No announcement yet.

Lawsuit... Read this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd agree with that... I mean, Universal can argue that haunts across the country have used these same movie characters in their haunts! Now, as long as these haunts didn't market the characters as being in the haunt, there wouldn't be any problem.

I mean, if New Line Cinema had costumes/masks/etc. made for the characters, did they NOT expect for haunts to use them? I don't think so... now, it could be that in the future these items start coming with warnings and disclaimers like... "NOT FOR HAUNT/ATTRACTION USE"

I really don't think ICC has a case here, their idea was NOT original... nor creative!

I think, case closed and goes to Universal! -Tyler
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Based on what i know about this lawsuit they do not have a case. If that group of people went to Universal and proposed something very vague such as the idea to use three of the most popular horror movie characters in an upcoming Halloween Horror Nights event then they shouldn't win anything.
      On the other hand, if the group of people proposed original content, such as actual blue prints and original character ideas and then later on Universal used them without permission, then they should win.
      Just my thoughts
      -Meyer Point Manor

Comment

Working...
      X