What Food Is St Louis Known For?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribs, people, ribs!

Where are the ribs (that are close to the conv center)?

Show Me's, maybe?
    Sarah Meier
    Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
    "Words they remember you by"

Comment

The Big Bang

I looked it up and they're only open at night. For myself, I doubt I'll end up going there, but if y'all are interested, here's a link:

www.thebigbangbar.com

Cheers!
      Sarah Meier

Comment

Go to Jakes Steaks they have some awesome ribs! And they have jalepeno corn bread muffins and you can even get a salad with a spicy southwestern ranch. Thats if you like the spice in life and your food!
        Damon
        Damon Carson

Comment

Maps

When y'all give recommendations or ideas, can y'all post a map link with it? I'll start doing that, too.
          Sarah Meier

Comment

Originally posted by brad View Post
            HA!!!! I found it!

http://www.pointersdelivery.com/inde...d=13&Itemid=26

It's only $50 to try, and you get $500 back if you finish it.

Anybody think they would wanna try this? PM me.
            That sounds real tempting, It's only 5lb of Pizza each ;-)
            Gary
            Midnight Evil Productions
            www.MidnightEvil.com
            Owner/Operator of www.CoffinCreek.com/
            www.Twitter.com/CoffinCreek

Comment

Gary and Brad

I'm up for going with y'all to the place, if you want to do the contest. But I would be no use as a teammate.

We gotta find someplace to eat, though, because the hotel is going to have only expensive food.
              Sarah Meier

Comment

Jake's Steaks

Damon, I looked up Jake's Steaks, and they got some pretty bad reviews, LOL. It was on Trip Advisor that I saw the reviews.

Any other suggestions?

Originally posted by damon carson View Post
                Go to Jakes Steaks they have some awesome ribs! And they have jalepeno corn bread muffins and you can even get a salad with a spicy southwestern ranch. Thats if you like the spice in life and your food!
                Damon
                Sarah Meier

Comment

Haunted Copy Im not saying that Jakes Steaks is the best in town. Im telling you about the ribs I ate there probably 5 to 6 yrs ago. They may have changed hands in that time I dont know. I just know they had some nice ribs at the time. Seriously do you listen to reviews when you go to a movie? Most of the ones they hate are the really good ones.
                  Damon
                  Damon Carson

Comment

Originally posted by damon carson View Post
                    Haunted Copy Im not saying that Jakes Steaks is the best in town. Im telling you about the ribs I ate there probably 5 to 6 yrs ago. They may have changed hands in that time I dont know. I just know they had some nice ribs at the time. Seriously do you listen to reviews when you go to a movie? Most of the ones they hate are the really good ones.
                    Damon

I usually make a point to go to a movie if the critics hate it. But those are the "professional" critics. They have to justify their jobs somehow, LOL!

The reviews I read were from (presumably) regular people, and they all had similar complaints.

It's like Red Lobster and The Olive Garden. Both of those chains have gone down the tubes, at least in South Texas. They used to be reliable, but now I expect the meal and/or service to suck. I still go now and then to see if things have changed.

But I really do appreciate the suggestion, Damon - thank you very much.
                    Sarah Meier

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightEvil View Post
                      That sounds real tempting, It's only 5lb of Pizza each ;-)
                      Yeah man, thats not too bad! LOL.

I know they say you gotta make a reservation for it, so if you think wanna try it, we can figure out what day.

I probly dont have a chance at it, but it's the experience of it that I like. What better way to enjoy TW than to stuff yourself!
                      Brad Bowen
                      Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                      www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Originally posted by Haunting Copy View Post
                        I'm up for going with y'all to the place, if you want to do the contest. But I would be no use as a teammate.

We gotta find someplace to eat, though, because the hotel is going to have only expensive food.
                        Sarah, you could be our cheerleader!

That would be cool. I've heard they have really good pizza, so you could always get one while we're there. Eat yours and then cheer us on!

What you think about that?
                        Brad Bowen
                        Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                        www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

I'm game. I love pizza! And to watch y'all stuff your faces, that's just the . . . cherry on top???

Plus, if I don't get any other suggestions for a ribs place, I'll try out Jake's. I'll make Damon go with me!

Sarah, you could be our cheerleader!

That would be cool. I've heard they have really good pizza, so you could always get one while we're there. Eat yours and then cheer us on!

What you think about that?
                          Sarah Meier

Comment

Omg

I just got salsa up my nose.

It burns.
                            Sarah Meier

Comment

HA!!!! I found it!

http://www.pointersdelivery.com/inde...d=13&Itemid=26

It's only $50 to try, and you get $500 back if you finish it.

Anybody think they would wanna try this? PM me.
                              I, dear sir, could accomplish this. If anyone else is game let me know, I'll make the reservations if 2 people are in (we need a sub just in case)
                              Also we need people in the off chance we fail (which will not happen) so $50 of pizza doesn't go to waste.
                              Seriously though- If i know ahead of time I can demolish 6-7 pounds of pizza no problem-o. We need someone to keep time though to make sure I stay on pace.

Also since some people are posting sightseeing items, there is always the cathedral basilica which is about 3 miles away from the american center. I plan on checking it out.
                              Join The Collective

Comment

Originally posted by Don_OfThe_Dead View Post
                                I, dear sir, could accomplish this. If anyone else is game let me know, I'll make the reservations if 2 people are in (we need a sub just in case)
                                Also we need people in the off chance we fail (which will not happen) so $50 of pizza doesn't go to waste.
                                Seriously though- If i know ahead of time I can demolish 6-7 pounds of pizza no problem-o. We need someone to keep time though to make sure I stay on pace.
                                <loads camera>
                                Sarah Meier

Comment

Working...
                                X