SHOCKING, SAD, UNREAL... Haunt Actor Killed in hautned house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ga,
    I was only agreeing on Larry saying to the owners about removing unsuitable material on there website ect. Im sorry if you feel you must attack me for agreeing with someone who knows way more on how to run a haunted house than you. Why you got to attack me and not Larry.?! No balls! Im not bitching! Im sorry you think that! Im sorry this happened I dont think any, customer, actor, owner or anyone else for that matter should die in a haunted house. Its very unfortunate that this did happen to this individual though. Thats all I have to say.
    Damon
    Damon Carson

Comment

Let me respond here to GaHaunter.

Thanks for your update on this matter.

I would have to agree with you 110% when something like this happens you have no clue what to do, you are in SHOCK! Hey a couple years ago I had something bad happen at the Darkness something I never in a million years thought would ever happen, and I wasn't sure exactly what to do myself.

Now having gone through an ordeal I know what I would do different. I'm sure this experience has educated all haunters including yourself. So I 110% understand you situation and I'm sure the first thing you think about is everyone is going to blame you, maybe someone sues you, you never know and to some degree you can be scared.

I think ALL haunters could have the same exact thing happen to them, just like any and all haunted houses could have a fight outside their doors, get robbed, or whatever. You are 110% correct!

Now that I know more of the facts I think you guys have nothing to worry about but you still have to worry about how the media and a sad mother will spin this on you even though you didn't do anything wrong. The public is always quick to judge you, by the actions you take, or don't take.

In this case and I hope it was a lesson learned for everyone, what should have been done the minute you closed was at the very least put up some sort of announcement that one you will always miss your one of your very own crew mates.

The media is not fair my friend, they love these type of stories, and to be honest I think you did the BEST THING by NOT speaking on camera, giving ANY interivews, and simply let the investigation play out and let the media follow up on the facts once they are presented.

You did the right thing here.

But knowing the media was going to do a story, you should simply issue a statement of remorse, and support for the family so you can't be misquoted or taken out of context. Your website is the perfect place for this statement.

In the end you did was was right by removing those remarks about a great season, and adding some images of the boy, your support for his family.

While the investigation is going on and until its over more stories can and probably will appear, so keep those comments up and tone down gore photos and things like that so no one thinks you are being anything but supportive. That is my advice.

Listen my friend I back you guys 110%. I'm so HAPPY you sent me an email to inform me of what happened, and I hope this will all play out and media reports will be corrected. And yes I agree this could have happened to anyone but as an industry I hope we all learned how best to handle it.

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

One last thing... I'm very proud of the haunt industry adding their thoughts and prayers to the guest book! I read them all! I'm sure this will make the mother and father feel a lot better! Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Damon,

I did not "attack" anyone, as you say. My thoughts were to everyone on the board, Larry included! The fact of the matter is, you were the person who after everything was said and done, after the owners took everyone's advice, after they removed all the offending material from their website and even after the thread died down and Ben posted a nice remark, had to go and add "fuel to the fire". So why did you have to go and agree with Larry AFTER the fact? It was stated by Larry and others that is was settled and they did everything asked of them. Needed someone's words to hide behind?

It seems to me you just had to create more negativity! Why nothing POSITIVE to say about the way the owners handled the changes to the site or a nice remark about the young man who had died? No! You had to start it up again so, I responded to you personally. Can't take the heat? Stay out of the kitchen!

If Larry had made more disparaging remarks, or reopend the wound as you did, I would have said the same thing to him as well. The difference between you and Larry is that HE could see that everyone was being too harsh without knowing THE FACTS and was finally satisfied with the owners handling of this and the outcome. He stopped to inform the thread that he had been in contact with the owners and was convinenced of their sincerity. YOU just wanted to pour lemon jucie on an opened wound again. Larry has way more tact and diplomacy than you, obviously.

I don't know you from Adam, Damon but you seem to be someone who is not happy unless you're stirring the pot. Point in case, your current reply. You didn't work at this haunted house, you still DON'T KNOW what happened, and after the thread settled down you just wouldn't let it go, even now. Uninformed, ignorant, opinions are the worst kind! That makes you no better than the news media.

Now you've waited days after my post to respond again. Did it take you that long to think of what to say or get the courage to write it out? I'm just asking becuase you've been on Hauntworld several times commenting on other threads and posts since then, yet nothing on this one till now. Then you have the nerve to say I have "no balls". Interesting. Childish, but interesting.

While I'm on your "no balls" remark, I'm going to take the high road as this is an industry forum, but if you'd like, you're welcome to PM me and we can talk about my "set" (LOL) in private or maybe you'd rather make that remark FACE To FACE sometime like St. Louis or Hauntcon?

I simply came here as a friend of one of the owners to try and clear the air. Your post was HIGHLY INFLAMMATORY after the fact, and I responded to you. Sorry if you feel singled out! Maybe in the future, you should watch what you write if you can't take listening to other people's replies. You're weren't afraid to chime in with you .02 but you sure don't want to hear anyone else's either. Nice double standard.

Btw, Larry-

You keep addressing me by saying "you", confusing me with the owners of the haunt in question, in your last comments. I am not the owner of Psycho Shack just a friend of theirs. Easy mistake though. Just thought you would like to know.

Gahaunter
          Lee D. Sanders

Comment

Well I dont wish to make this a long drawn out thing. I dont ever post anything negative. Im always joking or have something I try to type to either help or make someone have a laugh reading. Im sorry you dont see what Im really typing. Maybe we should just drop this because this is really ridiculous. I will be at Transworld. But I dont go to fight someone who wants to act inmature or just go off on anyone they possibly can over a typed post. Im man enough to say Im sorry if what I typed upset you. In the future dont worry about what I type if what you think or say on here is negative. Because it isnt! Your the only one to ever say that. Im not gonna post on this thread anymore either. Like I said it was unfortunate this happened. I said I felt for the owners of the haunt, and the boys family. I dont think this young actor mother or family would approve of anything thats going on with this particular thread the way it is now.
            Damon
            Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
            X