Spookywoods Set Photos 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great job Tony,

You guys and your haunt are such an inspiration. Hope you and Donna are doing well!

Allan

Comment

The Tomb Guards - Anubus

Anubus Suits avaiable at IAAPA next month!

Last edited by twohlgemuth; 10-06-2008, 09:54 PM.
      Tony Wohlgemuth,
      Comes up with the fun stuff!
      Kersey Valley, Inc.
      www.KerseyValley.com

Comment

We do have one known Horror Icon

One of our queue line characters is over 6ft tall and does a great job of chasing the fastest kids down.

Red Creek Valley Ghost Town - Phase one of a three year build plan. This will become Christmas town in winter!

The Casket Maker - AKA Joh Harp

The Tram Jumpers - The look on their faces says is all. I love my job!
        Last edited by twohlgemuth; 10-06-2008, 06:44 PM.
        Tony Wohlgemuth,
        Kersey Valley, Inc.
        www.KerseyValley.com

Comment

Just a few quick questions...

1) Do your haunt building have roofs? I notice some (like the cabin) seem to have some kind of open-air design, while others (like the vampire lair) appear to have a solid roof. Are any of these roof designs problems when it comes to the Fire Marshal? Do they require sprinkler systems? Do these buildings stand all year, with the props removed?

2) How did you build the foundation for your shops/ATM? It appears that they all share one slab of concrete, but it's tough to tell from the photo. It almost appears to be sitting on top of the ground, like it could be mobile? Do these buildings stand all year, with the contents removed?

Your Spookywoods look simply amazing!

Thanks!
          TODD

Comment

Hi Todd,

The fire Marshall was on the design board as we always consult him on our plans. He wanted the eves of the roof to be open on each side as not to contain smoke. They are all under the sprinkler code in size.

The shops are all built on skids to be able to move them. The shops are for employees only so they are not for customers to enter.

I'm all about Christmas now, LOL . Check out www.kerseyvalleychristmas.com
            Tony Wohlgemuth,
            Kersey Valley, Inc.
            www.KerseyValley.com

Comment

Freakin AWESOME as always Tony! You never cease to amaze me with the quality and professionalism! You're one hell of a nice guy on top of it! Thanks for sharing the awe-inspiring pictures my friend!

Kel
              sigpic
              Kelly Allen
              Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
              www.RaycliffManor.com
              www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
              www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Same here Tony. Thanks a lot for the pictures. They are inspiring and give me some good thoughts on some set design ideas.

And I like the theme song for you Christmas website!
                Brad Bowen
                Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Originally posted by twohlgemuth View Post

The shops are for employees only so they are not for customers to enter.
                  That awesome-looking tee-shirt shop is for employees only?! Interesting.

Comment

The shops are designed for walk up shopping only. You misunderstood my statement.
                    Tony Wohlgemuth,
                    Kersey Valley, Inc.
                    www.KerseyValley.com

Comment

Oh... I see! I just took a better look at the exterior photo. I was so busy admiring the interior shots that I failed to see the "walk-up window" style set-up of the shops.

I must say, your haunt looks amazing, and so do your shops. I think I'm going to have to take a trip out to see it all in person.
                      Last edited by DarkTikiEntertainment; 11-24-2008, 11:29 AM.

Comment

That looks really cool Tony! I just posted about protecting your stuff while outside from animals and the damage they can cause, any advice you do down there to keep things from being destroyed?

Thanks,
                        Darkangel

Comment

Screw everything down and have infra red cameras with a employee watching the show at all times while open. We normally can detect the dumb ones in advance and head them off from destroying our stuff.

I use www.supercircuits.com for all my camera equipment.

Smearing vaseline on the props helps keep sticky fingers from wanting to take our props as well.
                          Tony Wohlgemuth,
                          Kersey Valley, Inc.
                          www.KerseyValley.com

Comment

Thanks Tony, I was referring to actual animals like mice, racoons, etc getting into your stuff and chewing at things, damaging them. I have noticed mice chewing into several things already and I hesitate to store things on the property for fear of this. Any suggestions to that end Tony. anyone?

Darkangel

Comment

Awesome pics

Tony,

Pics look great, awesome work, very impressive, especially in a "outdoor" haunt. Would love to see it someday.

Chris
                              Chris Stafford
                              1331 Entertainment Group
                              Denver Haunted Houses - The Asylum & 13th Floor Haunted House http://www.getscared.com
                              13th Floor Haunted House - San Antonio, Texas http://www.13thfloorsanantonio.com
                              13th Floor Haunted House - Phoenix, Arizona http://www.13thflooraz.com

Comment

WOW those are just mind blowing!!!! Makes me want to take a visit all the way from Michigan sometime. I think it would be worth the money and drive!
                                ~Bill Mlinac
                                The Deadland Haunted House
                                www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
                                www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X