Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008 Haunted Overload Video......vote Now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Haunted Overload Video......vote Now!

This HauntWorld #20 voting poll is turning into quite a horse race! I'm glad to see we are giving our friends over at Nightmare New England a good run for their money. Who would have thought two haunts from New Hampshire, that cross promote with each other, would be in such a cool contest together? Congratulations and good luck to all the haunts on the poll. They are all great and deserve to be in the magazine! Like I said before, it's tough to narrow it down so a vote like Larry is doing is a fair way.

Since there are only two days left to vote we figured we would post a short sample of some of this year's footage. This video will be pulled as soon as the voting is over so watch it while you can. Keep in mind this is an abbreviated version of our wrap party video that was quickly made for our entertainment and not promo use. We will be making a much more polished version using better footage as well as night vision and funny interviews for our 2009 promo once we sift through all the footage. There are two commercial songs on here we can't use for promo either that's why it will be pulled shortly. We will purchase music for the real thing that we put on our site.

Even though Tim Bickford threw this together in two days I still think it rocks and I would like to thank him very much for doing it. My favorite part is near the end when the horse blows smoke out his nose!

I think you guy's will get a kick out of some of this scare footage and if it gets us a few more votes on the Hauntworld #20 thread that would be great. If after watching the video you think we should be featured go here to vote if you haven't already.

http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_ho...ead.php?t=6673

Thanks for your support,

Eric

Crank up the volume!

For a better quality version go to this link http://www.vimeo.com/2425815
    Last edited by elowther; 12-04-2008, 09:50 AM.
    www.hauntedoverload.com

Awesome Video. I need to stop by you next year when I am in NH during Oct. I was there this year for a few days, but next year will be there for an extended stay. I'll have to stop by.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
    http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
    "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
    http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

You've got my vote Eric!!

Paul Fitzgerald by the way...LOL!! Been using Headlesshorseman as my screenname on most of these forums...

Love the video man!!

Comment

Haunted Overload in Haunt World #20!!!!

Wow! Love the new video!

You seem to have many talents when it comes to haunt design, but you seem to be especially good at lighting design. Is this something you studied, or is it just a natural talent of yours?? I've been to theatrical plays with full stage lighting rigs that weren't as well lit as your haunt appears to be!

I really hope you get into the magazine!! If the voting stays this close for the top two, perhaps one haunt could be in issue #20, and the other could be in issue #21??

Comment

Thanks Jonathan!

Anytime you're in the area I'll give you a tour.

DarkTikiEntertainment,

Thanks for the compliments. I think the lighting is looking so good at this point from years of trial and error. I'm still learning a ton every year I do it. Because of all the changes we make, we constantly run into lighting challenges and new ways to make scenes look good with lighting. Weather proofing and making sure the lights aren't touching dry leaves are always an issue because most of my lights are on the ground shining up. Also tons of fog makes any lighting look good LOL!

Eric
          www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Do you run permanent electrical lines to supply power to all those lights througout your haunt, or do you run long extension cords? It seems to me that getting power to everything would be a major challenge of an outdoor haunt.

Comment

Great video Eric!

I was lucky enough to see Eric's show pre-season, I wasn't able to see it under the lights but I have a pretty good idea of what it must have looked like! I hope I have the opportunity to visit while you are open next year and you know our door is always open to you. Happy Holidays and I look forward to talking to you soon.

Take care and Happy Holidays to everyone,

Tattoo
              Mike "Tattoo" Krausert

Senior Project Manager

Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group

www.thirteenthfloor.com

President - Bad Boys Scenic Design

Comment

Thanks Tattoo!

It was great to see your set up before the madness started as well. I hope to make it over there next year, your photos look great! Good luck with the contest it looks like your pulling out in front!

DarkTikiEntertainment,

Power is a major issue outdoors. We even had to have the town replace the transformer on the street because it was too old and we couldn't risk overloading it when we opened last year. We use massive flexible twist lock cables for the major runs to panels through out the haunt. We do use some outdoor cords for the smaller stuff but try to stick to the heavy duty cables as much as we can because they are water tight. The stuff my electrician has can even be driven over and we bury some cables also.

Eric
                www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Eric just brought up a great point!

A few years ago we had a transformer replaced at Terror on the Fox because it actually started a fire at the pole because it was so old and obviously overloaded. (A HAUNTED OVERLOAD! hehe) Over time Terror on the Fox grew and we added Attractions and the transformer at the road was something we neglected to think about. It always go to show that you should think about EVERY aspect of your event when planning it out each year.

Eric, you must have a small fortune in electrical there!

Take care,

Tattoo
                  Mike "Tattoo" Krausert

Senior Project Manager

Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group

www.thirteenthfloor.com

President - Bad Boys Scenic Design

Comment

Electrical is not cheap that's for sure! Every prop or building that is planned I have to think about the extra cost of lighting the thing. The placement of scenes also, the further away and more spread out I get the more it costs.

We actually had to plan a different location from the original site way out in the woods because it was too expensive to get power out that far.
                    www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Thansk for the comment DarkTiki....

Eric and I have a lot of video footage to go through this year. We hope to have our first polished video ready in a few months.

Thanks again!

Comment

The opening shot of the video looks like it could be something straight out of a Tim Burton movie!

Comment

Hey thanks DarkTiki,

Shooting video of Haunted Overload is a real treat. I feel like I'm on the set of Lord of The Rings. This year was crazy. The layout of the haunt was huge. Eric has increased the size of the haunt considerably. I really earned my keep shooting video this year.

I started shooting video for Eric four years ago when the haunt was on his front lawn. It has been totally mind blowing witnessing the transformation from a home haunt to a professional haunt. It's been a privilege for me to be able to document (on video) the transformation from home to pro. Every year Haunted Overload pushes the envelope. There is always something new.

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by Creativecinema View Post
                            Hey thanks DarkTiki,

Shooting video of Haunted Overload is a real treat. I feel like I'm on the set of Lord of The Rings. This year was crazy. The layout of the haunt was huge. Eric has increased the size of the haunt considerably. I really earned my keep shooting video this year.

I started shooting video for Eric four years ago when the haunt was on his front lawn. It has been totally mind blowing witnessing the transformation from a home haunt to a professional haunt. It's been a privilege for me to be able to document (on video) the transformation from home to pro. Every year Haunted Overload pushes the envelope. There is always something new.

Thanks again!

If you did some interviews with Eric, and you edited them together with the footage from the transformation from home to pro haunt, you could probably release it as a commercial DVD. "From Home Haunt To Pro Haunt - The inside Story", or something like that... ha ha!

I really like the look of Haunted Overload. It incorporates some more traditional elements of Halloween (pumpkins, witches, etc.) that you just don't see at a lot of other haunts. I really hope they make it into Haunt World magazine!

If you haven't voted yet, please do!

Comment

Tiki,

We have tons of old footage......hours of it. I have a lot of interviews with Eric back when Haunted Overload was still a home haunt. We have TV news footage, newspaper articles, etc. It would be neat to put all of our footage together in some short of home to pro DVD presentation.

Comment

Working...
                              X