No announcement yet.

Moving Floor Logistics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One summer I was doing some concrete work here I actually did use water to mix the concrete with that I previously collected in a rainbarrel rather than turn on a faucet and have to pay for that water.
    I'm old enough to remember when everything we have to buy today used to cost ALOT less than it does now.
    My first real job (in a factory) paid $1.95 per/hour, my apartment rent was $65 a month, I drove a $50.00 car. If the car sat over Sunday then Monday I had to put transmission fluid in it and pump up one tire. If we went for a Sunday drive, then the car would be all right monday morning. I never figured out how this worked?
    The car was a 1954 Ford Sunliner, it had a plexiglass roof over the front seat, quite a park-out car in it's "Day"!
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Airbags

You can use airbags to move the floor up and down, really easy, and a linear actuator with a couple of limit switches to move it side to side. Simple, but not exactly cheap.

Comment

Before the Civil War a man patented using bags of air -inflated to lift sunken boats up , believe it or not the guy was Abe Lincoln!
        Could I make something like this up?
        No.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
        X