Buzzed or drunk at The darkness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buzzed or drunk at The darkness

Hey Larry will you allow drunk or buzzed people at your darkness tour. My buddy Jared was thinking about taking a few shots of Jack Daniels before we head out.
    ~Bill Mlinac
    The Deadland Haunted House
    www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
    www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Ha ha ha

If he doesn't......I don't think that many people will be there!!!!

Let me tell you this LARRY and GREG for personal experiance
    Hold onto your hats......we as a group are worse than your normal customers!!!!!
    We cause bottlenecks!
    We gauwk at everything in sight!
    We drink way too much before we go!

Every year while we were open during TW, we had at least one stupid issue!
    Drinking in the house while going through
    Smoking a pipe ... the non tobacco kind
    Fighting
    Drunk
    Hitting actors

People please please please please......think before you do something.
    This is a small industry. You don't want to be known as ........ that guy or those people
    Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

I can not understand how anyone that has worked or owns a haunt could expect to be able to break the same rules we expect our customers to follow. If a visitor from a convention hits an actor, that person should be tied up in the tradeshow area and let everyone throw a stone at em.
      www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Bill

Originally posted by Motograter View Post
        Hey Larry will you allow drunk or buzzed people at your darkness tour. My buddy Jared was thinking about taking a few shots of Jack Daniels before we head out.
        Does it really matter when it comes down to it, doesn't his wife pretty much guide him around wherever he goes?

Comment

Amen Ken!

Many Haunters are the best guests you can have, they really understand the hard work.

Some however do all of those things you mentioned because I don't think they realize the rules apply to them.

ALSO Haunters do weird things like stand too close to animations, take pictures when they are asked not to, wander into back areas and act strange to the actors.

Sometimes they stand stock still in a room and stare at everything, and sometimes go backwards in the path.

They do stuff NO ONE in an entire season will do.

I have the deepest respect to haunts who open for us...

Thank you and good luck!
          Ben Armstrong
          NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
          www.Fearworld.com
          www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

One thing I think I and many haunters are guilty of is not responding to the actors. I know I am not one that screams or carries on like a 14 year old girl. I think we have seen way too much to get scared. So maybe be a good idea to just warn your crew that the majority of visitors will resond with smiles or an inquisitive look and an occasional "GREAT JOB" and dont get frustrated when we do.
            Last year at hauntcon I went to a haunt in Houston I think it was Phobia haunt. I went through the 1st time and the actor ina room did his normal schitck. Then, after I left, I ran into some friends who invited me to go through with them. This time, when I went through the actor had water in his moth and sprayed it in our faces!! I REALLY think this actor was grasping at straws trying to figure out something that we would respond to cause he fugured out plan A was not working....
            www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

I was not serious about my first post. It's an inside joke.
              ~Bill Mlinac
              The Deadland Haunted House
              www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
              www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

omg

simma down now simma down hahah
                ________
                Ford Fordor picture
                Last edited by DollFacexHorror; 02-02-2011, 05:52 PM.
                www.thedeadland.com

House Of 1000 Corpses (Baby)
                "These are all my dolls. I used to like to chop their heads off and their arms and stick 'em up on the wall."

House on Haunted Hill 1959
                Frederick Loren: Mr. Pritchard here promises us genuine ghosts.
                Watson Pritchard: 7 now. Maybe more before morning.

Comment

Add special things for that night

Some things to scare only when they walk backwards .
                  Hire a private detective to get you photos of the person's dead close relatives then create make up to duplicate them, then of course the "relative" actor calls them by name, feebally of course since they are supposed to be dead. Lots of FUN!
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Well

Ben is 100% correct

Let's just put it this way...........2 years ago

I found 2 people....male and female.....walking our access areas.
                    I walked up (no costume on mind you) and asked what they were doing.
                    The male....saw a light go on near one of our exits and tried to rip the door down.
                    The female.....decided to jump in my face and start swinging.

Now......some of you may know me.....I am a not a small guy
                    Do you know how hard it is not to smash someone like the hulk when you can?

After that everything kind of got blurry....hazy...whatever....
                    I do know the guy ended up with his arms cuffed behind him....with cuffs and zip ties
                    The chick was still screaming while the cops walked her out

And guess what? yep they worked at a pretty big haunted house
                    NO I WILL NOT SAY WHICH ONE

As far as the acting thing Dirk....after many years we have become used to not getting the reaction. One thing......you do get seasoned haunters every now and then if your designs are right.....you will catch them off guard.

I don't get scared.....I offer my crew an extra 20 for the night if they get me.
                    It has happened once....damn kid came out of nowhere....perfect
                    I ripped the 20 in 1/4s though and threw it at him.....but it was perfect

Comment

Originally posted by Motograter View Post
                      Why me? I don't recall this conversation.
                      Jared Layman

Comment

XD Tsk, tsk. Jared, your mind's just slipping away these days.

Don't worry. I've supposedly had conversations and I never even remember being near the person at the supposed time of the chatting. :/
                        ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
                        Campbellsville, KY

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Spriggs View Post
                          Ben is 100% correct

I don't get scared.....I offer my crew an extra 20 for the night if they get me.
                          It has happened once....damn kid came out of nowhere....perfect
                          I ripped the 20 in 1/4s though and threw it at him.....but it was perfect
                          20 Dollars to scare Ken Spriggs !!!!!

Oh i can scare Ken !!

:: Digs through bag of costumes for pink miniskirt...Undies No won't be needing those today!::

Comment

HA

Kev?
                            That won't scare me.....I will be running when I see you....but it is not worthy.
                            I run because you remind me of someone in my past!!! lol

Comment

Working...
                            X