No announcement yet.

Need any Real snakes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another problem with snakes if live feeding. They prefer live food, and that usually means live rats (for the bigger snakes). But rats can fight back. Snakes will always win in the end, but they can get a lot of damage if the rat attacks or even if it manages to bite the snake while it is dying. If the bite happens to get near the MOUTH, the snake will soon get "mouth rot", a horrible infection that is hard to cure. I won't go into the details except to say the best cure is to PREVENT it by feeding the snake rats knocked out (they like them warm and won't eat a cold rodant) or chickens... which cost more than rats.

Another thing to beware is that snakes and spiders can bite, even the tame ones can. It only takes one wise ass or perhaps someone who is scared to rough handle the animal when it is uncomfortable to begin with and TA-DAH! Lawsuit! The bite is never serious but lawyers don't seem to care about that. That's where MENTAL ANQUISH comes in to clean out your savings (I don't even think most haunt insurance would cover a claim caused by an animal "attack"). So it's risky to be sure-- I'd want a signed release from ANYONE who wanted a photo with a snake or to hold any of the creatures. It sounds silly I know, but like they say, it's always fun until someone loses the slightest amount of blood.

That being said, I had a great seven foot boa named KITTY and she never hurt a fly. She killed a bunch of rats and chickens, but never any flys. She never bit anyone and if you feel asleep with her, she would be there when you awoke (assuming she wasn't hungry and didn't strangle you). Actually, constrictors only kill what they can get their mouths around, and since boas don't get as large as pythons, they are safe for most adults. The best thing about boas is that they are "non poisonous" poison snakes, that is to say, they have all the markings of a posion snake but no poison. Poison snakes have heart shaped heads (when viewed from above) and slits for pupils instead of round pupils. Boas have both, and yet, no fangs. Plus they have incredible muscle tone that pythons do not have. They are very cool.

Alas, I had to leave the country for a summer and the pet store that took care of KITTY really took care of her alright... some bum fed her a live rat that bit her mouth and, well, you can guess the rest. I would not suggest snakes except for someone who LIKES animals and will spend the time and effort to care for them. They are not insects and deserve decent care.
    www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

Now you Tell Me!

Two of my ex-wives had heart shaped heads and lots of venum!
      Nice muscle tone on one, infact the most incredibly toned one muscle I ever felt in my entire life! (And some people asked me why I married her!)
      Snakey though, positively snakey!
      Never stopped Hissing!
      Now I know why she always seemed to have "Rat-Breath"!
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
      X