What to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do?

We run a 3-D haunt in Salem MA. We have been there for about 4 years now. We have been the only 3-D haunt in the city since we have opened. We have recently received word that one of the other haunts in the city, who is litterally a 2 minute walk from us, has started advertising that they are adding 3-D. No problem there. The problem is they are advertising that they are Salem's ONLY 3-D Haunt. If they want to add 3-D that is fine with me, but they have no business saying they are the only 3-D haunt in Salem. Anyone else ever run into a situation like this, what is the best way to go about dealing with it? Any suggestions will be appreciated!
    Thanks
    The secret of life is to appreciate the pleasure of being terribly, terribly deceived.

Just wanted to bump this up. I have my opinion but I don't think it's the best so I wanted others to comment.

Comment

I would call them and speak civilly with the owner, be reasonable as many materials may already have been printed for this year. That statement removed from his materials next season is the most likely outcome. (keep in mind it may switch to "the best 3-D Haunt in town) If he is not civil, then do two things.
      1. Have a lawyer send him a cease and desist and possibly sue for loss of revenue.
      2. contact the IAHA and the HHA . If he is a member, then they certainly have codes of conduct.
      best of luck and let us know how it goes,
      Allen H
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

hmmmm... counter advertise?
        www.kellymanor.com - - - - - - - - www.myspace.com/kellymanor

Comment

Maybe?

Some of the wording was the idea of the person printing up the ads? Now if counter-ads have to be made , the person doing the ads might be the one to profit from selling more ad material to both concerns?
          I know, this is a very small-town way of thinking, in this small town the local druggist would send a handfull of comic/insult Valentines to a few prominet people, who would inturn arrive at his store to buy handfulls more to mail to all of the usual suspects, trying to hit the "target" with a scattergun effect/shot.
          The druggist sold alot of those Valentines.
          Unforunately many will believe whatever message is financed out there the longest and loudest . Maybe you will have to say yours is now 4-D! (OR 5, 6,7?)
          3-D? How passe is that? hahahah!.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
          X