Ultimate Fear Haunted House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twin Locusts View Post
    nice design. Did the designer deliver .jpeg files only or were there, vector files as well, like .ai?
    I guess just jpeg. I dont know what the other one is your asking about.

Can you explain what that is?
    Brad Bowen
    Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
    www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

a few things in the works, here is a first attempt at a rock...still unfinished

more progress made

Comment

Our artist at work

Comment

Brad,

I just noticed your thread some how I been over looking it! I am impressed man! Its really looking good. Keep us posted. Shane and its rock on man! Shane this time!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brad View Post
            I guess just jpeg. I dont know what the other one is your asking about.

Can you explain what that is?
            The .jpg is a pixel image, depending on the resolution you have a number of dots that make a very fine hard edged image or if it's low res you get a bit of a grainy or obvious raster edge image.

A vector file, like a cad file, or an Adobe Illustrator file, is made up of mathmatical formulas. The key difference is that when you enlarge a vector file, for a video graphic for example, it looks exactly the same really large and really small. When enlarging a raster file, a .jpg, you will eventually lose sharpness and eventually be litterally looking at dots.

I was just curious if you wanted to do any motion graphics with the image. If you're going to do posters or print for the image, the media maker will want at least a really large .jpg like 300 dpi. Most web graphics are 72 dpi. So if you plan on sending it to print or incorporating it into a magazine or billboard you'll need a 300 dpi image or a vector file of the image.

Comment

Thanks for the photo update Zachary! Looking very good!
              That stone looks very realistic! How'd you make it??

And the haunt looks great! Coming right along!

Keep up the great work!
              Zach Wiechmann
              www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Brad and Zach, its really cool to see the updated pics since visiting there 2 weeks ago. It helps to know what your plans are for the scenes and watch them come together. Lookin good! Thanks again for the tour and dinner!
                Greg
                Fearfest
                Greg Allen
                scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
                www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Wow! You continue to make amazing progress! Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress and for posting pictures. It looks like you are doing a great job!

BarbieHaunt
                  Friends Sold Separately
                  (You Too Can Be Sold -
                  Just Join Our Friends List!
                  Obviously Kidding About Being Sold)

Actually, as explained previously in a thread we started, the silly name BarbieHaunt has absolutely nothing to do with Barbie dolls but was our private joke name because before the haunt's pink and blue styrofoam walls are hard coated and painted, it reminds us of a Barbie Dream Haunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Front Yard Fright View Post
                    Hopefully it will look a lot better whenever it is finished in a few days. Although we are being very open about this build, we can not show you ALL of our secrets

Now all I have to do is order 160 more sheets of osb, and get it all painted It is all braced up and secured, construction is 80% finished!

Comment

• Originally posted by Front Yard Fright View Post
                      Thanks for the photo update Zachary! Looking very good!

And the haunt looks great! Coming right along!

Keep up the great work!
                      I think my buddy Zach is being a little too secretive.

It was made out of a paper mache mixture, and it required several coats to achieve this effect.

I think the total cost to make this stone was under $70, but I could be wrong on that.
                      Brad Bowen
                      www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

• And thanks for the commments everybody!!

It keeps us going and wanting to push to make it even better than originally planned!!!

I hope this photo set is helping soome people that want to build their own someday.
                        Brad Bowen
                        www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

• Pictures

Brad,
                          Seeing your pictures is helping me tremendously! Keep the pictures coming, and tell your crew great job!
                          Dewayne Anglin

Director of Operations
                          Sleepy Hollow Productions, LLC/ Folklore Haunted House
                          www.folklorehauntedhouse.com

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by zachary View Post
                            Hopefully it will look a lot better whenever it is finished in a few days. Although we are being very open about this build, we can not show you ALL of our secrets

Now all I have to do is order 160 more sheets of osb, and get it all painted It is all braced up and secured, construction is 80% finished!
                            It's a lot easier to paint everything when the wood is laying flat on the ground than when it's standing up vertically. Just something to think about.

Comment

• Quick with a sprayer too! -Tyler
                              Chris Riehl
                              Sales@spookyfinder.com
                              (586)209-6935
                              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

• Originally posted by shawnc View Post
                                It's a lot easier to paint everything when the wood is laying flat on the ground than when it's standing up vertically. Just something to think about.
                                We already unfortunately noticed that!

Comment

Working...
                                X