No announcement yet.

Raycliff Manor Facade - Phase 2!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, I'm moving in! People who went last year will not even think it's the same place.
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

SITI, I sometimes feel like I have moved in! LOL

Here are a couple of additional update pix. We still have some painting to finish up on the facade, but we're getting close to putting a great big done stamp on it!

Kel
      Last edited by Raycliff Manor; 08-24-2009, 12:18 PM.
      sigpic
      Kelly Allen
      Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
      www.RaycliffManor.com
      www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
      www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Nice

I like it. I have to make a trip down to see your place. I was at Greg's place a couple weeks ago. All I have to say was I was very pleased and amazed by what he has and to know its all under tents Wow blew my mind, with the crazy weather we have around here. By the way what size is your building? If you don't mind me asking.

Andrew

Comment

Absolute scary perfection Kel!!

Your customers are gong to be blown away when they walk up to this facade. I'm so inspired to keep pushing our designs by seeing other haunters stepping up the level of quality. This type of sharing information is what increases all our ticket sales as our target market turns to haunted houses for entertainment

Awesome job to your crew!
          Tony Wohlgemuth,
          Comes up with the fun stuff!
          Kersey Valley, Inc.
          www.KerseyValley.com

Comment

Really cool. Huge difference between old and new. or should I say old and old .. Any way.. Great Job!

Peter T
            FS
            Fables Studios
            Your Home For Horror

www.FablesStudios.com
            https://www.facebook.com/FablesStudios

Comment

Really really cool! The size of it is just breathtaking! I wish I could have a facade this big that I can leave up all year round so people can be in aww. I really like the angled roof on it. Also The position of the door in the center. A real inspiring piece you made!!

-Frank Balzer
              FrankWillisBalzer@yahoo.com
              Frank W. Balzer
              FrankWillisBalzer@yahoo.com
              http://frankwillisbalzer.viewbook.com/
              --------------------------------------------------
              www.RotHauntedHouse.com
              www.R-Fx.com

sigpic

Comment

Thats SWEET Bro! It sure looks like your making a copy of grandpas old house. Was that the plan? You should have just torn down grandpas and moved it there. Lol Grandma wouldnt mind. Looks GREAT Kel. Tell Mom I said Hi.
                Greg
                Fearfest
                Greg Allen
                scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
                www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Not a big fan of the baby blue, and think it should be distressed and aged heavy, but overall I really like the facade a lot! Its a first class job!

Thanks for sharing.

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President
                  www.HalloweenProductions.com
                  www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                  www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                  www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

"Spooked Victorian"

Is what I called my house's paint job, using bright colors up-top with a grey base color turning gradually to flat black on the lowest edges to possibly affect a "Floating" look to it.
                    I did not plant all the vines circling the place but they sure add alot to the feel of it all
                    See: hauntedravensgrin.com.

It can be challenging building a haunt in a smal town. I could not buy any red paint here today, they didn't even have a space or tag for such a thing on the shelf!
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Also I would try shreading up and aging REAL curtains and put those into the winows. Try to move the windown trim out some so the curtains can blow around behind it... it will look pretty cool!

You've done a first class job here but now the key is how you light it, distress it, and paint it. I'm sure you are going to put some speakers or sound near the facade as well. Really looks awesome. How big is the building behind it?

Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President
                      www.HalloweenProductions.com
                      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! I really appreciate it! We do still plan to distress the facade, using techniques taught to us by Kip Polley, and I love the suggestion of adding the curtains! We'll probably remove the black panels that are currently in the windows and add the curtains inside between the glass and the wall panels. We keep the plywood installed inside the windows to help prevent vandalism, and of course people getting a sneek peek of what's inside. Unfortunately we just had some items stolen, including some lumber, but the local Sherrif is a friend of one of our Actors, the Assistant Fire Chief, and they are keeping a good eye on and even patrolling our property for us now. Fortunately, we have an inside security system that prevents anyone from entering. We do still have to re-install the lights for the light show that are programmed with music (provided by Evilusions - thanks Gadget!) and then we are going to have to put a done stamp on it for this year.

We're working our tails off on the new attraction and we have Gadget of Evilusions and Kip of Pale Night Productions coming in early next month to add their special effects, automations and scenic touches! I have just made offers and added new members to the Fright Team this week and I still have a few more to add. My last round of interviews are taking place this Friday.

Friday night we are making a publicity appearance at the movie theatre for the premier of Halloween II and we have a "Publicity Appearance Workshop taking place on Saturday night for the Fright Team. We're having a local morning show TV personality come in and talk to us about etiquette, questions to anticipate, what to do when you don't know or can't remember the answer to a question on live TV or radio, etc. I think this will be very beneficial for us all!

From this weekend forward we have a workshop every Saturday, including a Makeup Workshop, Actor Training Workshop, Orientation and Safety Training workshop, Dress Rehearsal, etc.

Coupons have just begun to be distributed at McDonald's, Domino's Pizza, Flying Burrito's and a number of other locations! Halloween Express stores in our area should begin distribution soon as well.

We've locked in our radio advertising and we're working on our publicity appearances right now. We've sent out our first press release inviting the members of the area press and media to a special show reserved for just them.

We've got members of the team working on a float for the upcoming Maple Leaf Festival parade and they're about to go from design concept to construction.

I could go on and on, but there's just not enough time! LOL

As you can see, the ball is really rolling now and I just want to tell all you haunt owners out there... I FEEL YOUR PAIN! Just remember two things:

1. There'll be time for sleep when we're dead!
                        2. Remember to enjoy the journey and the ride!

Thanks to everyone (endless list could be inserted here) who has offered kind words of support and encouragement, assistance and most of all for your...

haunt brother and sister love!

Kel

PS. Greg, you're right, it does look like Grandpa's house! LOL I'll tell Mom her prodigal son says hi.
                        Last edited by Raycliff Manor; 08-26-2009, 12:01 PM.
                        sigpic
                        Kelly Allen
                        Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
                        www.RaycliffManor.com
                        www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
                        www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Working...
                        X