The Witch's Grave Yard in the Back Waters Alabama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I guess there are only two things you can truely count on in this life. Death and taxes. (narf narf)

I can't wait to hear your report the next time you and your friends cruise up to the Witches Grave Yard.

I am still in the process of planning that trip to the abandoned insane asylum in Peoria Ill, but I'm debating whether I should go this weekend or some time in September so I can take the bike, or should I wait until October when it's the Halloween season.

Mike

Comment

i'll def post our experiences on our next trip

and halloween is always a great time to make trips like that one.. i wish there was something like that around here
      Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
      Dearest; an apple russet- brown
      I pared, and thrice above my crown
      Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
      I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
      Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

Comment

I don't know how much longer that abandoned asylum is actualy going to be there. From what I heard, it's slated to be torn down next Spring or Summer. It just baffles me, how they can take an historical building like that, and tear it down to make way, for (I think a Wal-Marf). I know jobs are needed, but there's all kinds of land where that store can be placed. I think the Insane Asylum should be restored and tu rned into a haunted attraction.

Mike

Comment

i agree.. things like that should never be torn down. its crazy how incorporated this country has come within just the last 20 years.. its discusting

Comment

I have a feeling it's going to get worse before it gets any better, and I agree. It is quite disgusting the way everything and everyone has to make way for THE CORPORATION.

Mike

Comment

America is slowly selling itself away and losing its heritages and culture

Comment

That's one of the reason why I love Halloween so much and prefer older buildings and houses to these 'ticky-tacky' newer ones. My house was build in 1910, just two years before the Titanic was launched. People who lived in my house talked about the Woodro Wilson administration, and all the major events of the 20th century as they happened.

When I visit my younger sister or my older brother in New Lenox, there's no history or romance in their houses at all. In fact, as much as they love those houses, I find them to be fake and insincere.

Mike

Comment

i understand what ya mean.. i live beside the Scott mansion and across from Tyler Manor which both of those houses have TONS of history.. the scott mansion actually has a juicy lovers quarrel murder story to it

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin_Man
                    I have a feeling it's going to get worse before it gets any better, and I agree. It is quite disgusting the way everything and everyone has to make way for THE CORPORATION.

Mike
                    Ever see the movie 'Demolition Man'? With Stallone and Snipes? Taco Bell is gonna end up owning everything. Now that's scary!

Comment

I don't even like Taco Bell. I love good quality Mexican Quisene, but Tach Ball is glorified fast food.

Mike

Comment

i have to disagree about taco bell... i love that cheesy gordita crunch lol but their grade 4 meet (which is one grade above dog food) does leave room for questioning.... ah whatever... i'll dig in

Comment

To each his own, Adrien. I don't really hate Taco Bell, it's just not one of my favorite eating places. I've been to some really fabulous Mexican Restaurants, so Taco Bell just doesn't look all that good tome. I did like some of those cinimon snacks they use to have a few years back.

Mike

Comment

Before I moved here I thought Taco Bell was Mexican food. Once you sit down in a restaurant in Tijuana, even a shabby one, and try their food you learn better. Just don't drink the water. That includes the ice. Well... you could have them boil the ice before they put it in your soda?

Comment

La Hacienda Del Sol in Chicago is among the finest Mexican restaurants I've ever eaten at. There's also an L.A. Mex in Pontiac Illinois which is pretty decent, but not quite as elligant at La Hacienda. On the River Walk in San Antonio, Texas, there is, or there use to be a scrumptious Mexican restaurant where the portions were huge, but the prices were cheap. I was there in 1974, so I don't know if it's still there or not. Taco Bell does serve 'Mexican' food. Supposedly But most of the franchise owners are not even Mexican. The girl who manages and owns the franchise in my old neighborhood wouldn't know Carne Asada Suisa if it jumped off the plate and bit her on the nose.

Mike

Comment

oh if we have to choose then definitely authentic mexican i'm a sucker for chicken and cheese quesadillas with japs and steak fajitas

Comment

Working...
                                X