Shipwreck Productions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipwreck Productions

I hate to start another one of these... but I have this really nice lady, who works helping the elderly, and she also has a home haunted house. She ordered $3000.00 worth of stuff from Shipwreck Productions, paid a 50% deposit, didn't get any product and Shipwreck hasn't returned any of her phone calls.

I don't know how to get in touch with these people myself, so I was wondering if anyone does.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

(949) 660-1996
    info@shipwreckproductions.com

SHIPWRECK PRODUCTIONS, INC.
    2322 S. Pullman St.
    Santa Ana, Ca. 92705

does this help?
    Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

Shipwreck Productions will be getting in touch with her and offering her a full refund of her deposit or delivery of product whichever she prefers. They will also apologize for the breakdown in communication that created the situation.

As for being hard to get a hold of they probably were. They were building their annual event during August & September, running that event in October, and striking that event all of November.

Scaren Karen

Comment

I guess a full refund is the best that she can hope for now, but it does bring up the question: if they were so busy, why didn't they tell her they wouldn't be able to fill her order and refund her money on their own?

Comment

Interesting!

I thought this was not the place to bring up things like this? What happened to calling, emailing, driving across country and showing up at their door steps, catching a plain or train and sleeping on their front steps?

However I did not start it but will say this. WHAT DOES BUILDING A HAUNT IN AUGUST AND SEPTEMBER AND RUNNING IT IN OCTOBER GOT TO DO WITH THIS SEEMINGLY NICE LADY GETTING HER PRODUCTS!!! Another stupid a** excuse!!!! Why would she want her product now? Halloween was 2 months ago!!! I say the right thing to do is give her a full refund and add interest to it. Dont insult her with a lame excuse! It only adds to the slap in the face she has already recieved!! Shane and its Hey Deadbeat! You have been added to the looser list Shane this time!!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Glad to find this out now because I was thinking about placing an order with them after the Holidays. Makes me think now
            ~Bill Mlinac
            The Deadland Haunted House
            www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
            www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

Shane,

Here is why I brought it up... because it was headed here no matter what I thought so maybe if I do it then we can handle this quickly and without a bunch of drama. I know a lot of people have things that slip through the cracks and I hope this is one of them. However the lady claimed she has made many phone calls with no return calls. There is no excuse for that but I'm happy to hear it will be resolved.

I hope to see Shipwreck at Transworld and I'm glad to hear they are doing the right thing here. Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

My dealings

I spoke with Shipwreck in Vegas and came away with a great feeling about the company. I ordered 1 inexpensive product from them in April and then there was a "breakdown in communication". I wrote them and called them and even posted here and no one knew anything except their phone number which I had tried and left about 6 un-returned messages as well as 4 or 5 emails. I don't know what the problem was but they called me in August maybe and appologised and asked if I wanted the product and I did. They mailed it to me but it looked a LOT different from what the product looked like in the product and it looked used or burned out? (It was the flicker generator). It worked but I have learned from that transaction. I can't imagine ordering 3000.00 worth of materials from them and not getting it. Very frusterating.

James Lurgio
                Nightmare Productions

Comment

Mail takes two to five days. Does anyone know if she has received her money back yet?

Comment

For what its worth, I had herad stories about Shipwreck and bad service. At Vegas, I decided to try them out and ordered a roll of erosion cloth cause they were $100 cheaper than anyone else. Sept 1st still no material so I called them and they said they would ship out right away. About 10 days later I got the order from them..... Dont really think I am gonna do business with them again....
                    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Simple advice for vendors:

Communicate, PLEASE!!!!
                      We just want to know if and when we are getting our orders. If these companies would just do that we'd all be much happier. Shipwreck has had some great stuff over the years and I would hate to see them go away because of something that could have been fixed with a simple call-back. We need good creative companies.

Just my thoughts.

Wayne
                      www.trailofterror.com

Comment

We also failed to receive product from Shipwreck. We came away from Vegas very impressed with them, and they have a lot of good products. As has been stated before however, no communication. Turns out the items we ordered were not critical to our haunt, but failing to deliver or even communicate is bad business of course.
                        Here's hoping they get it back on the rails, they have some good guys working for them

Comment

Originally posted by graystone View Post
                          I thought this was not the place to bring up things like this? What happened to calling, emailing, driving across country and showing up at their door steps, catching a plain or train and sleeping on their front steps?
                          Good point. Wasn’t there a new private message board created for voicing such complaints? I thought we weren’t supposed to talk about controversial issues like vendor performance on this public board. Then again, I could be wrong. I often am. LOL.
                          Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
                          Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

Hey I didn't even see this get brought back up until now...

It was brought up to begin with to keep things totally professional, which so far it has been. I'm also glad to see and hear they have taken care of the original issue with the person they owed the money to.

I think there is a difference between making something into a total drama and using this site as a last resort.

I hate to see any vendor not take care of business. Everyone deserves a chance to resolve the issues in a peacefull professional manor.

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

Lasrry

Has it been taken care of? Someone posted that it would be, but I haven't seen any updates.

Comment

Working...
                              X