Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hauntworld Magazine #20.... YOU PICK, YOU TELL ME!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It must be tough to narrow it down because of all the quality haunts out there.

One haunt to consider for the issue after next would be Fright Kingdom. I have personally been to this haunt many times and even acted in it so I get to see what a great operation it is behind the scenes as well. They make vast improvements each season and this year they will really have something to brag about with what I know they have in store with their expansion plans.
    www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Haunted Overload should get the cover.

Haunted Overload has shown some great pics but they just don't do this event justice. I think they should be fully featured in the next issue of HW.

Eric and his team are some of the best people anyone could ever hope to meet in this industry of ours. They have been great friends and they really have shown a level of professonalism second to none when working together with fellow haunters in the NH haunted house association. Heck Eric even came with his chainsaw and a few of his actors to work a summer event we held at our show for free.

Haunted Overload is a real homegrown pro haunt and I think folks in this industry would really enjoy their story.

Good luck Eric.
      Tim Dunne
      www.FrightKingdom.com
      Proud Member of the HHA
      www.HHAssociation.com

Comment

I'm happy that is looks like Haunted Overload is winning by a landslide!

Aside from the fact that the haunt simply looks amazing, with it's giant creatures and legions of real pumpkins, I think a big part of the Haunted Overload story should be about the transition from home haunt to pro. There are so many people who haunt these forums and read the magazine who really and truly want to make that same transition, but feel like it's a nearly impossible dream. I think Haunted Overload could serve as inspiration to a lot of future pro haunters. I hope whoever does the interview really digs deep into this part of the story (assuming Haunted Overload gets featured, that is).
        Last edited by DarkTikiEntertainment; 12-02-2008, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Motograter View Post
          The Realm of Darkness is also a very good haunt. Very big full of lots and lots of Detail. Last winter their whole haunt was flooded due to a busted fire sprinkler that froze up and water poured down for 7 straight days before it was stopped. Now the whole haunt has been revamped, all new rooms, including a large pirate ship and monster cave. This is a very awesome haunt.
          www.therealmofdarkness.com
          I definitely vote for Haunted Overload for the next issue... but for future issues, I couldn't agree more about "Realm of Darkness" from Pontiac, Michigan. I know Erebus (also from MI) often makes the Top 13 Best Haunt List, but for some reason Realm of Darkness does not. I've been going to both haunts for years, and IMHO some years Erebus seems better, and some years Realm of Darkness seems better than Erebus. They go back and forth. Realm of Darkness is definitely deserving of some press, if not a spot on the Top 13 list.
          Last edited by DarkTikiEntertainment; 12-02-2008, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Keep voting its a private vote so vote. I want to wrap this up by no later than the end of this week.

So you have until FRIDAY to cast your votes.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Larry what are the chances that you can get more information from the haunt when covering them? Stuff like square footage, employee numbers, make up artists, set design teams, etc? That might give others like me an idea of what it takes to run these haunts... Not just vague details...? Just a suggestion

Comment

How people make the top 13 list is totally another discussion...

But I will address it for you!

For one people like House of Tourment, Scarehouse, and say Haunted Overload and now you see things from Nightmare New England they are EMBRACING the industry. They are on the forums posting videos, posting photos, helping people, doing seminars, featuring their haunt on things like how to videos and stuff like that. The industry is seeing these things, and they appreciate the things that people share, and enjoy.

You must promote your haunt within the industry it pays dividends for sure.

Remember people like Travel Channel and other groups are members of these boards and they see your photos, videos as well...

SO KEEP PROMOTING YOUR HAUNT!

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                  They are on the forums posting videos, posting photos, helping people, doing seminars, featuring their haunt on things like how to videos and stuff like that. The industry is seeing these things, and they appreciate the things that people share, and enjoy.

You must promote your haunt within the industry it pays dividends for sure.

SO KEEP PROMOTING YOUR HAUNT!

Larry
                  That is good advice. I only say that from a home haunter stand point but thats the kind of stuff im always saying.

You summed it up well!

Comment

I personally voted for nightmare new England!! Why?? i was there and i am very proud i had a small part of it! however for a first year haunt there is nothing! and i mean nothing that can even come close, keep in mind this haunt had the master mind of tattoo as the production manager and more(A.K.A terror on the fox) They had FOUR haunts, a midway, food, putt putt golf, go carts,arcade, and a hole lot of big wigs backing it up!!! And i am sure that is only the beginning....They did figures of what alot of haunts do after 5+ years, something is going on with this haunt.!.!.!.! OH I BELIEVE ITS SUCCESS!!!! No bullshit and staight up 10's all the way.....

Jason Blaszczak

http://screamlinestudios.com

P.S I want all the haunters out there to know i am sure there haunts kick ass as well, but i was not there!!!! I vote NIGHTMARE NEW ENGLAND for best new haunt, and most definitely say best haunt to put in the magazine...
                    Last edited by screamline studios; 12-02-2008, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Keegan,

Let me say my friend (as Kelly would say) that your advice was really really good advice. I think your questions are very valuable and I will take your advice and start asking asking those questions you can bet on it!

Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

FYI...

I AM GOING TO TAKE YOUR WINNER FOLKS... YOU ARE THE EDITOR HERE!

When it comes to the Hauntworld Top 13 List 2009... it will be TOTALLY UP TO YOU GUYS 110%.

Now that I have my voting system working I can create the surveys here on the site the way I want to do them... so YOU WILL PICK, YOU THE SUPPORTER of the magazine NOT ME!

So again keep voting because on Saturday we'll go with your choice NOT mine...

Keep in mind we are featuring another haunted house in this magazine and I did in fact pick that one... you'll hear more about that later!

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                          Keegan,

Let me say my friend (as Kelly would say) that your advice was really really good advice. I think your questions are very valuable and I will take your advice and start asking asking those questions you can bet on it!

Larry
                          I am really looking forward to it! Thanks Larry!

Comment

haunted Overload!!!

Comment

Keep voting.

I'm leaving and when I come back... thats it!

I'll be gone all day and night at The Darkness.

Now I wanted to say we'll have another vote for the next magazine!

Larry
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

Where are the McCurdy votes? He's a legend and has been around nearly 30 years....

Darkangel

Comment

Working...
                                X