No announcement yet.

Houston Halloween Expo Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larry most of the people I talked to you agreed there are too many shows and were pretty sure Transworld would be forced to put the two shows back together. Especially if Vegas failed miserably. As it was the Houston show had 315+ vendors while Vegas so far has less than 150(including the party and paper section...NOT GOOD) and St Louis which only has 65 vendors listed last time I looked. Transworld better hit the phones and convince some more vendors to show. As far as how well they did today is the last day of the Houston show so in a week or so I will call around and see.
    Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

Houston and Vegas plus the shows they already have in New York in December there are way too many. The only way you are going to be able to put the Houston and Vegas show back together is if somehow Transworld and Rubies can mend the fence.

There is a lot of fence mending that nees to take place to make that happen I suppose... I think if Houston/Vegas can merge back together that would help the haunt show because more retail vendors could afford a second show for Haunts.

There are TOO MANY SHOWS... what you have is way to much greed, or power struggle stuff going on in the retail side.

I heard Transworld is workng with Chicago again so they could bring them back there in January next year... and try to squash the show. I think its really the only way to make it happen just put them head to head and make people pick the one they trust the most. That will settle it!

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I will let the TW people know in Vegas that there is No way we will go to the frozen wastes in January. They need to open their eyes.

Comment

Just a couple pics I took from the show.
          Attached Files

Comment

Lets see some more pics of the show with the girls... LOL

Anyway the show looks DEAD!

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

I have plenty of girly pics.

I should have added that those two upper level pics of the show were before opening sunday morning---that's why it looks dead, doors didn't open till 8:30. There were plenty of people there by noon and they were all on the halloween vendors side---the party vendors side was dead.

Comment

Was those top pics while it was going on or before or after. The girl at the bottom looks pretty lively to me. If ya know what I mean. Nuk Nuk Nuk!
                Damon

P.S You must have just replied before I asked if it was a before or after pic of the showroom floor.
                thanks
                Damon Carson

Comment

I agree a tradeshow in Rosemont in the middle of the winter is not my idea of a fun time either. I would not be in favor if myself other than the fact I don't like Rosemont even a little but its just soooo cold there.

I don't know when they are planning but I know they are planning to go back to Rosemont. If I was them I would stay in Vegas to me that is the perfect place for a retail Halloween show because it just gives people all the extra reasons to go.

Haunts with big heavy stuff located mostly on the east coast not so much... but retail sure why not. All of their stuff comes in from China anyway... just across the pond! LOL

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

Pig boots?

WHo made those pig boots? They caught my attention right away!
                    Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Katie View Post
                      WHo made those pig boots? They caught my attention right away!
                      Those were in the Morris Booth

Comment

Pig boots are Bump in the Night. You can't see it but on the back side all of the nipples are pierced.

Comment

Pig boots with peirced nipples?? That is freaking sweet!.... I love them......
                          Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

This just in... I talked to some major RETAILERS who attended the Houston show and it seems the overwhelming opinion is this show was not successful. Turns out now that this show was not as successful as promised everyone is now going to end up going to Vegas.

I doubt that Rubies still goes but who knows. At this point I would say another big production (Houston Show) is very iffy at best. They must NOT have spent nearly enough money on advertisement because this show is looking like a bust.

Is it the economy? Not enough advertisement? Too eary in the year...maybe buyers don't want a show this early after all. Who knows!

Looks like VEGAS here those retailers come after all... what really remains to be seen is did HALF the people go to one and the other half will go to the other and the two shows just hurt each other? Will Vegas show get half of their attendance, did the buyers who showed up in Houston do most of their buying there... don't know yet. Will find out in about 6 weeks when we get a report on Vegas.

Maybe Vegas does the same in attendance as Houston, or maybe everyone goes now. Who knows but this I know for SURE... HALLOWEEN RETAIL DOES NOT NEED TWO SHOWS!

Tradeshows cost way to much money and there is just NO need to get greedy so hopefully Houston thing will just fall flat on its face and won't come back next year. I know the Vegas show isn't sold out more than likey due to the Houston thing.

We'll see how it all plays out! One last thing as well... when will all these retail vendors realize just how important Haunts are to this industry? When? Ever?

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

I have to admit that I placed few orders in Houston and told the Vendors going to Vegas I would order there. My partners are going to Vegas so I would have more input.

Comment

I thought Vegas Transworld already passed. Holy tolito maybe I can get into that one. Its only a two hour drive.
                                Then I can get the pierced nippled pig pumps. What you guys think can I get in there bein a newbie an all?
                                Its A Verbal Orgy on Steroids!

Comment

Working...
                                X