Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hauntworld Magazine Transworld Edition...AGAIN YOU PICK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hauntworld Magazine Transworld Edition...AGAIN YOU PICK!

Okay here is the deal... I was going to put The Darkness on the front cover of this issue since the haunted house was going to open for this show but now I have decided against it for many reasons.

For one I do want to feature the Darkness in the magazine at some point, but I'd rather someone write the artice after seeing the attraction not before and for me The Darkness is always a work in progress, and I'm never happy or feel its got there yet to be featured. So I keep pushing it off...

Anyway I think we will feature the haunt in the Summer after the tour but who knows. Either way I'm now not doing The Darkness for the Transworld edition so... that leaves TWO spots open as we are now featuring two haunts per magazine.

SO WHO SHOULD WE FEATURE... you pick again!

Start the process.

Once all the debates are over I'll put up another poll and that will be that...

Now the reason I'm putting this out there NOW is because this next two magazines are basically one right after the other. One in January and the next 8 weeks later.

So I really need to get both of them going at the same time.

So let the debate begin!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Let me be the first to make some suggestions...

House of Tourment
    Scarehouse
    Shocktoberfest
    Field of Screams

I can go on and on...

I won't say Haunted Overload because I already know it wil come up again and again! LOL

These are just some thoughts from me... now you tell me what you want to learn more about. And remember this shouldn't ever be about a popularity contest but rather we want to feature attractions that you feel the information offered by the attraction will in some way help your business.

We strive to get you information that helps you!

No matter who we feature we will PROBE THEM DEEP! LOL

When you read this upcoming magazine you'll learn more than you ever thought you could learn about the success of an attraction...you'll see!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President

Comment

HOUSE OF TORMENT

-Tyler
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

She's made her list, she's checked it twice, and if you don't vote to put ScareHouse on the cover of the Transworld issue ... you might just pay the price:
        Attached Files
        Scott Simmons
        The ScareHouse / Undead Productions Inc.

http://www.scarehouse.com
        http://youtube.com/thescarehouse

Comment

Another haunt I'd like to name drop is Bennets Curse or Fright Kingdom or Racliff Manor... I will drop in here and there and drop more haunt names I'm interested in covering.

Stop telling me... I do this magazine for this industry so you decide!

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

I would also like to see Fright Kingdom. I have nothing but respect for Tim and his crew of die hard haunters. Their attraction is top notch with hand built facades, over 60 animatronics, 400+ tarantulas, live snakes, Hollywood style make up and actors that are second to none.

I would be interested in hearing about how they plan to move from their very successful 17,000 sq. foot facility to a new 50,000 sq. foot building! I can't wait to see the new 3rd attraction and museum full of old school masks and vintage props! The thing about Tim and his crew that impresses me is how he is the first one to reach out to fellow haunters weather it's someone who needs help, or weather it's working together with new haunters in the area to spearhead a great cross promotion.

He and his crew of about 20 actors even helped me bundle a truckload of corn stalks late at night this year when I really needed it. That really gave me a boost to keep going. Actions speak louder than words and Tim along with the whole Fright Kingdom staff are team players that the industry could learn a lot from.

Here are a few photos of Fright Kingdom from this past season, although you really have to see it in person to fully appreciate the attraction. I'm sure Tim will be posting plenty more of his own soon.

Eric

www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Yup, I'll say it: IF not featured in #20, then I'd like to see

HAUNTED OVERLOAD

And here is why...

1) Haunted Overload made the difficult transition from home haunt to pro haunt. I'd like to know how that's done. There are many home haunters who stalk this forum and read Haunt World magazine, and I'm sure they'd like to know as well. It might also be useful to pro haunters to see how Eric makes the absolute most out of the resources he has.

2) The lighting design featured in the pictures of the haunt is really stunning, and it's done outdoors! Lighting a scene in a room is one thing. Lighting the outdoors is something else entirely.

3) The giant props! Who doesn't want to know more about giant props?!

4) Haunted Overload is an outdoor haunt. I think Haunt World needs more coverage of outdoor haunts.

Comment

Great... now, see... I'm torn between HOUSE OF TORMENT and RAYCLIFF MANOR!!! Ugh.... Damn it Larry! -Tyler
                Chris Riehl
                Sales@spookyfinder.com
                (586)209-6935
                www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Thanks a lot Larry, I know our time is coming down the road!

Tyler, I see how it is, no love for Bennett's Curse!

I personally would love to see more on House of Torment! They have some great sets, amazing control room....They get my vote! Raycliff Manor is another great choice!

Also some other haunts would be cool like Castle Blood, Wayne's Trail of Terror, Thrillvania, Niles haunted scream park and House of Horrors in Buffalo and Shocktoberfest.

Allan

Comment

Seems simple enough: feature the second-highest vote getter in the first poll.

Comment

FRIGHT KINDGOM!!!!!!!!
                      Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

Originally posted by shawnc View Post
                        Seems simple enough: feature the second-highest vote getter in the first poll.
                        Yup, agreed!

Comment

How about Pirates of Emerson?

Haven't heard much about that one have we?

Larry
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

Larry, Like I said in the other thread I would like to see an article about how Pirates keeps patrons coming back year after year with the same theme. A full feature would be great, but a specific feature about that subject would help a lot of people.

Comment

Good point!

So do we hear a ARRRR for Pirates?
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

Working...
                              X