Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Based on an argument going on.. How many here are christians?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christian

Practicing Catholic here. I'm gonna keep practicing 'til I get it right.
    UptownHaunts@aol.com

"Follow the Bloody Brick Road to Nightmare Village"

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Barnabus View Post
      I did however find the perfect religious place for me. I call it doing the right thing. I admit I do believe in God, however, to what extent I am not sure about any longer. I do not believe in organized religion, since there are those things that each one has that I may not agree with. I live my life the best I can. I try to do what I think is right. There are times that I do pray. I only go to church for weddings, funerals, special occasions, and my most favorite is on Christmas (I love listening to the organ and the choir).

I've had things happen in my life where my opinions have changed over the years. I have also talked to and listened to religious people of different faiths tell me about why their religion/faith/church is the only way to go. If all of these faiths differ so much, than the question arrises about if there really is a God. And how about this Bible that was written so long ago. Who put the Bible together. These various writers of the Bible did not write everything down from day to day; They remebered it years later. And once again I ask, who put this book together?
      Agreed 110%. And why do most christians say that the physical church is the only appropriate place to worship. Why can I not love and thank god when I step outside during the first warm-ish day of spring. Or anytime my family and I travel by car and arrive safely at our destination.

One of my BIGGEST pet peeves and still the #1 reason I don't attend church regularly is the collection. I understand that churches cannot operate without funds, but keep the guilt trip out of the service. Based on family size and income, the government would classify me as poverty stricken. I would say lower middle class, because we are modest people, but the point is, if I could give, I would.

People have told me that I am a "Lazy Christian" or a "Fair Weather Christian" or simply not a christian at all because I rarely attend church and I do not donate when I do go. I feel like the church asks a lot of people considering the state of the world. It's like it's not enough to put your life in the hands of something that cannot be seen and to be a good person and to do-unto-others and to BELIEVE... Faith is faith.

There are all kinds of arguments on the subject of the bible. I don't wanna go near that discussion.
      To look meant danger, to smile meant death!

Comment

I do recall the Bible having a part about where two or more are gathered, I am there. This has been translated for years that you do not have to gather at a church, or religious place of worship.

I've been on a few mission trips before and learned many things along the way. I went to San Buenaventura, Chihuahua Mexico, where we helped to build a bible college, cleaned up and painted a childrens playground, and many other things. I've also gone on a trip somewhere in Texas in a large city where we went into the projects area to help clean up a neighborhood and plant flower gardens. We heard plenty of gunshots and even found a kid about eight years old with a loaded pistol. I went on a trip to our nations capitol, Washington DC, to attend a major youth conference.

On one of these trips I recall making a comment to a girl on the trip about God being a female. She came unglued cause she claims God is most definately a male. But how do we know what God is? I always thought God was everything- male, female, white, black, purple, etc.

And about the church collections....A guy I know who is a business owner, an EMT, and a family man. His family always goes to church for as long as I have known him. One day, he missed church because of family matters. The following week when they went to their church (which they have been members of for well over twenty years), the preacher talked to them after services and had the odacity to say that they were not at services last week and still need to pay their ten percent into the collection plate. Yep...The nerve of the preacher bringing that up. Needless to say, the family switched to a different church after more than twenty years.
        Steven
        Rolling Thunder Productions

A Tisket A Tasket, They Put Me In This Casket!!

Comment

Very Interesting!

A radio show a few days ago was saying that Jesus was a Communist.
          He was trying to redistribute the wealth, make those with boo-coo bucks help the poor and miserable, just because people should not needlessly suffer.
          Remember Jesus in the temple tipping over the money lender's tables?
          I had an ex who once told me she wanted to be just like Jesus!
          "So you want to starve wandering in the desert wearing only a bedsheet?And how about that crucify -thing?"
          Life was simpler in those days and lifestyle choices were few.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I can't help but agree with most of what's being said here. Forhe longest time I have said that Christians are their own worst enemies. We do more to hurt our own cause than anyone else. All I can say is please don't judge Christ by those who are called by his name. We can never do his message justice the way that the actual scriptures can. Christians are just people trying to follow Christ's example and his teachings. We screw it up all the time because we're human. Some go above and beyond the normal to make fools of themselves (Westboro Baptist) but for the most part we are simply believers trying to live out our faith. If you really want to understand our motivation and the awesome love that God showed through the sacrifice of His Son you have to go to the Bible.

I get so tired of hearing the same neative thigns said about my faith...and it's not because non-Christians keep bringing them up but because Christians keep doing the same stupid things. All Christians need to remember that we are called to live like Christ. Sure, we'll mess up sometimes (I know I do) but calling yourself by His name is not something that should be taken lightly. If you say you are a Christian then you need to live as a Christian. I'd bet that Christians turn more people away from Christ then any non-Christians do. We need to think about that. We need to be Christ's hands and feet.
            Kip Polley
            www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
            We Engineer Fear

Comment

Day in, day out, treat people right,
              Sleep soundly at night
              A quiet soul
              No fight.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Christian here. I have gotten all my talents from God. I am truly blessed. I will never deny it and, if need be, I'll shout it from the rooftops.

monkey swinging?

I had a hooker ask me if my "Monkey needed Swinging" I had no idea what she meant.

As for the drunk guy at the party. He should wait til he sobers up before apologizing. BTW we do live in the greatest country in the world.

Freedom of speech baby! I have to live with a lot a crap that annoys me to enjoy freedom of speech.

Timmy
                KroneDaddy
                Hauntus Emeritus
                Founding Board Member I.A.H.A.
                Author "The Complete Haunted House Book"

We'll make your house everything you've ever HAUNTED!

Comment

6 pages of this aghhhh
                  Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

But admit it, you really liked the part when the nazi guy opened up the box and that ray of light melted his face off didn't you!? Ain't those old stories just incredibly entertaining! Somebody should make a movie about them!

"Gimme that old time religion!"
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Phoenix you said
                      "Id too would like to thank Shane for his apology accepting people different beliefs and values is an increasingly important quality in the modern world where there is currently so much death and turmoil over intolerance."

Being British yourself, would it be hard for you to justify the intolerances of Protestants towards Catholics the past 500 years? When do you think the next time we'll see a Catholic be included in the UK's Monarchy? NEVER! At the whim of a selfish madman, King Henry, Protestants turned on what they were for more than a thousand years prior and those intolerances followed both religions over here to America, ask the Irish, Poles, and other Catholic immigrants who wanted to find a job and support their families but "needed not apply" for those jobs for obvious reasons.

I think you'll find that Americans are a lot more tolerant than other countries give us credit for...

Comment

Bible Belt

I live in the buckle of the Bible Belt; we have vast populations of hot and heavy in your face Christians, also a lot of Catholics, and Jews. It's a mid-major city so we have a nice spectrum.

I'm a Christian, dare I say a 'quiet Christian'. I have faith, it's very personal and I tend to keep it that way, lest I wade into some conjecture ridden pissing contest thread. I tend to be a bit Libertarian about it, you do your thing I'll do mine. Similar to the legal maxim, 'you may swing your fists about wildy for hours on end; you will hear not a word from me, however, when your fist touches my nose I will respond.'

To me faith and religion are dotted line connected, not hard wired. Growing up in the Real South taught me that when you meet the overtly, proudly, loudly religious hide your wallet.

Also, I can do a mean televangelist.

...mean zombie, mean zombie televangelist?? No we're making progress.

Post Script:

I know Sam Yeiblotz, I worked with Sam Yeiblotz, hell I dated Sam Yeiblotz; You sir are no Sam Yeiblotz. She can work a mean zombie teleprompter believe you me.
                        Last edited by Twin Locusts; 06-24-2009, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Wow this post was made a long time ago and is still at the top of the forum, definately my most popular post!

Thanks for your input!

-Zack Cooper
                          www.shreddershalloweenscreampark.com
                          INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

I am a christian and proud of it. I try to be an example to the other young women haunters around me and try to portray it in my attitude and actions, i hope that it is noticible.

Im very glad though to share this industry with christians and non christians alike. Im just glad that this industry is such a positive one. And im glad that this industry gives a positive outlet to so many kids and younger people who really love it.

Jackie
                            Rotting Flesh Radio
                            Haunt Hottie
                            “Happiness is the sublime moment when you step out of your corset at the end of the night.”

“Actors love mental disorders, dialects, and corsets. Give them one of the three and they're happy.”

Comment

I, too, am Christian and am not ashamed to say it. God is THE MOST important thing to me. However, I, like many other Christians I'm sure, catch myself far too often not showing the world how important He really is to me. It's a daily struggle to do so. With every passing moment and every word I speak, there is always a choice. It's a work in progress to act in ways that please God 100% of the time but there is nothing in this world that can match the joy, peace, love, and mercy that He gives me. It's indescribable.
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm Christian!!
                                O'Shawn McClendon
                                Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

Working...
                                X