Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone ready for this??? Wages goes up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spookhaven View Post
    Tyler is thinking on the same lines I would. 600 and under you don't have to 1099 them so it's easier all the way around.
    Precisely. Even if the contract haunter makes over 600$ they can likely deduct or depreciate tools of the trade to the point that they owe no federal taxes. It's been a long time since I've dealt with state income tax so I don't know how the states side would impact.

If the contractor invested in any new costume item purchased for a given project they could deduct 100% of the cost, and the item would remain in their inventory of tools.

Comment

If you look around you will find a lot of people are asking that same question Pumpkngirl.

First off, why don't you start a thread asking that question instead of asking on this thread that isn't really anything to do with your question.

Second, the best advice anyone could give is to do a lot of research, and NO YOUR LIMITS. start small, don't set your standards too high, know when you set your standards you are capable of reaching that goal. It would be better to outdo what you plan on doing than to not quite reach your plan.

If your starting this year, better hurry and start working.
      INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkingrl View Post
        Hi, I'm new here. I was wondering if any of you guys could give me some advice on starting a Haunted House... I want to get started soon, but just don't know were to start??:
        You'll have to pay us minimum wage to tell you LOL
        Tom
        Creator of the Dungeon
        WWW.BRICKTOWNAMUSEMENT.COM

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
          You'll have to pay us minimum wage to tell you LOL
          Sorry, but this is the topic at hand on this post.
          Tom
          Creator of the Dungeon

Comment

Actually no I'm not going to this year, I have planned for 2010. I have done some researching, I was mostly curious about is, do you need to have a license to have a haunted house? Just curious, I'm trying not to sound stupid but I hear lots of things from other people and just want to make sure.. thank you I do appreciate your help.. my name is Lynette

Comment

hAHA tom, I love it
              INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

Actually no I'm not going to this year, I have planned for 2010. I have done some researching, I was mostly curious about is, do you need to have a license to have a haunted house? Just curious, I'm trying not to sound stupid but I hear lots of things from other people and just want to make sure.. thank you I do appreciate your help.. my name is Lynette
                Lynette,
                I'm doing this for free
                I would suggest starting a new with your question. The topic/post you are on is way off and you won't get much help (because of the topic at hand).
                Start a new post with your question (which is a very good question) and you'll get a huge response.
                Tom
                Creator of the Dungeon

Comment

redirect

Lynette, I've reposted your questions on a new subject on Fright Forum (thread). It will get a lot more hits and answers. Hope this helps and good luck.
                  Tom
                  Creator of the Dungeon

Comment

Spookywoods ...

You could NOT BE MORE WRONG on this issue...

Democrates like raising the wage because they try to appeal to low end workers and minorities. Republicans who are a whole lot smarter than those democrates are opposed to raising wages.

Lets USE SOME COMMON SENSE HERE...

If your pay your workers $5.00 per hour then over night you have to pay them $8.00 per hour what do you do as a business man? You must raise your prices. Duh we all know that... so how did anyone benefit?

Lets keep going... if Taco Bell is paying all their workers right now lets say 6.50 per hour now they must pay 7.50 per hour this will impact their business so they will raise the price. Who eats at Taco Bell the same damn people who make minimum wage for the most part.... mostly teenagers.

Lets keep going... if all the GAME STORES are paying XYZ and now they have to pay a dollar or two dollars more when you add that up over the year that is thousands and thousands of dollars... they will just raise the cost of the game to pay for it... who buys the game the guy making minimum wage so he does not benefit.

Lets keep going... lets talk homes, cars, whatever UNIONS want more money so they get it the GM"s of the world raise prices, people don't buy because they'll go with the Japan car because its cheaper who have cheaper labor. Who gets hurt the same UNION workers who are not all laid off.

Home prices... people would buy for $120,000.00 two years ago and sell today for $180,000 and someone would pay it, then when the whole market crashes the home goes back to what its really worth and the guy who bought the home is out tens of thousands.

One last one... a guy like yourself can no longer afford to make masks because people will only pay so much you can't find cheap labor so you send all the molds to China and have them made there. Now all the guys who actually had a job making SOMETHING are now unemployed and then I'm paying for them to live not you, me the tax payer.

Unemployment is at 10% in this country somehow you think raising wages is going to entice RICH people to start new manufactoring, or invest in new business... are you nuts?

The fact is cost of living needs to come down, down, down, ... AMERICANS are spoiled they always want more money which is fine but when you get more people raise what they charge so you really don't get a head. Think about it use common sense here...

BRING COST OF LIVING DOWN then you can afford to manufactor more things in USA... raise workers rates and you ship jobs overseas.

Its just that simple...

With my haunted house this year, I will hire 20% less people to pay for it that I can promise you!

My biggest cost is LABOR now its bigger! Not only will labor cost me more money it will now also cost me more to buy a nail at Home Depot everyone loses, no one gains not even the people you are talking about who you would presume it would help. It doesn't it just puts them out of work.

Get ready un-employment should climb now to 12 or 13%.

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President
                    www.HalloweenProductions.com
                    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                      Spookywoods ...

You could NOT BE MORE WRONG on this issue...

Democrates like raising the wage because they try to appeal to low end workers and minorities. Republicans who are a whole lot smarter than those democrates are opposed to raising wages.
                      Larry
                      Larry, hate to say this but......
                      The minimum wage was set by our past President. A replublican... We knew this a year and a half ago. it's not a surprise.
                      I'm not a a huge politic guy here (cuz I hate either side) but it was in acted while your guy Bush was in charge.
                      Tom
                      Creator of the Dungeon

Comment

Reverse (almost) everything you just said Larry and you will see the reality.
                        The cost of living has already gone up

Red pill or the Blue pill?

Prices on everything has already gone up, yeah, haunted attraction ticket prices as well We add "speed passes", "combos" and "VIP" tickets, all at a seriously inflated price.

This way that way, up down, left right... Doesn't matter how you spin it.

I agree with both sides. I disagree with both sides. I'm for it and against it. No one wins but the worker bees because the prices of goods and services have already gone up... But... We have been paying inflated prices for a long time already (including under paid Americans). It's nothing but a PONG match that will continue until the end of days (2012?). *you guys remember ATARI Pong, right?*
                        j/k

""Republicans who are a whole lot smarter""
                        I don't get involved with that garbage. Call 'W' and complain about his wage hike. I think he's taking calls now.

Twin Locusts
                        Cali and NC, both just about equal time. Plus a few years in FL and brief stays in SC... Been around..
                        Last edited by SpookywoodsFX.com; 07-10-2009, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Wrong again... if you don't recall its the Democrates who have controlled the house and senate for the last 3 years and they voted it in not "W".

Republican voted against it!

WE NEED TO GIVE THE DEMOCRATES THE BOOT... they are bad for small business and big business. Everyone always wants to stick it to the man but its all those rich people that keep the rest of the nation with jobs.

Now they want to tax the rich to pay for health care... well that is just more money that will leave the investment circle to go along with all the jobs this rate increase will cause.

VOTE OUT DEMOCRATES...

Larry
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President
                          www.HalloweenProductions.com
                          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Larry, Is Democrates some new twisted philosopher like Socretes or Descartes?

Spooky. Thanks for the reply.

I'd like to re-animate Adam Smith at times like these because the deeper point of raising a "minimum wage" has absolutely nothing to do with contemporary economic conditions or partisan politics. It has to do with basic free market principals. What is a given buyer willing to pay for a given item of value - what is a seller willing to take for a given unit of value. Market value for one hour of services from an electrician isn't same as an hour from an architect. Artificially raising the cost of the electrician's hour because he wants a home on the beach someday only artificially inflates end prices to the consumer.

If you believe raising the min wage helps people it's because you've been lied to for a very long time by lilly white Patrician educators and politicians? These people benefit from creating an 'Us vs. Them' attitude among business owners and workers.

The fact is that artificially placing value on any traded commoditiy in the market spurs inflation. Bumping the min wage pushes wages and salaries above it up as well creating a chain reaction of fractionally higher wages throughout the chain. As businesses do, they pass along this new 'cost of doing business' to the consumer. This process isn't simple and can't be shown happening live on youtube, but it happens.

What neighbors and leaders should do for Americans is instill the value of Deferred Gratification [education] so that their skill set commands more than a minimum wage. Then and only then will any person or any group of people break out of an economic caste. For far too long a trend has developed in this country, teaching people they are victims, and that someone else is to blame for their life situation. It's a cruel lie that truly oppresses people. I won't bore you with examples though I have plenty. Anyone can better their position in this country through investment in themselves, not through an edict demanding I pay them more for filling a spot on a line.

The really sad part is suggesting that min wage helps pay taxes, these people don't pay taxes. The deduction made from payroll comes back in the form of a refund or tax credit, direct payments from the government.
                            Last edited by Twin Locusts; 07-11-2009, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Republicans are smarter than Democrats? That's the most ridiculous thing I've read in years. Didn't know there was an I.Q. test to determine which party you can belong to and vote for. I'm assuming Bush's Charity "C" average in college was obtained because he befriended too many dems and the stupid rubbed off on him!

Seriously,
                              I do agree this is never a good thing to have the minimum wage go up from a haunts perspective. Taco Bell sees a lot more business then we do and can absorb the increase by increasing prices in a more subtle way but when a haunt goes from $15 to $20 or more the public takes notice and many will not come. Larry's right we are spoiled ifthe cost of living was less it would change everything!

Also, the increase was in 29 states not all of them right?

Darkangel

Comment

Look People

Whats the big deal yeah the minium wage went up. But hell even more taxes will come out now! Its not about helping increase wages its about getting more tax money! Shane and its either way were screwed! Shane this time.
                                Last edited by graystone; 07-11-2009, 07:47 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X