No announcement yet.

Rob Zombie Halloween 2... did you hear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't Hannibal Lecter's character generate enough "real like" fear for like three movies so far? Yeah he was based on some low life people of course but it was Anthony Hopkins style and intelligence that made people fear him because he was who you'd least expect to be a cannabal serial killer. I didn't say I was afraid of Bundy, I'm not afraid of white trash rednecks either. Lector was far from white trash, and he was scary enough to sell tons of masks, inspire 90% of haunts to do a room with a Lector-Like character at one time, etc. etc...

I like his music, liked White Zombie as well, but not everything he does is great and even his monsters they made a mask line from were CORNY looking and that's putting it nicely in fact they looked childish and lame.

Halloween movies got on fine without implementing white trash, foul mouthed losers. He did his usual theme in the first movie let's see if he's as great you say he is and see if he can switch things up a bit!

Also, based on your enthusiasm for serial killers, I just wanted to make sure we're all friends here sill right? Right? :-D j/k

Darkangel

Comment

LMFAO.... yeah -- we're all friends here....LMFAO..... no really where do you live?? LMFAO....No Seriously......No......SERIOUSLY,

yeah see I think everyone needs to look at Rob for who he is....he is a artist, its his style... Kind of like quentin tarantino - Quentin has his style too... you can tell what movies hes made just by watching one. See, I ( myself ) loved Rob for his artwork first. He was an artist that had a style like RAT FINK. You can find some of his work on albumn covers and also on a couple special flicks like " Beavis And Butthead Do America " you can also find his work on "Excersisto" Once you understand who he is as an artist you will understand his style a bit more.

His masks were cartoon like - on purpose - Rob Zombie is what they call "OLD SCHOOL" he has a style that has been lost and retired - replaced by todays Hollywood Glam. This is why allot of people love him as a director... he brings a breath of fresh air to the industry. I myself am tired of the Hollywood glam...lol.... But I AM a big fan of "Decent" Independents.... hell Independents have brought you allot of Kick-ass horror lately. SAW for one was independent. ( Believe it or not )

As far as conforming.... I hope he NEVER conforms.... conforming is DEATH to an artist. I hope he keeps bringing his vision to us the way he wants to - WITH THE PERMISSION FROM HOLLYWOOD OF COURSE - lol... Hollywood gets in the way..lol

I think of atleast 2 good friends of mine while Im writing about conforming...
      AAron Bordner for one- Comic Book Artist - he is my age, has NEVER conformed and he RAWKS... If you were to visit his house it is if your walking into a museum... or possibly like Rob Zombies house. He is an AWESOME artist and he himself is a sight to see. Aaron rawks just being Aaron. He walks to his own beat and has this coolness about him. He bleeds ( NOT LITTERALLY ) on paper when he draws and paints... his personallity just pours out oif his veins onto the paper or canvas. To ask him to get a job at a local factory or ask him to change his style would be death.
      "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
      www.maliciousstudios.com
      "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
      http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

It depends how you look at it

I find it interesting that a lot of people seem to anticipate these "remakes/reimaginings" and want to compare them to the original. As much as I may agree that most can't hold a candle to the originals they were based on, I always watch them trying to just analyze them as their own movie, with very low expectations, thinking as little as possible about the originals.

This is just my opinion, but there are a few things these remakes are always better than the originals on.

They are always shot better, better cameras, better film, better lighting etc. As an example the Texas Chainsaw remake I thought was visually stunning. They have better sound fx, and typically better scores. They have better special effects, much more realism. Much of this goes without saying, as technology has improved, but just pointing it out as a positive.

On an interesting side note, Daniel Pearl who was the DP on the original Texas Chainsaw was also the DP on the remake, so it was very interesting to see the way he shot it with better equipment, technology, and of course a bigger budget. Like I said, I thought this movie was visually stunning, and now I can get excited to see the Friday the 13th remake, as he will be the DP on this film.

As far as Halloween, it just goes to show, everything has a price. But put yourself in Zombie's shoes, Halloween was something he wanted to do, he says he didn't want to do a sequel, however, it was going to get made, with or without him. So eventually the studio throws enough money at him, and he knows if he doesn't do it, someone else will, so why not? I've enjoyed his films, House of 1000 Corpses and Devil's Rejects (especially) really got under my skin. I enjoyed the new Halloween as well, the hillbilly trailer trash characters I guess are his calling card, I don't expect them to go away.

As to the disdain for Hollywood resurrecting things that are better left alone, or rehashing the same story again and again. Think about how it relates to a haunted house. Every year there are some rooms/areas that you know you have to have, clowns, chainsaws, etc. As lame as you feel it may be to continue rehashing that, and as much effort as you put into an area that you feel people are going to love, you stand outside and listen to people talk about the damn clowns or chainsaw guy. So each year we go back to that same well, because we know people want it, and try to add a different twist on how it's done, how is this any different than what Hollywood does?

Chris
        Chris Stafford
        1331 Entertainment Group
        Denver Haunted Houses - The Asylum & 13th Floor Haunted House http://www.getscared.com
        13th Floor Haunted House - San Antonio, Texas http://www.13thfloorsanantonio.com
        13th Floor Haunted House - Phoenix, Arizona http://www.13thflooraz.com

Comment

Not to brag (hehe), but if you are a Rob Zombie fan, check out the pic in my profile. Thats my wife and I with the band.
          Bill C. Schnell
          Dark Son Productions
          NecroPlanet Haunted Attractions
          www.NecroPlanet.com

Comment

AWESOME PIC - Yeah each director has his style, I myself love Zombies style over say.... Eli Roths... ( OH MY GOD ) everyones gasping... everyone thinks Eli is great, I say from what Ive seen Eli had a dream of producing quality horror films but fell just a tad short. this said - Hostel is not Eli's. An example of Elis work was found watching say.... Cabin Fever.... lol, it was supposed to be a horror film everyone laughed in the theatre like it was a comedy. I thought it was funny... Hostel was a calaborated effort, Eli decided to hire some talent for both Hostel 1 and 2 and when it came to Cabin Fever 2 ....it was a dead fish in the water. Texas Chainsaw Massacure was done in a different style as well Tobe Hooper and Kim Henkel had a dirty white trash style. Horror to me is DIRTY, TRASHY, MUREDER IS OFTEN MESSY and DEATH IS SELDOMLY GLAMORIZED OR SEXY....

Im just glad to see the return of the SLASHER films.... regaurdless.... it has been to long and we have ALL waited far to long to see dumb blonde b*tches running for their lives knocking on doors screaming for help, while the killer calmly walks behind them waiting for them to fall down... or waiting for them to hide in a "safe" hiding place.......LMFAO HELL YEAH..... Bring on the Slashers..... even if it means that Billy Bob Thorton might play Freddy Kruger......lol......RAWK
            "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
            www.maliciousstudios.com

Comment

Originally posted by maliciousstudios View Post
              A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)

A re-imagining of the horror icon Freddy Krueger, Billy Bob Thornton as - Freddy (rumored)
              "Well I been in the nervous hospital fer a right spell... I recon I aint got no reason to disembowel nobody. Umm Hmmm. Alright then."

Carl Krueger
              Hauntus Emeritus
              Founding Board Member I.A.H.A.
              Author "The Complete Haunted House Book"

We'll make your house everything you've ever HAUNTED!

Comment

Well here's my take!!!

I am a huge fan of the Halloween Movies! However I think Rob killed it for me. His use of the G.D. word makes me sick. If he could leave out the nude trailer park hos, and the excessive use of the G.D. word it might be ok. On a 1 to 10 I give it a 2 it could have been a 10 but he managed to screw it up real good. Shane and its ROB thanks for nothing Shane this time!
                sigpic

Comment

different folks different strokes.... just take a look at "LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT" allot of people said it was a bit much but then allot of us thought it rawked.... we all have different tollerances for HORROR whether it is including sex, rape, violence, foul language, necrophillia, or even beastiality.

ITS ALL HORROR TO ME

We all have different tastes.... I enjoy caramel apples

Did you know - Taste and smell only separated when animals moved to land. Since in the sea, all chemicals are dissolved in the same medium (water) there is no need for two separate senses. Fish and other sea creatures have one general chemical sense.

Damn, I bet they liked "Last House On The Left"

LMFAO

Malicious Studios
                  www.maliciousstudios.com

Comment

.... I enjoy caramel apples

Me too!!!!!!!!!
                    Brad Bowen
                    Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                    www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

More "old" h2 news.......

Weird al vankovic is gonna be in the movie also (guest shot on a local radio show with dr. Loomis pushing his new book.) movie is being filmed right now in GEORGIA. They were looking for paid extras a few weeks ago paying $110.00 per day I'm told. They were looking last minute for a couple hundred people (townspeople, crowd scenes, I guess) I agree, kill the "hillbilly deluxe" crap. Enuf allready, rob....
                      Now, if only WILLA FORD (AND HER COCONUTS) (F13) would make a guest appearence!!!! More later.....

UHM.COM upcoming horror movie info they have all the latest news

Comment

Ive seen both 1000Corpses and Devils Rejects...( YOU LEFT ONE OUT EXCERSISTO )
                        Congrats on being scared of Ted Bundy... ( I know I wasnt ) white collar crime doesnt frighten me ( lol seriously ) I grew up on the other side of town, the side some of you didnt want to visit at night. The likes of Charles Manson and the Manson Family, Rimerez, Gasey, Gerad Parker, Son Of Sam,Emund Kemper, Ed Gein, Ian Brady, Henry Lee Lucas, Ottis Toole, Patrick Mackay, Aileen Wuornos, were all "WHITE COLLAR KILLERS HUH ? " Every horror movie out there has been based upon these killers.... We all hate to love them BUT WE DO... did they come from white trash ?? yep.... bad lives, bad environments.... they grew to become what we fear. In reality I hate serial killers, but they do feed what I love in fiction. I get carried away, I hope noone thinks Im too serious about this.... but I do say that my "opinion" is that The man is good at what he does... hes good as a muisician and he is good as a director ( afterall hes directed every single video he has ever had and wrote every single song he has had ) He has a style so do many other talents in the industry.... his talent is dirty horror.... hes not Hollywood. HES REAL... I dont know about you but I would gladly take the realness of someones movies i.e. Rob Zombie over Hollywoods glamorized regurgitated slimeball movies... but maybe if we add a few clean scenes with some explosions it might be fun for the whole family ??
                        I agree completely! hey no hate on having his wife in the movies... If you notice certain directors continue to use the same actor for there newest movies ie tim burton and johnny depp. It's just that Rob zombie chooses his wife. And she can't come back in the 2nd movie she was killed off lol
                        ________
                        silver surfer vaporizer
                        Last edited by DollFacexHorror; 02-02-2011, 05:59 PM.
                        www.thedeadland.com

House Of 1000 Corpses (Baby)
                        "These are all my dolls. I used to like to chop their heads off and their arms and stick 'em up on the wall."

House on Haunted Hill 1959
                        Frederick Loren: Mr. Pritchard here promises us genuine ghosts.
                        Watson Pritchard: 7 now. Maybe more before morning.

Comment

damn.... thats true.... she commited suicide didnt she.....lol... ( DAMN ) uless of course she missed or just took off an ear...lmfao

Nothing says white trash like a stripper with one ear.... HELL YEAH...lol

Malicious Studios
                          www.maliciousstudios.com

Comment

Did anyone know they have been shooting this in Atlanta and working with Netherworld on some stuff. I heard some rumors about Netherworld and Halloween 2...

I guess you'll have to wait until the movie comes out! I also heard some rumors about Netherworld and another movie called Zombieland.

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President
                            www.HalloweenProductions.com
                            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Thats AWESOME.... I sure hope so.... that would be so AWESOME for Ben and the gang.... WOW I SURE DO HOPE SO !!

I wonder if Toby Sells will be working on this one since his shop IS in Atlanta.... hmmm.... I had always wondered if Toby worked with Netherworld ??

Anyone know ??

Does anyone know who Toby Sells is ?? ( LMFAO... sorry Im a Geek in that area )

Malicious Studios
                              www.maliciousstudios.com

Comment

Wasn't Toby on Dirty Jobs once?
                                StackerSteve
                                LoT 27
                                http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lot-27...060788?ref=sgm

Comment

Working...
                                X