Will trade my 1963 Cadillac flower car /hearse for gear/props

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will trade my 1963 Cadillac flower car /hearse for gear/props

Extremely rare 1963 Cadillac high boy Flower Car / Hearse Combo used in funeral processions to carry flowers and caskets. This is a 1963 Cadillac Flower car built by Superior Coachworks in Ohio. The car is one of 28 that Superior made in 1963 and probably only one of several surviving. It is in need of total restoration .The cars unique features include suicide doors, flat top rear visor fiberglass roof, hydraulic stainless drop panel on the rear deck and also the high profile rear bed/rear door to accommodate a casket as well. All of the stainless is intact and in near perfect condition. The rollers are also still in the rear bed. I bought this flower car October 31st from a gentleman in PA. I had it shipped back here to Chicago within 2 days. My mechanic has gone through it. Replaced all the brake lines ,shoes, rebuilt cylinders, turned the drums ,pulled the tank, flushed it pressure tested it, replaced the sending unit, replaced the fuel lines , rebuilt the carburetor , installed a new fuel pump , located a missing hubcap to complete the set of 4 and threw a better set of matching balanced radial tires on it. The engine is a very strong runner and the trans. shifts clean. For a 6500 pound car this vehicle is very peppy The floor boards on the rear bed and behind the seats are deteriorated as all of this vintage and commercial style are, one of the lower outrigger supports is deteriorated as well . I was aware of all of this when I purchased it and have a steel fabricator friend who also was to be involved replacing that support and the floor boards. the windshield has a crack in it but all other glass is intact. I started this project by making it mechanically sound so I could drive it and have fun with it while visiting the mechanic, body shop and interior shop. This car unbelievably still has all of both custom and stock trim including the skirts. 1 of the skirts is missing some of the ribbed aluminum but both are solid .The front bumper lowers are deteriorated. The front bumper eyebrow trim on both sides is broken. The rockers are pretty rusty but the rest of the sheet metal exterior panels are in good condition as you can see from the picts. Within the last week I found my 59 Cadillac dream project. I must sell this rare rough gem as I only have room for 1 project at a time .I am only looking to sell her for what I have into her .I have over $7000 invested at this time. Selling for $5500 or best offer . Also will trade for HH props ,animations,sets or support equiptment Dave Link cell 630 212 2278
    Attached Files

Trade for a spinning tunnel?

My wife said "no more hearses", but she didn't say anything about a coupe de fleur! :O)

How did you manage to get a '59? What model is the '59? I ended up having to sell my '59 Superior last year. :O(
    Spinning Tunnels www.spinningtunnel.com

Comment

As a hearse owner, Im just shooting out a WOW! Great offer!
      Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

I love those over-sized "Rancheros", or is it an "El Camino"?
        SLICK!
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Wow that looks very nice! Really been restored thats for sure!
          Damon
          Damon Carson

Comment

I just found a 1969 flowercar yesterday about 4 miles from my house..... stopping by the place tommorow and seeing what the story is....
            Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Working...
            X