No announcement yet.

Are Clowns Old Hat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say go for it Emp! We've had clowns in our haunt 3 years in a row now and they have been a huge hit every year! We got the prosthetics from http://www.screamteam.com/ for our clowns this year and they took on a life of their own! The press and media love these characters. They are the same prosthetics used by Heckles and Twitch www.madclowns.com Of course, we used different makeup and costuming as we didn't want to copy/steal their character identities. :wink: They are a great inspiration for freaky clowns though! :twisted:

Kel
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Is it pretty easy to work with the Scream Team stuff? The pics of characters look great, but it is relatively easy to create characters that realistic?

Thanks,

Comment

Check out the pics on our website www.eurekascreams.com and on our Myspace page www.myspace.com/eurekascreams We didn't get our clowns to look as outstanding as Heckles ans Twitch, but the prosthetics sure brought the makeup up to all new levels as far as appearance and believability go. :wink:

Kel
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I don't think evil clowns have lost their appeal.
          If album sales and current trends in haunt music
          are any indicator I'd say they're still in style.

"Klown" is one of my top selling CDs and with
          Midnight Syndicate talking of releasing a
          carnival disc I can't imagine evil clowns
          going away anytime real soon.
          Virgil: Master Of The Ethermuse

Comment

My two cents;

Speaking as someone who can get seriously freaked out over clowns (and dolls...oh how I hate dolls!!!), they can be very effective as a scare or theme. But it is easy to do do a clown room or haunt wrong.

Take the new pro haunt that opened in our town this year. They had a whole clown 3-d haunt that was unfortunately not very good at all. When you have people in street clothes with a clown mask on trying to scare you with a "Raar!", it really doesn't work. Even my mom was bored, and she gets worked up over everything! The sets looked nice and it was a good layout, but nothing original and the actors sucked. I see so many haunts do this, it's like they think "well we have clowns, everybody is scared of clowns, thats all we need, let's call it a night."

I have seen a lot of circus themed haunts and there was maybe one that was at least memorable. Adding a story line that is not too involved would help a lot, I think. Rather then just starting them into a florescent/neon world, why are they there, what is the back story, things like that. Then adding a twist to it so it's not like all the other clown haunts out there and you should have a great year. But knowing you and your level of passion for this industry you will knock it out of the park!
            Heartstoppers
            Haunted House

Sacramento, CA

www.scaredyou.com

www.fb.com/heartstoppers
            www.twitter.com/heartstoppershh

Comment

Empress take alook at our new KLOWNE,
              Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

OOPs a KLOWNE that cool had to be posted TWICE!

Comment

Originally posted by ClusterOne
                    Adding a story line that is not too involved would help a lot, I think.
                    Joel,

You hit the nail on the head when you wrote this. I TOTALLY agree! In fact, this is what I've been telling the crew. Some of them are trying to warm up to the idea of clowns while others are trying to give me a complicated storyline. I've always had a habit of getting too deep with my storylines when really, it's too much for hauntgoers to retain. Many don't care anyway since they are freaked out at the beginning and just want to get the tour over with . What they need and especially for a theme like clowns is a simple, straight to the point storyline. And I think I've found one.....

In 2007 The Scream Extreme will be transformed into:

THE HA HA INSTITUTE FOR THE COMEDICALLY INSANE.

We're the ONLY asylum where clowns from all over the country and all walks of life are committed to when declared mentally incompetent. We're also the only institute who has discovered a "special treatment" to cure Coulrophobics.
                    Why are hauntgoers there? To see the doc in hopes of curing their clown issues.

Since there really are those who suffer from Coulrophobia, we'll of course, have to put a disclaimer on all ads we're not medical professionals and this is for entertainment purposes only, but I think the whole concept will work. I already have a few scenes worked up in my head. How sick is that? It's not even Christmas. Maybe I need the treatment.....

Comment

Originally posted by bodybagging
                      bodybagging,

that's just nasty! :twisted: I love it!

Comment

So.."Comedically Insane" would be people who think they are funny but they aren't?
                        Delusional.
                        We all have at least a touch of that from time to time. The clowns you have to really worry about are the ones who have had their make up replaced by tatoos of make up, they be serious clowns!
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield
                          The clowns you have to really worry about are the ones who have had their make up replaced by tatoos of make up, they be serious clowns!
                          You just gave me an idea...THANKS!

Comment

This is ALL about Ideas. Good, bad, goofy, sinister, popular, unpopular, common, and not-so-common.
                            Wait a minute, were "Ideas" what lost mankind access to the Garden of Eden? No, maybe it was more "curiosity"?
                            And that came from an idea, I betcha!
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Has anyone used rolls of Mylar to mirror your walls?

Comment

Originally posted by virgil
                                I don't think evil clowns have lost their appeal.
                                If album sales and current trends in haunt music
                                are any indicator I'd say they're still in style.

"Klown" is one of my top selling CDs and with
                                Midnight Syndicate talking of releasing a
                                carnival disc I can't imagine evil clowns
                                going away anytime real soon.
                                Sweetie,

I took a listen to the samples of Klown and whether clowns have lost their appeal or not...Klown is just plan darn good music...PERIOD! So, I bought it. LOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X