Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sean
    replied
    could have sworn I posted a link to purchase lasers on here...

Leave a comment:

• rwrussom
    replied
    @ Kyle

the $50 was referring to the cost of a polygon scanner mirror and motor, not a ADJ laser effect.

Im all about DIY and either of these are easy projects to build. A laser vortex can be put together for less that $10 easy. The biggest trick is wiring up a power supply for the laser if you use a battery powered one.

Leave a comment:

• beardedbil
    replied
    I would be happy to help. Just let me know what your looking for and I can give you a quote.
    Best,
    Bill Rod.
    Dark Tech Effects

Leave a comment:

• Joe P
    replied
    great

Thanks for the info! I would rather have the quality, money is always an issue but dont want to cut corners. I had some documentaion on the laser vortex at home but the liquid sky effect is what I am after. We are doing a huge swamp scene.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• naberhoodhaunts
    replied
    That flat wall effect can be done with a galaxian sky green laser. just turn it on its side. great effect. They are a little pricey about 170.00 on ebay.

Leave a comment:

• screamforadream
    replied
    No he means the fog vortex, where a laser makes a circular wall around the patrons coming down a walkway filled with fog, blocking them from seeing outside the laser wall.

This is most affordable achieved by using the Eliminator Tarantula, it comes with a few dozen preset patterns a few of which work really well and it costs all of $60.

Leave a comment:

• hauntman666
    replied
    Talk to Bill at Dark Tech Effects he was able to get me some nice lasers this year for that effect. As far as $50 if you find them for that price buy them, but not sure where you will find them for that. The ones I used were the American DJ galaxian sky green laser. So I would check them out. I used two of them for an hotel swimming pool which was about 100 ft wide.

Leave a comment:

• rwrussom
    replied
    Flat wall trick?

If you mean the liquid sky effect, we achieve this through cheap pen lasers and a polygon scanner mirror. This is a multifaceted mirror that is attached to a motor and spins at a high rate spreading the beam in a plane. The motorized mirrors come from old laser printers and copiers. They can also be picked up surplus for about $50

Leave a comment:

• Joe P
    started a topic Lasers!!!

Lasers!!!

Anybody got a good recommedation on where to find flat lasers for the fog wall trick?
Working...
X