No announcement yet.

Rob Zombie's Halloween 2 (2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woah...the new stuff is *better* than the originals...
    No way!
    The new movies coming out (well, remakes, since Hollywood ran out of ideas) while I find them decent or worth a watch in no way outdo the originals.
    The originals have that atmosphere and build...and a lot of them show you can be scary without gory.
    Now I love the gore and effects in the new ones...but c'mon...the originals are classic!
    But this new "Let's explain that Michael Myers was trailer park white trash that got picked on as a kid and he went nuts and killed..." Ummm, yeah, that's scary...not! It was scarier when you were like Omigosh! What is up with this guy? Is he the boogeyman or what? Why?
    It's called imagination which a lot of the newer generation in movies is lacking...oh lets take the original, change it, and add 50 buckets of blood...yep...done...
    Halloween - remake was decent but you cannot ever match the feel of the original!
    Amityville Horror - this pretty much sucked compared to the original.
    Friday 13th - decent remake that made Jason somewhat scary again (but not like the originals-disregarding the latter ones)
    The Omen - Didn't see this remake yet (don't have any drive to)
    Texas Chainsaws - this was the best remake I think as far as being frightening...but the originals still bug me more than this.
    And I'm only 32, so I 'get' this generation...I grew up with these and the new stuff. You have to respect and appreciate the originals...without them...there'd be no remake crap for the 'new generation'.
    lol

Kirk
    Last edited by Darkblood; 05-03-2009, 07:54 AM.
    Kirk Boemmel
    Dark Ghost Manor
    www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

Dark,Kirk

Amen! Shane and thats all that needs to be said! Shane this time!
      sigpic

Comment

I know many die hard movie fans that are your age and a few years older that would agree the original horror movies are better then these remakes. Plus, I'm not to conisder myself to be old. I'm only 9 years older then you.

Comment

There isn't a "battle" here and no one is going to win because my thoughts on it all won't ever change!

'Nuff said. -Tyler
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

different times different scares just ask any old folks the exorcist was the scariest film ever made. I don't think its scary but every new scary movie has something they took from these old movies. how many times are we going to see a girl with long black hair with jerky movement .... just like animal house almost all the old folks clam this was soooo funny back in the day I saw it and didn't think it was all that funny but at the time it was movies like those that stepped out and did something different. just using those as examples but if you ask any younger person to watch the newer era movies and then watch the old ones they will almost say every time " you guys thought those were scary ?" well yeah it was a different time and the first of its kind now every movie has a silent killer with a knife or whatever so the kids are so used to these tactics by now

but I do love the old halloween movies eps number 6 " mommy its raining red " I love it

and yeah I will go see the new halloween but I do feel like the whole white trash gig is getting old faaassst

just my 43 cents
            Last edited by Mike Honcho; 05-03-2009, 09:33 AM.
            HHA Member

Comment

Tyler, way to rally people against ya bro.

Ha, it is your opinion and i am not going to try to change it, but all these people made great arguments as to why we support the classics.

Honestly I liked to consider the old Michael Myers kind of the classiest of all killers. He could freak you out, and get under your skin. WITHOUT the excess of gore that you see in horror movies these days. I mean the original halloween freaked people out mainly because it didnt make sense! It made them leave the theater wondering why he did it, could anyone just snap like that? It scared people, every movie rob zombie seems to touch automatically has the white trash. Anyone else noticing this?

Comment

Well, I think Halloween 2 looks incredible based on the trailer. But many things can be done to a trailer to make a crappy movie look like the best thing since sliced bread. I wouldn't want to see them just recreate number 2. It would be pointless to see it since I can just pop the original movie into my DVD player. As far as classics go, not all the Halloween movies were that great with the exception of the original. There are many reasons why the original can't be topped.

1-The cinematography: In the original You were made to feel as if you were looking through the eye holes of Michael Myers with the camera angles that were used and it created a sense that you were on a journey with the killer. You rode along in the car as Michael Myers stocked Laurie, you saw what Michael saw as He hid behind a tree or stabbed his victim against the wall. When He killed you killed in a sick way. In the new Halloween the camera angles are so slick that it comes off as not being realistic where as in the original it felt as if you were looking through the eyes of a killer.

2-The Colors that were used.
                In the original Halloween some great colors were used such as deep blues, purples and orange that are associated with the holiday Halloween. This isn't the case with the remake. It's all just too perfect in the way it looks. The original Halloween was a piece art in the way all the colors blended together.

3-The intro: The intro of the original Halloween will never be matched by another horror movie. It's just that plain and simple. The combination of the dramatic music and incredible views of the jack o lantern created a feeling that you were being stalked and that something truly frightening was waiting for you after the opening credits ended.

4-The music:
                No horror movie today can match the music that was used for the original Halloween. It was suspenseful, creepy and downright genius in the way it made people feel.

5-No back story on Michael Myers.
                There was no reason to have a back story for Michael since we already knew he was a psycho path since He escaped from a mental institution because He murdered his sister. It didn't make too much sense to have Michael Myers family as hillbillies because everyone knows He's just plain evil. There is no need for an explanation. It ruins the mystique of the character. Michael killed because He could and because He was the epitomeof evil that never died.

6-The characters. Most of the characters in the original Halloween you could relate to and felt real instead of being created by a screen play.

7-Michael Himself. Like I said earlier, Michael was pure evil and there was no need to explain why. He was supernatural in the way he appeared from the shadows and would never die. In the new Halloween Michael just appears to have super strength and it doesn't make too much sense on how he became that strong. There were a lot of holes in the character of Michael Myers where too many things weren't explained.

8-Death scenes were somewhat believable. While the death scenes in the original lacked blood they were plausible. Someone could be strangled or stabbed in real life where most of the deaths in the newer Halloween movies are extremely far fetched.

There aren't many horror movies today that can match classics such as Halloween and it's just a shame. The last horror movie that really impressed me was The Descent.
                Spooky Wishes
                Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

lol
                  I'm just glad this is a 'good clean fun' debate and nobody is taking things personal and hating on one another...different strokes for different folks!
                  Regardless, Tyler, you're still my haunt brother!

Kirk and it's Classics are still the best Kirk this time!
                  (Wait did I just rip someone off? See, it's like a remake of a Shane thread...only not as good as the original...lol)
                  Kirk Boemmel
                  Dark Ghost Manor
                  www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

Rob Zombies Halloween isn't even 1/10th as good as the original no way because the charactor development isn't good. You didn't really feel sorry for anyone being killed you don't even know them plus all the trailer park trash stuff which seems to haunt all of his movies.

Halloween is a top 10 period!

However I did like the movie overall I thought some of the things he did was cool, I liked seeing him grow up in an asylum that was cool. I did like all the back story stuff that was okay not great but not bad either. I though the new Myers was way more brutal and that was cool.

The mask was way better ten times scarier so I liked the movie overall.

I think the new one will be worth a view based on the last one.

Lets be honest what was better Rob Zombies remake of Halloween or that pile of crap remake of Friday the 13th? Enough said! So I'll go with Halloween this August!

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President
                    www.HalloweenProductions.com
                    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Yikes! Not a good start for the RNs, huh?

One of Michael Myers' Victims from H2: http://shocktilyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=10384

See a pic of MM and read the story on this link: http://weareatomik.com/?p=1389
                      Chris Riehl
                      Sales@spookyfinder.com
                      (586)209-6935
                      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

My thoughts are where are the Freddie, Jason and MM types of movies now?

You have the usual Saw/Hostel types and of course your japenese horror that are being brought to the states( The Ring) but where are todays new character classics that will be duplicated 30 years from now?

Can't writers write anything with some new characters and storylines, i know i would be thrilled as hell if i saw a trailer for a movie with some new kick ass creature/slasher/whatever?

My favorite horror flick of somewhat new was Silent Hill because of the creatures and the storyline, i know it was based off a videogame but dam that had awesome creatures, the darkness/air raid sirens creeped the shit out of you, and the effects were cool.

They need to make more flicks like that, something with a story and monsters.

Not just super distressed walls and blood and gore, thats so old already and never required sequels.

Comment

I think the movie still looks sweet and definately will be going to see it anything that zombie has done i like
                          Kyle Guillette
                          Dysfunctional Concepts-Haunted Alaskan Motel

Comment

Just saw the pic that HauntChris linked, this guy doesn't even look like Myers. He basically looks like an outdoorsman gone mad, and showing part of his face ruins the mystique behind the character. Loomis always referred to Michaels eyes revealing his evil giving him more mystery now its obvious its some guy where you can see half his face.

I'm not big on remakes, but now I'm hoping Carpenter or someone else will come back and remake zombies movies back into what Myers was intended to be, a faceless, expressionless, killer....

Darkangel

Comment

I think Zombie

thinks hes making the Texas Chainsaw.... That looks more like Leather face then Michael Myers! I think he should use that face and put it on his wife that way we want have to hear all the filth come from her mouth! Shane and its John Carpenter where are you? Shane this time!
                              sigpic

Comment

Preach on Shane preach on I agree 100%!
                                It also annoys me that people who are fans of Zombie's music feel that they HAVE to like his films as well, I've noticed that too.

Comment

Working...
                                X