Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hauntworld Magazine #20.... YOU PICK, YOU TELL ME!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm surprised at that as well!
    www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

What's surprising is that while this is an extremely popular thread (3,341 viewings as of 2am) -- there appears to have only been 66 votes.

It only takes a second or two to vote yinz guys...
      Scott Simmons
      The ScareHouse / Undead Productions Inc.

http://www.scarehouse.com
      http://youtube.com/thescarehouse

Comment

Originally posted by UndeadProd View Post
        What's surprising is that while this is an extremely popular thread (3,341 viewings as of 2am) -- there appears to have only been 66 votes.

It only takes a second or two to vote yinz guys...
        Haha ahhh yes, the western pennsylvanian comes out.... Yinz.... For those of you who aren't from Pittsburgh, that means "you guys"."

Comment

I remember hearing a guy always say "yinz". When he comes up we say that and everyone remembers who I'm talking about. Do they also say "Myan" instead of mine? As in "that's not your it's myan"? Or maybe that's a Northeast PA thing, the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area...

Allan
          Last edited by MDKing; 12-05-2008, 07:03 PM.

Comment

I think Scott has a point here folks... all these views and only 70 or so votes!

When I wake up on Saturday the voting will be closed and I will move onto contacting that group for the story!

If Nightmare New England loses it will be an interesting story because they went from nothing to something all in one year.

Haunted Overload is just as interesting because they went from home haunt to major haunt!

Two different kinds of paths that lead you to pro haunting.

VOTE!

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by MDKing View Post
              I remember hearing a guy always say "yinz". When he comes up we say that and everyone remembers who I'm talking about. Do they also say "Myan" insteam of mine? As in "that's not your it's myan"? Or maybe that's a Northeast PA thing, the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area...

Allan
              Allan you'll never believe me but there is a book out covering what they call 'pittsburghese' totally bizarre. Luckily though I grew up in pitts my mom was an English teacher so I speak properly for the most part!! Haha. Yinz and crick(creek) are two of many... Haha

Comment

NNE for sure!!!!

Working with Tattoo on his videos this past season was awesome. The guy is a genius! What he did with a haunt in one year cant be matched!

Now we have some footage from the past year.......just wait to see their new promos! We are taking it over the top!

These guys need to be featured!
                Pre-Produced and Custom Haunted Attraction TV Commercials at www.elswarro.com

Comment

It's Saturday morning and there's a tie for first. What does that mean?

Comment

Originally posted by shawnc View Post
                    It's Saturday morning and there's a tie for first. What does that mean?
                    Should be interesting to see how this goes down, since according to the part of the forum that tracks who's online (down at the bottom), Larry was online BEFORE Nightmare New England pulled ahead in the polls. Haunted Overload was ahead most of the morning, then NNE pulled ahead around 2:50PM EST... I'll be interesting to see how this all plays out.

I think they both look like cool haunts.... I'd like to see them both get in the magazine!

Comment

Yes I was online but not here, I always leave my computer on. I just got to the message board here and I'm looking at a tie right now. We'll have to keep this voting going until Sunday AM.

So keep voting. Last night when I went to bed it was tied at 38 votes each.

Last time I checked it was tied 41 votes each. Or unless I'm seeing things...

We need someone to vote a tie breaker.

Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                        Yes I was online but not here, I always leave my computer on. I just got to the message board here and I'm looking at a tie right now. We'll have to keep this voting going until Sunday AM.

So keep voting. Last night when I went to bed it was tied at 38 votes each.

Last time I checked it was tied 41 votes each. Or unless I'm seeing things...

We need someone to vote a tie breaker.

Larry
                        Actually, Haunted Overload was ahead most of Saturday morning, then it became a tie in the afternoon, then NNE pulled ahead. It's an epic back and forth struggle... ha ha! But HO was ahead on Saturday morning, the original deadline. I'd like to see both of them get featured. People obviously have a lot of interest in both. Maybe one in #20 and one in #21??

Comment

I just a couple emails from some of the parties involved who want their haunts covered miffed because votes are going up and up and up...

I was watching Missouri get destroyed by Oklahoma and wasn't paying attention but I guess now I will...

Here is the facts, the same exact attraction that was complaining has driven several and I mean SEVERAL new accounts for membership to these boards within the past few days clearly to do nothing more than VOTE FOR THEMSELVES!

Okay... can I assume the other sides did the same thing? I don't know but that didn't stop these people from accusing them of doing it, claming they have emails to prove they did this. I don't know what that means but...

What I do know is none of these polls work when you are asking people to vote on who's the best at something, peoples feelings get hurt when they don't win and fingers starting flying.

This just doesn't work. People cheat!

On my Yellow Pages system, I had ONE vendor who kept voting for himself over and over and over again so he could be the top viewed vendor, when in fact he wasn't. He got called the carpet then got mad at me for calling him to the carpet.

I get haunt owners during the season trying to lower another haunters rating on my site, and others clicking on their profile over and over again so they can be a top 10 viewed, then I take them back down they turn right around and do it again.

LOL

Then someone votes for my attractions to put my attraction in the top 10 I presume to make me look bad to everyone.

Bottom line none of this works, and then I get this nasty emails from people blaming me for something or getting mad at me when they get removed for cheating or whatever.

Just thought I'd share this rant because this INDUSTRY IS NOT READY FOR lists, voting, nothing. It really brings out the worst in everyone.

Here is the bottom line this is ALL 110% my fault no one elses... I should just look for your suggestions, tally up the comments and go from there. I take 110% blame I knew this would happen. I had the experience in dealing with this for the past couple of years and I know what happens. At the tradeshows people come together and love each other but once the Moon comes out in October everything changes.

Larry
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

Well that just sad.
                            come on guys be more proffesional about this kinda stuff, please dont point fingers after i post this. just take it to heart.
                            the industry looks so bad when we cant even do a poll without people acting immature and cheating. (again dont respond with finger pointing or i didnt cheat comments) please just think about it everyone.

nick
                            Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

Nick,

I think people do want to learn more about Haunted Overload he has shared so much with Hauntworld and people want to thank him for his support. Mike who was involved with Nightmare New England shared some realy cool photos a few weeks back, and yes they looked really cool.

People respond to this stuff, people responded to all the info that House of Torment offered the industry, and in turn wanted them as a top 13 attraction.

Well deserved.

However I had to delete like 20 accounts from ONE guy all posting on this board supporting the same attraction over and over again.

Ben Armstrong said to me many times these things don't work, and he's right.

My intentions are to never pit one attraction against another, or to leave people with hard feelings.

Again its my fault I should know better.

Larry
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

I've been a very vocal supporter of one side of this poll (though I think both haunts look cool). It sucks to think someone was cheating. Getting into Haunt World would be good press for whoever won, but it is an industry trade magazine. It's not likely to drive tons of new business to a haunt, since it's targeted towards haunt owners. Is it really worth someone giving up their integrity??

It was kind of fun to rally behind one of the haunts, and watch the "score" change back and forth (like rooting for a favorite sports team). It's really disappointing to hear that someone was cheating.
                                Last edited by DarkTikiEntertainment; 12-06-2008, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X