Fright automation units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boo boxs

Here is my thinking I have over 30 boo-boxs in our haunts. Do you want your actor who is in make-up and costume standing there flipping switches or do you want to give him the best opportunity to scare people. The boo-box is by far the best and easiest thing I have ever used. They even hold up outside. The can control (8) separate outputs (lighting, sound, 24v, 9v, 12v, 120v, with built in 40w amp.) It even has a pre-amp plug to use for amplied props.

You can set the timing up perfect because you can record in real time with a photo eye or give him a remote. We do both. Our actors love it. While (8) functions are happening he can evaluate his exact timing for his scare and not worry about flipping a switch.

Also (1) boo-box has (2) triggered inputs so you can use (1) for (2) rooms.

Comment

Haunt controllers

If you need 1 to 3 programmable channels, Terror By Design has a 3 channel puppetmaster easily programmed. Haunted Village also carries the 1 or two channel Maestro units similar to TBD's units. If you need more than 3 channels, Gilderfluke has a 4 or 8 channel minibrick (although you need to program the 8-channel unit with easy-to-use software, you can program the 4 channel unit with on-board push buttons)...any specific questions, e-mail me offlist at craig@craigsrobotics.com.

Comment

Nobody has softer software than is found in my head.
        I activate one scare only when the patron is looking at it. I activate another scare only after the first person in the line is half-way passed it.
        I operate one scare with absolute silence, inches from the their face with lights on. (Not the haunted pants zipper!)
        Another prop only gets used when everyone's attention is focused upon me (somehow I sense these things?)
        Some items never happen because a small child has went "WAAA!" and I really would like the opportunity to entertain them, Mother and child because putting this house into their memory banks with a pleasant feeling about it is the most valuable "advertising" ever found.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Even so, you can add a manual trigger to an automation and set it off at your timing, I would just figure a single-acting popup is a bit dull. Wouldn't you rather have something that jumps and thrashes a bit? That's where the timers come in. But Jim I can see your point 100%, it's better to have, for example, 5 well placed scares than 15 random ones.
          - - Luke - -

Comment

Working...
          X