Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So now the Vote.. Who are you voting for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larry Larry Larry

It is NOT $250,000 GROSS, but net taxable income. Much different scenario. Much larger gross needed to get to that number. McCain seems to have a reality problem, too.

I agree with you that no one's taxes should be raised in these times or any times.

Now, about those handouts. George W Bush's Treasury Secretary (Paulson for you 77% that doesn't know his name) just got 700 BILLION, yes BILLION in handouts approved by congress and signed by W into law for the richest companies and people in America to save us all!!!! And how about AIG's $ 400,000 party, huh! Nice handout there. Course people want to call that a perk, instead.

The estimate today for W's deficit this year was just raised from a record 450 Billion dollars to over a TRILLION ! In one year! Even the most conservative of Republican writers were voicing their displeasure with W a couple of years ago in his spending mode, with higher taxes called for by them to pay for it.

Look it up, Clinton had the lowest unemployment rate of the last five presidents, a suplus budget four of eight years, and reformed welfare. No one seems to remember slick Willie did more than Monica!

I am a conservative Democrat at heart. In my community, (Dan Quayle's hometown- 80% Republican) back in 2000, they proposed three new schools and a additional gym at the high school. There was much discussion and the old timers called for building what they could afford, slowly, but the attorney for the schools had the admin and board convinced that the newly elected (never had an elected before then) would stop the building projects. The last appointed board had to approve them and the bonds sale before the last meeting before the elected board took over. Property taxes nearly doubled in this county in four years. And that attorney, he made somewhere in the neighborhood of 2-4 million dollars (legally) from the bond sale.

Congrats Larry, you most likely are in that net income bracket.

But, McCain votes against Joe the plumber every time, just check his voting record. And now we find out that Joe the plumber is not really legally a plumber, but would be considered a plumbers helper. But at $40 grand per year, he's doing pretty good. Until the country becomes a "Right to Work for LESS" state like Arizona. Those are the states whose workers, like Joe the plumber's helper, make on average $ 102 less per week than those states that are not "Right to Work for LESS".

Larry, when I get to the $ 250,000 net income level, I won't want my taxes increased, but in the top 3 %, I think I'll be able to get by.

And for the notion all politicians are whatever, I think the lobbyists have cut off the American public from their representatives with their money. SAD.

But I respect every one's opinion and urge all to VOTE! That is something every citizen should do.
    Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
    Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

----------------
      Last edited by Jordan24; 09-15-2013, 07:14 PM. Reason: was an ass 4 years ago...
      Jordan Renda
      www.NightTerrorsHauntedHouse.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan24 View Post

As far as Obama's income tax plan. Only about 55% of American even pay income taxes.

Can you please cite the source of this claim?

Thanks,
        Sarah
        Sarah Meier
        Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
        "Words they remember you by"

Comment

Originally posted by Haunting Copy View Post
          Can you please cite the source of this claim?

Thanks,
          Sarah
          I would be interested in seeing that as well, sounds like bs to me.

Comment

"When we combine the populations of non-payers and non-filers and look to see what overall percentage of each group is not paying taxes, we find that: 50.7 percent of African American households pay no income taxes, 35.5 percent of Asian American households do not, 37.6 percent of White American households do not, and roughly 52 percent of Hispanics pay no income taxes. "

This data is based on 2004 tax information... http://www.taxfoundation.org/research/show/542.html

Read more truths at http://www.taxfoundation.org/

---Patti
            Did you know...The HauntWorld Online Haunt Directory networks with ALL of these websites to bring you the BEST possible results for increasing your haunt business:
            www.HauntWorld.com
            www.HauntedHouseOnline.com
            www.FindHauntedHouses.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com
            It's the most comprehensive online ad campaign you can buy! I'd love to earn your advertising business. Email me today at blacklightminigolf@sbcglobal.net.

Comment

Originally posted by Patti Ludwinski View Post
              "When we combine the populations of non-payers and non-filers and look to see what overall percentage of each group is not paying taxes, we find that: 50.7 percent of African American households pay no income taxes, 35.5 percent of Asian American households do not, 37.6 percent of White American households do not, and roughly 52 percent of Hispanics pay no income taxes. "

This data is based on 2004 tax information... http://www.taxfoundation.org/research/show/542.html

Read more truths at http://www.taxfoundation.org/

---Patti
              Sure doesn't seem like 55% to me...
              EDIT: I read that website and it looks like 32.4% in 2004, so my suspicions were correct.

Additionally, I think it is safe to say that Obama was speaking of households who do indeed pay taxes, as he is not a TOTAL moron.
              Last edited by WeAreTheUnion; 10-16-2008, 04:08 PM.

Comment

I never said it was 55%. Jordan (I think) did. I'm just giving you some new data.

---Patti
                Did you know...The HauntWorld Online Haunt Directory networks with ALL of these websites to bring you the BEST possible results for increasing your haunt business:
                www.HauntWorld.com
                www.HauntedHouseOnline.com
                www.FindHauntedHouses.com
                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com
                It's the most comprehensive online ad campaign you can buy! I'd love to earn your advertising business. Email me today at blacklightminigolf@sbcglobal.net.

Comment

-------------
                  Last edited by Jordan24; 09-15-2013, 07:14 PM. Reason: was an ass 4 years ago
                  Jordan Renda

Comment

KFI News radio in LA cited a government report that showed that approximately 40% of Americans do not pay taxes. These are mostly middle income low wage earners or new businesses. The reason for this is that they have so many write offs that they just don't owe anything. I'm sure that number adjusts a little each year but 40% seem to be fairly accurate according to the news report. Hope that helps resolve that issue.

Secondly, who you vote for is a deeply personal decision. While I'm not about to tell ANYONE who they should vote for, I would advise everyone to really go online and investigate the fact vs. the fiction spewed out by each campaign. This is one of the most important election in decades because of how it will affect the future of our economy and stability of our nation. PLEASE take the time to learn the fact about each candidate, then make and informed vote for whoever you think will best lead this country going forward.

My name is Tim Turner of Ghoulish Gallery, Inc. and I approve this massage...oops, Freudian slip!

Comment

Originally posted by Nightgore
                      Jordan,

Low taxes? How about NO TAXES!! It is unconstitutional that our income be taxed! You see, the 16th ammendment was NEVER ratified and does not allow the taxation of personal income.

So, both candidates, who WILL raise taxes no matter what they are force feeding you, are in a word unconstitutional candidates... All though, both have SWORN to protect it... from enemies foreign..

AND DOMESTIC!!!

REVOLUTION!! -Tyler
                      Tyler, this is a common argument and has been in the courts time and time again.

http://www.nhne.org/news/NewsArticle...2/Default.aspx

In haunted love,
                      Sarah
                      Sarah Meier

Comment

Hey, I think me and Lurker and Smiley and Elswarro are gonna go vote real quick and then go have a drink.

Love to all,
                        Sarah
                        Sarah Meier

Comment

Stop Watching Fox News!

I cant believe what i am reading.
                          1. Stop watching fox news!
                          2. Educate yourself. (Read, Watch another news source.)
                          3. Listen to Ralph Narder or Ron Paul speak.

Mccain is going to bring this country to its bloody bloody knees!
                          You have to ask yourself one question do you really want Sarah running this country?
                          sigpic
                          PEACE, ADAM
                          www.poisonprops.com

Comment

-----------------
                            Last edited by Jordan24; 09-15-2013, 07:13 PM. Reason: was an ass 4 year ago...
                            Jordan Renda

Comment

Jordan,

Vote third party! You do have a choice! -Tyler
                              Chris Riehl
                              Sales@spookyfinder.com
                              (586)209-6935
                              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Once again stop watching FOX NEWS, CNN & NBC.
                                Its ALL sensationalized for your viewing pleasure.

How can make a fair choice if your only listening to the far RIGHT or LEFT.
                                You have to find another source of media.
                                sigpic
                                PEACE, ADAM
                                www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Working...
                                X