal-mart moves to town? You can say its all B.S. but the damage and evidence is evident. Lets use for the sake of an arguement a locally owned union IGA store, they pay around 10 bucks an hour plus benefits, walmart comes to town a year later IGA shuts down and these employees are left with a 6.50 an hour job plus no benefits, your kids wont be eating steak that night......
                      I bought all of the props for my Haunted Graveyard this year with the $600 in FREE AMAZON GIFTCARDS I got for searching Google with this site!

Comment

During the 1940's and 50's this small town was full of small viable businesses that supported their owners in a middle class fashion, making it possible to own your own house , own a nice car, support your family.
                        Then the bigger towns began seeing their chain stores moving out of the downtown ,building malls and sucking money away from smaller towns until most of the business people were forced to sell out and get jobs somewhere else.
                        Then Wal-Mart comes along and puts the malls out of business!
                        Maybe the UPS and Fedex man will eventually put Wal-mart out?
                        Probably not.
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

What goes up must come down

Comment

After taking a look at the pictures of the haunts for sale, their overall quality (and safety features, or should I say, lack thereof,) and taking in mind what they must have paid for them, to quote P.T. Barnum, "There's a sucker born every minute..."
                            "We all go a little mad sometimes..."

- Norman Bates

Comment

Photos of most haunts, taken by non-professional photogs never seem to look as good as they seem to be when they are in operation.
                              Maybe it's also an emotional thing? Actors, mood, lighting, the night all have to conspire to blow any real "life" into any pile of wood with paint on it...or maybe dim the lighting, zoom the video camera lense in and out rapidly..it's..it's..The House Of BEEF!
                              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Warren Vanderdark View Post
                                to quote P.T. Barnum, "There's a sucker born every minute..."
                                Interestingly enough, Barnum never said that. One of his competitors said that of him when asked about Barnum's success. Just thought I'd mention it.

Are those pics still available? I'm seriously curious about this, as I had heard something about this in the past.

Comment

Working...
                                X