Keeping Up With All....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love

To see you younger guys into the 80's! I can't tell you what a great time to have been living in the 80's it will never ever be another time like that was! Shane and it's loving it! Shane
    sigpic

Comment

• We have to keep digging deeper and deeper to find ones that haven't been posted yet. It's getting tough but there are still tons more.

www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

• Originally posted by graystone View Post
        To see you younger guys into the 80's! I can't tell you what a great time to have been living in the 80's it will never ever be another time like that was! Shane and it's loving it! Shane
        Shane, there are probably those that will suggest every generation looks back through rose colored glasses, but I personally think you're right.

There was still a range of edgy or hard fringe in music and culture but it was generally a very positive period. Even though it was the waning era of the cold war and every magazine cover had images of the Red Threat of thermonuclear war there was still a positive vibe, almost a romantic vision of the Soviet Union.

I'm not sure what changed so radically but there is a vibe that existed then that I don't find in America. It may be harder to find after 40 but I really see a sea change in the spirit, attitude, and culture of the country.

On top of the shift that started in the 90's, 9/11 seemed to drive the wedge flush into the heart of the country. To deny there's trauma at the individual level among thinking Americans is living in denial. It pushed an already changing culture further down the path we're on now.

Having said all that I'm an optimist - culturally, economically, even spiritually, this too shall pass and there will be 'glory days' of some iteration again. One only need read about the deep details of The Great Depression to know that we can take a hard hit and stand right back up.

Sorry for the unsolicited novel, I just know exactly what you're referring to when you wax about the decade of the 80's.

Comment

• Pack heat and let the bitches bring it.

Comment

• There was an amazing new wave sound in the 80's, here's one of many classics.

Comment

• Another good one...

Comment

• Pink Cars?

Here ya go guys! Shane and it's I wonder what you do there in the back of your pink cadillac? Shane

sigpic

Comment

• Can't let this thing slip too far down, lol!

www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

• BOC, solid.

Comment

• not a classic, yet.

Okay, it's not a classic but one of my favorites, both the vid and the song.
                      This guy is mondo talented and a great guy as well. Watch the whole thing you'll enjoy.

Comment

• Good Ones!!!!!!

I remember this from 1986 could not find a video but love this song! Have any of you guys ever heard this one? James Brown is good on Living in America but in this song you can hear the soul! Shane and it's listen to it! I played this song a lot on graduation night! Shane and it's what ya think! Shane

sigpic

Comment

• Eric, Twin

What about this one. Made me think she leased my bus last year for a few gigs! Kim still looks the same and is living in Nashville AWSOME UNIQUE VOICE! Shane and it's enjoy! Shane

sigpic

Comment

• Good one Shane I forgot all about that one.

Have these guys been posted yet?

www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

• Thought 'Cruel Summer' was, but I'm too lazy to search. Either way...

Comment

• Yeah, it's way too long at this point. We need someone to go through and list all the songs posted, lol!

How about this one, lol!

www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Working...
                                X