No announcement yet.

How many Hauntworld DVD's are there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steven said, "I recommend purchasing any and all things that are haunted house related (videos, magazines, catalogs, etc), "

I totally agree! I believe I have just about every DVD I could find, including the HauntWorld videos. It's been said here before, if you use just one idea you get from the video, magazine or book, it's paid for itself, in most cases many-fold! As a matter of fact, I'm looking forward to spending the winter going through the videos yet again!

Kel
    sigpic
    Kelly Allen
    Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
    www.RaycliffManor.com
    www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
    www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Consider all Sources

Ever since I decided to do haunting, I've been researching everything haunt related from numerous sources. Books, magazines, message boards such as this one, DVDs/videos, audio, networking with other haunters, trade shows, etc. I leave no tomb stone unturned.

Reviewing the above sources of information throughout the week has become standard routine. I honestly couldn't tell you how many times I've watched the videos or read the magazines. Too many times to count. Does this make me an expert? Well, I did stay at a Horror Day Inn Express last night.....

Basically, the idea of setting up and operating a haunted house, hay ride, asylum or any other attraction in our market is nothing new. It's the same thing done different ways from one attraction to another. We're all doing the same scares. If you take the basic ideas (like in Leonard's books for example) mentioned earlier in this thread, you'll probably find that they are being used in attractions all over the planet but tweaked to the haunt owner/operator's standards and adjusted to their themes.

The argument that an idea is either good or bad in this particular industry really depends on how it's delivered to your target audience. Look at the information found in books, videos or at other haunts and ask yourself; "What's missing here?" or "How can I effectively work this scare into my attraction?" Hay rides are pretty similar to each other with very few exceptions. One also has to wonder how long it will be before the chainsaw will no longer be scary because it's used just about everywhere. It's expected.....
      UptownHaunts@aol.com

"Follow the Bloody Brick Road to Nightmare Village"

Comment

Working...
      X