No announcement yet.

Another haunt tour for March?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm one of the, I'm sure, many coming in by plane. So a two hour drive is going to be a problem for us. But if buses were pulled together I'd definitely make the trip out.
    Jordan Renda
    www.NightTerrorsHauntedHouse.com

Comment

Hey Larry.....

Since you totally torn apart the old Darkness and might not be able to open in time why don't you let these other haunts open this year and you do next when the construction is totally complete. It sounds like it would be nearly impossible for you to open. Give these others a chance to show their haunt and it will give people a chance to see yours in 2010. Maybe without the added stress for opening you wouldn't have to charge as much. I personally don't see a problem paying $50 to see the Darkness but others may. The bad thing would be that I think having the Darkness open this year would give the new show a boost and be a huge draw.

Just my thoughts.

Wayne
      www.trailofterror.com

Comment

Wayne,

As you know we have taken on way to many attraction projects and now we're overloaded with work. I had a crew totally take down about 25% of the entire attraction and now no one to put it back together. On Monday we're going to clean our production studio and the building the Darkness is in top to bottom.

I finally got in touch with Jim about an hour ago and layed out the plan. We are then going go to Wisconsin to install an attraction when we get back we're going to chop our crew in half...half working on the Darkness and he other half working on these other attractions. We are going to keep the website www.thedarkness.com up and running but not activate buying tickets for at the very least another month or so.

Our new building has slowed to a crawl because of weather and get this the building next door to us, their trash people backed one of those massive trucks into our building and crushed the corner of our building. So now that has to be rebuilt along with still needing sprinkler system, adt, three more windows, a door, fire proofing the staircase, electric, and the brick layers may not be done until March. This on top of the fact that we would still need to build Terror Visions.

So we are going to simply work on all of this through the first part of January and take another look and see if its possible to get this done before the Transworld show. All of those people who don't want to pay $50.00 can stay home I dont care what they think... I'm going to lose simply a TON of money doing this a TON!

The only real way I can get this done is to STOP taking orders for attractions, and put all of my own money into this and bust butt over the next 3 month to get it done but that is suicide. I can't afford to pay my staff of nearly 20 with no income from building attractions for clients.

I only know one way to do things... OVER THE TOP, and because of this show coming here, I wanted to GO OVER OVER OVER THE TOP and then OVER THE TOP AGAIN... I went way to crazy this time, and simply had more torn out than I should have and took on way to many projects, which I must have to keep my company going.

We have two attractions due in Wisconsin before the end of December and two more due in January. The soonest I can really get going on this thing would be February, but I'm sure another attraction is coming in in that month as well. We are going to work on the Darkness EVERY SINGLE that we can!!!

So we'll see...

As for this other tour they should shoot for FRIDAY, but they will need to get busses because that is somewhat of a drive. If everyone left around 7pm you'd get there around 9pm. This tour will end up being around $50.00 as well when you factor in a bus.
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Larry I dont want to take any limelight away from you or The darkness. You worked your butt off to get the convention into Stl and that is a great thing for all of us in the midwest. We are willing to help you in any way we can to make this convention a sucess. I cant speak for Bill and Necropolis but what ever Fearfest can do for you just let me know! Greg
          Greg Allen
          scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
          www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

To open your haunted house for this event would be a MAJOR undertaking, you put yourself under the microscope, and everything you do wrong someone complains about, which makes you wonder why anyone would even try.

But if you for sure want to open your haunted house let me know we can add you to our website and help you if we can.

I would shoot for Friday though but you'd need buses and everything. It will be expensive and there is NO WAY this could be sold for less than $50.00 if not more dollars because of the bus ride. I'm sure that will cost a ton.

Look into it!

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

Larry, if you need help I'm more than willing to come! Just let me know!

Either way I'm sure it'll get and I can't wait to see it! -Tyler
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I would try to arrange busses to the show. Even if you have to charge a bit more, as long as people do not percieve that they are not being ripped off on cost, I think most of us understand that there should be a cost to go to a haunt and that a bus will cost money. A coach bus fits about 50 people. Not sure how much it would cost to rent one, but I am pretty sure many of us would love that option.
                www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

A few years ago Teror on the Fox did that tour and I know it cost well north of $100.00 and I'm sure most of that went to bus rides. I'm sure they would have an idea how much this would cost because they have done it. You have to go there and back again and that will cost a lot of money.

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

The busses are not a problem. We had to set up charters for some of the colleges that wanted to come here last year. Our shuttle bus we have only holds 22 customers and it works great for small groups but not near big enough for something like this. I know this would be a HUGH undertaking. I have already been in contact with many vendors for modifications that need to be made. Does having the best of the best go thru my haunt make me nervous??? HELL YES! But it is also an honor. Will some people complain? Like you said probably. We are an entertainment facility. We tell our actors if you cant scare someone try to make them laugh. We have already talked to our crew and they are very excited about the chance to be open this March for the convention. I personally was very excited to get the opportunity to do a lights on walk thru of The Darkness. You have a great haunted house! Is this still an option or are you cancelling the whole thing?
                    Greg Allen
                    scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
                    www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

I have always felt sorry for haunt actors when haunters go through. On the one hand we appreciate the acting job, on the other we are not reacting like a 15 year old typical customer. JUst tell your crew give us their best stuff, but dont be surprised if we do not scream or whatever.....

R
                      www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Let me know

Anyone who needs help opening in March, I am willing to come help for no charge...

Comment

The slide show of pics are awesome and the video is packed with screams! Looks like a place to check out.

If I get to go to the show I would deffiantly want to go to that haunt and see it.

Comment

We are driving from Florida, 15 hours, three of us 5 hours each, so two more hours will be nothing.
                            Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Speaking of people driving long distances, perhaps you should offer two ticketing options.

1) Tour with bus transportation included.

2) The tour only, for folks who would rather drive to the event themselves.

Just a thought...
                              Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
                              Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

IF they pull the trigger on this tour it should be BUS ONLY... its way to far for directions when you have a very short window to open the attracion. If someone drives down there gets lost and finally finds it and the tour is over.

It should be BUS only. I talked to these guys last night and I hope they get their tour together for Friday night. We'll do everything we can to help them!

Larry
                                Larry Kirchner
                                President

Comment

Working...
                                X