No announcement yet.

Franchise Pro Haunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Several people have tried to open haunts in multiple cities. I think in most cases this idea fails as each city is so different and unique from each other.

But when you ask about something like this look no further than Six Flags Fright Fest, or Cedar Fairs 'Haunt', or Universal Studios Horror Nights... these are all brands and follow for the most part the same idea's and concepts.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeRTaKer313 View Post
      cool i never knew others have done it other than ripleys thats interesting.
      were opening one is california for 2010 because i feel the manager/partner knows what there doing the most and he came to me with the idea. Also he had an attendance of 25,000 for 2008 so hes doing very well.
      were still working everything out. and we hope this will spread to other cities in the future, its a dream.. idk if its a profitable dream
      Just curious if your looking at Northern or Southern Calif.?

Comment

I figured if you were going to go for multiple haunts, it should go a different direction than how most have tried it. I think you need to go regional. Not that I ever believe I would get to this point, as it's enough trouble trying to get everything figured out for one haunt, but I had also wondered why others hadn't really tried this.

If things worked out in Memphis, would it make sense to expand to
        Nashville (3 hours away)
        Jackson, MS (3 hours away) OR Tunica, MS (1 hour away)
        Little Rock, Ar (2 hours away)

However, the other side of things was to make sure you had a different theme for each haunt, with "Company X presents...". Let them know you are running all of them, but also give people reason to see more than one. This has a couple advantages.

1) Cross Advertising - Blow them away once, and might you get them to drive to another to see it too? Or maybe even the full tour during a season?

2) Rotation - In the example above, if you had 4 haunts with very different themes (say a mummy's tomb, toxic waste zombies, traditional mansion, and an asylum) you could rotate them so that each city only sees each theme once every four years, keeping everything fresh each year for customers.

This was all merely theory in a discussion, so there are likely tons of flaws in practice, but I thought I'd share it anyway.
        sigpic

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

Comment

Franchising This Entertainment?

Real sorry to inform but it has been done very financially successfully and has been happening all around us in every town, city, village.
          They are called moving pictures, movies, television.
          These do prove that to be entertaining that your entertainment has to be freshened and modified every so often.
          I wish someone would come up with something to put under my chair to make it move around smoothly and it was something I didn't have to make move by using my muscles...
          "Whee!" That was fun! I'll call it a Wheeeel!"
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
          X