Dick Van Dyke and Tom Savini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to agree with Paul

In CFX has a better quality longer lasting mask. Wes is a great guy who always returns your call within a matter of minutes. If theres a problem hes on the phone helping you correct it!!!!! My luck has not been as good with SPFX. I am not saying there a bad company just saying they are TWO TOTALLY DIFFERENT COMPANIES! Shane and its Graystone Manor Shane this time.
    sigpic

Comment

That wasnt Tom Savinni that was someone wearing a SPFX Mask that looked like him.
      Damon
      Damon Carson

Comment

Ive dealt with Rusty acouple of times and he seems like a cool guy although i cant find his number anywhere....and I need to talk to him
        Last edited by Tater; 01-07-2009, 07:45 PM.
        Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Slain - a little constructive criticism for you.

First of all - Slain is it? Do you need glasses or do you think we need glasses? Why the unnecessarily large bolded font? Seems a little excessive.

Second of all you need to learn some board etiquette. You don't hijack someone's post that is promoting one of their products by slamming it and then proceed to promote someone else’s product. That is just wrong, not to mention rude in my opinion. If you want to promote CFX silicone masks, then why don't you start a new thread to tout how wonderful they are and your experiences with them?

If someone other than SPFX started a thread asking peoples opinion about which company has great silicone masks, then that is entirely different and your posts would have been appropriate.

Understand the difference?
          Steve Martini
          Screamline Studios
          www.screamlinestudios.com
          steve@screamlinestudios.com

Comment

you know steve....i had that thought posted but in harsher terms but deleted it.....so i agree with you...i think its a total bullshit move and who cares im sure Tom owes alot of people money
            Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

So Slain, which CFX masks do you have in person? I hesitate to use them the masks so expensive for use in the haunt. Even your main actors cannot appreciate the expense of these masks. It seems awful risky to let anyone other than the buyer wear them.

Larry, which styles did you choose?

Darkangel

Comment

Re: The masks -

We make custom silicone masks, and we purchase from both CFX and SPFX and I like them both!

You got to give Rusty of SPFX credit - He pioneered this, he proved we would buy a $500 mask and he took the first steps. As the first out there was a learning curve, no doubt, and some of the early masks had tear issues.

Now as far as I know they are both equally strong and tear resistant with the mesh built in ...that is my understanding.

That said they are both great companies! Rusty continues to innovate with the bladder effects and is now focusing on absolute realism including a blinding array of custom styling and hair options.

CFX has been innovating with the silicone foam inserts for weight reduction, masks for female actors and a huge output of cool monster style masks.

Really they have a very different product line, and they seem to be getting further apart in style with every design. It’s like saying Unit 70 or Distortions - They both have powerful products for different applications.

I plan in the future to use both vendors AND create our own designs depending on our needs.

I would encourage folks to buy from both - Vendors like this need our $$$ and input to flourish and to help creating new product that make us all look good, in MHO.

Thanks!
                Ben Armstrong
                NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
                www.Fearworld.com
                www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Well said Ben.

Giving credit where credit is due- Rusty was the first to 'mass produce' full silicone masks.

And for the record, the two companies have never been a part of each other.

I know Rusty pretty well- as an artist type like myself, sometimes the smooth operation of a business can be difficult- especially one creating hand-made products of a high-end nature, and Rusty's SPFX masks has really come into it's own during the last year.

As for the difference between the two product lines, they each have their own strengths- SPFX utilizes the translucent properties of the silicone to create very life-like effects, with ultra-detailed paint schemes (which is why they cost more).

CFX seems to be going more for value, with more simplified paint schemes and more opaque silicone.

Both products carry a lot of value in the industry.

Thad
                  Dental Distortions
                  Our Teeth Make Kids Scream, Dogs Bark and Adults Cringe

Comment

Here are some You Tubes I did with some of the SPFX masks - Check em out...

Ben Armstrong
                    www.Fearworld.com

Comment

How we use Silicone Masks

CFX Dolly -

Ben Armstrong
                      www.Fearworld.com

Comment

More Silicone

SPFX Thug and Custom NETHERWORLD Mangler
                        Ben Armstrong
                        www.Fearworld.com

Comment

More Silicone

Custom Silicone Wolf Masks for NETHERWORLD -

Ben Armstrong
                          www.Fearworld.com

Comment

Another NETHERWORLD Mangler shot -examining a Unit 70 Body...

Ben Armstrong
                            www.Fearworld.com

Comment

Group Shot

There are 4 Silicones in this shot - Out front with some lot actors when Bow Wow came by -

Custom NETHERWORLD Far left, and up Front - and A CFX Dolly and IMP slider.

The point is they are both great!

SPFX and CFX Rock!

Thanks!

Ben Armstrong
                              www.Fearworld.com

Comment

Styles

All of the silicone mask we use at Atrox are from CFX.. We now have 12 and they are used often.. In the future we are planning on getting into the same thing Ben is doing.. That is coming up with some of our own designs and have them custom made by someone we know in the FX business.. I believe as the products get more popular the prices will come down and more vendors will come on board..

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                                So Slain, which CFX masks do you have in person? I hesitate to use them the masks so expensive for use in the haunt. Even your main actors cannot appreciate the expense of these masks. It seems awful risky to let anyone other than the buyer wear them.

Larry, which styles did you choose?

Darkangel

Comment

Working...
                                X