Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proecting outdoor props and sets from critters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proecting outdoor props and sets from critters?

For those of you with outdoor shows like hayrides or trails, how do you protect your sets and props from insects and animals? Mice seem to get into everything and they hollow out holes on props or facades to live in, chew through stuff, etc. I'm sure other animals will nest in or underneathe some sets, but even when we close things down after the season and lock up and have things stored I'm worried about opening things back up to work and things might be damaged. Is there something I can do to protect the investment of these props and sets from such damage, some kind of repellent?

Thanks,
    Darkangel

Yard Guard bug spray

Keeps many of them away and really seems to work, even killing some of them.
    I painted the base of the smoke alarms with this stuff and eliminated false alarms because of tiny insects crawling in there to stay warm?
    Ot is supposed to be safe enough to use in your house and is harmless after it dries? (Not harmless to bugs)
    My backyard low voltage light bulbs seem to be snacks for raccoons, I put drill screws through the plastic lenses securing them to the rest of the fixture to keep the bulbs where they are supposed to be.
    Metal lock boxes would help eliminate many potential problems.
    Latex items should be kept out of high heat and direct sunlight, remember.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Thanks Jim I'll look at the Yard Gaurd stuff!

Darkangel

Comment

Working...
      X