No announcement yet.

What types of props???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like anything by Distortions, Unit 70, Death studios, Gore Galore and Scarefactory.
    In this day and age you BETTER have some animations and animatronics as well. Actors and black walls just dont cut it! Haunted House patrons are now very sophisticated when it comes to being scared. You need to give them as much eye candy and detail as you can. Otherwise, you probably wont find that customer returning.

Comment

Animatronics..

I do agree with Kevin, I like seeing actor driven props and it doesn't always mean those props are puppets but even environmental props that an actor can interact with to produce a scare or trigger and illusion to happen. Animatronics are always cool to see but some are hit and miss. If I am going to buy an animatronic prop then I always look for one that I know will find it's way into my show for the next few years. I like items that all go together cohesively and won't look out of place. We run a haunted manor style attraction so illusions, CGI effects and great attention to detail will always win us over.

J.
      http://grimlockmanor.com/

Comment

For animatronics specifically, I like animatronics that do things actors can't do.

Examples:
        1) Huge animatrons. Actors can be 9' to 10' with some of the cool costumes out there. Animatronics can be 17' pumpkin kings, or 25' T-Rexes.

2) Physically impossible animatrons. I like skeletons. Actors can do zombies. But they can't do skeletons where you can actually see between the bones to the other side.

Animatrons are also good for "boring scares" where the actor might get sick of doing the same thing over and over, or tight spaces where actors would be really uncomfortable, but I think these kind of animatrons aren't all that memorable in the end.
        sigpic

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

Comment

It really depends on what company is making the animatronics. I love animatronics, but time and time again I've gone through a haunt where the air compressors being used are so loud that they overpower the audio being used for the animation. Another one of my gripes is that there are many haunts that have incredible animatronics, but they aren't lit very well or they shouldn't be in that scene to begin with.

Why would you have a Frankenstein prop in a military scene and why would you invest thousands of dollars on a prop to place it just anywhere? Scare Parts used to offer a Silencer and another company needs to come out with one to help with loud air compressors. They are very distracting and ruin the effect that a company is trying to achieve. The most impressive animatronics are ones that jump out and scare you or are out of the ordinary instead of frantically moving as fast as possible.
          Spooky Wishes
          Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Volunteering at a Jaycee haunted house, we rely mostly on hand made props and detialed scenes for our scares. I believe this works out much better in terms of both overall mood and scaring people rather then using an animatronic which also cost a lot more. Of course though, nothing beats an energetic and enthusiastic actor
            I bought all of the props for my Haunted Graveyard this year with the $600 in FREE AMAZON GIFTCARDS I got for searching Google with this site!
            http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PrettyGood

Comment

What about illusions?

What are the thoughts about illusions? Does anyone prefer a good illusion over an animated prop, static prop or costume? More and more I am seeing CGI and computer effects used in various attractions. What types of visual illusions do you like or would you like to see? I still think there is so much still yet to be explored in this area. Would an over the top visual effect make you think twice from buying a really detailed static or animated prop?

J.
              http://grimlockmanor.com/

Comment

Its like a good stew!!

I am working on a living art gallery for people to view as they wait in line (Just some eye candy, all CGI). I also have been working on a dead fish tank (bone fish swimming around in a huge tank ,CGI as well). I think it has its places.

I like the costumes that make a person look like a prop but I also like the props that people will not want to walk by cause it freaks them out so much.

I think each has their own spot. It’s like a good stew. You will need all the ingredients to make it the best. Who wants just a broth stew (someone might if sick?) But I don’t think all one thing really makes for a good stew (or show in our cases). I like this topic, its nice to hear what others are thinking. Keep it up!!

Peter
                www.myspace.com/fablestudiosllc
                Fables Studios
                Last edited by FablesStudios; 04-16-2009, 09:34 AM.
                Fables Studios
                Your Home For Horror

www.FablesStudios.com
                https://www.facebook.com/FablesStudios

Comment

Working...
                X