No announcement yet.

Godfather Interview...Check this out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another random thought... I have decided to start calling myself the Great-Grandfather--

No....

The Emperor of Haunting.

In the future please preceed all comments to me with "Your Majesty" or "Your Holyness".

Thanks in advance.

Chris
    Emperor of China
    "To be matter-of-fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy - and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Two things...

First Dirk,

As for the 'Godfather' crack, yes you're correct the Vampire guy is the one who said it, however that guy didn't know Leonard from adam. If he did he wouldn't have ever asked Leonard about Transworld, rather just Hauntcon. Prior to the Interview clearly Leonard tells the guy who he is, what he does, and that his magazine is refered to as the bible of the industry and that he's known as the Godfather.

Otherwise how do you think that goofball knows any of that stuff? LOL So Clearly Leonard didn't say it but he told the guy thats who he is so technically he did say it. Leonard as we all know is not any Godfather, and his magazine is clearly nothing close to a bible. What I love about this guy is that whenever he goes for a description of something he does its the all the way to the MOON...Haunted Attractions Magazine and the Bible wow the most read book ever and HAM. LOL

Ken,

No matter what I said or anyone said I think you'd always try to disagree but thats okay. So I'm going to take a stab here and disagree with you.

Transworld IS NOT a Retail Show...let me say that again one time for you NOT a retail show. Wait a minute NOT a retail show...did I say it enough?

I've been going to this show now for 13 or 14 years now and from day one I said non-retail items at this show. Transworld has always and probably will always sell booths to whomever wanted one. Yes its MOSTLY retail but hardly all retail. I wouldn't call Scarefactory retail, or Distortions Retail, even 10 years ago when Distortions had the alligator, electric chair, and VP had multi motion talking animations, or Boneyard had multi motion talking animations, to people who sold haunted houses like Leonard Pickel I would harldy call that a retail show.

In New York City they have a Halloween ONLY retail show and Walmart shows up, Target shows up, have you ever seen Walmart at Transworld? No because first off its NOT retail only, and second they already put their orders in at the retail only show.

But this is all beside the point...fact is if TW was a quote unquote retail show as PICKEL puts in then tell me why did he once say he has to have a booth at TW because there is where he renews most of his subscriptions every year?

If Hauntcon was a haunters only show you'd think every haunter on earth would go, as would ever vendor but they do not do they? As for TW allowing or not allowing every tom dick and harry into their show, they shouldn't to be honest with you. Its a show for professional business people, not a party for everyone to come to and grab brochures. People are trying to do business not entertain you.

What Transworld really is a business to business show.

Another GLARING difference is sure Hauntcon will let anyone in...and they also charge you a fee at the door $35.00 per person. I'm sure if drunks from every corner of the city came to the door with $35.00 he'd let them in. Transworld is a show for professional business owners be it Halloween retail or haunted house owners, amusement park operators, or whatever.

Arguing with you over these issues is a mute point...

Leoanards comments are wrong period! You know what he said was untrue, and that most professional haunt owners do not attend Hauntcon and most vendors and I mean MOST vendors don't exhibit...they exhibit at Transworld your RETAIL SHOW. LOL.

Facts are this Vampire guy asked about Transworld and Leonard basically lied...you call call TW a retail show if you want but atleast tell the truth that Haunted House do call TW home as do all the vendors.

Would you go and make another post and say to me that this industry doesn't call TW home both vendor and buyer? If someone was to get into the business should they go to Hauntcon or TW. Sure you can say both, but if they really was getting started which show is the must attend?

Enough said.

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Hmm

Gee Larry bottom line......who really cares!

The rip in the industry gets larger every time you open your mouth about him.

Let it go.

I am not going to argue...you think you know me....you don't
        Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

Ken,

Have a great Holiday Ken. I hope down the road I can say something else that will give you a reason to gripe! You love it baby! LOL

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

Larry, Quit tapdancing around, just say it, get it off your chest, Leonard IS the Anti-Christ!!!
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

That and ten cents gets you a cup of coffee....
              The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

is it Folger's.
                sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Okay, I have to jump in here. I can’t let you guys get away with referring to Count Gore DeVol as that “vampire guy” and “goof ball”. Have you no respect? He is like…..the godfather of horror hosting in the DC/Baltimore area.
                  As a young ghoul obsessed boy I loved watching the Count and his Creature Feature show. That guy has been putting on that make-up and doing that shtick for over 30 years. He helped make me the man I am today.
                  So, say what you will about any one else, but don’t go disrespecting the Count.

I will now remove my tongue from cheek, but in all honesty I thought he was very cool when I was a kid. It's great that he is still doing his thing.
                  sigpic
                  Louis Brown
                  Owner, operator, and dish washer
                  at
                  DarkWood Manor

Comment

Where was this interview supposed to air? on the Count's show between movie breaks?
                    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

I'm not sure his show is on tv any more. It maybe on public access in the DC area. I think he has turned his attentions mainly to his web show, and doing conventions.
                      http://www.countgore.com/
                      sigpic
                      Louis Brown
                      at
                      DarkWood Manor

Comment

Mr. Tuxedo saw him at the Geneava Convention weighing pieces of illegal shrapnel.
                        Shrapnel with Mexican jumping beans inside of it to make even more hideous wounds for days later as the metal wiggles around inside the victim's body.
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Lurker,

Well I only meant it in jest, however it was pretty corny that he messed up then did a retake without cutting out the bad take...that was goofy! LOL

I does look pretty goofy though wouldn't you agree...he's a goofy Bela Lugosi! LOL

Larry
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

The counts website has so many rooms I guess it would show in the "vault" if it isn't on the cutting room floor or with discs these days I guess there is some kind of catipult involved?

If it does get seen, I doubt it would lead many horror fans to go to Michigan for HauntCon that already didn't know about it and have a specific interest? But, it looks like the Count does still have something going on in the maryland market.

My horror host became a travel agency, that's no fun. If he's still alive?
                            sigpic

Comment

I was just being facetious It was an attempt to redirect the discussion elsewhere with a little levity.
                              He is goofy, but I guess that is what horror host are suppose to be. I'm thinking about having him out to our haunt next year. I think he would be a bit of nostalgia for my age bracket.
                              sigpic
                              Louis Brown
                              at
                              DarkWood Manor

Comment

Yes! Scary! Most of the 14 yr. old girls going through the haunt would find him very scary, creepy, simply because he is older than 18!
                                Ever think when you were much younger, "How do people ever get SO OLD?, I mean , that guy must be at least 40!
                                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                                X