Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Based on an argument going on.. How many here are christians?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shane, I read your post several times. Each time I chuckled a bit. I did so because I think that you truly believe that you're being 'big' here.

I think what you're actually doing is trying to kill this thread.

And you're doing that because it's becoming clear to you that it is you, a 'fighter in God's army', who is looking increasingly petty and venal.

If God is telling you to lay down your sword and back away He is doing so because He knows that you are doing Him no service.

A rational debate--even if both sides come away unconvinced of the others veracity--is far preferable for the cause than the hurled or snide insults that offer no insight or reasoned rebuttal.

Does your God wish you to spresd His message in 'other ways' because you can't engage in a reasonable debate with a non-Christian?

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
      Jack,

we get it, you're Pagan you don't believe in Christianity we're stealing YOUR Holidays yada yada yada. You're going in circles, start a new thread about Paganism and see if you can scrape up one or two people who still follow those beliefs. I'm not knocking you for your beliefs, you're free to worship as you see fit.

Darkangel
      Interesting. I thought we were having a rational conversation.

Comment

• Well, we WERE, but its time to move on start a Pagan thread if you desire to drum up more dicussion.

Darkangel

Comment

• Wow...theres alot of yelling going on in this post, Name calling and what not..I wanna play too but dont wanna read all 14 pages...sooooo...

WHERE IS MY PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY SANDWICH YOU DOODY HEAD!
          Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

• DOODY HEAD!!! now wait a minute here mam...mist...tater I have worked very hard to graduate to &%$@ Head so you will address me as that. And we are serving Bologna sandwiches so enjoy!!!!!
            sigpic

Comment

• Hey I read your post and i never said they had to remain silent, they can be here if they want, but what the hell is up with the complaining and fights from you people? I am all for having your own opinion but when you get pissed I added a no option its just plain retarded! THIS WAS A SIMPLE QUESTION, MY GOD!!

Originally posted by HauntPhReAk View Post
              Shane,

I'm an appalled Christian now. You are an embarrassment to Christians everywhere. I think the video you posted must be your self-portrait. It's certainly not meant for the non-Christians as you claim because they are not allowed to do anything except vote in this poll and then go away and remain silent, according to you and shredman.

What's next? Will you have separate bathrooms for Christians and non-Christians because that is the line of thinking you are presenting. Shame on you for taking us back to a time of segregation! We have worked and continue to work very hard to get past ALL segregation in America, whether it's based on religion, race, whatever.

How many people who WERE your friends before this mess are non-Christians? Did you ever stop to think about that? Many people are non-Christian. Are you willing to give up friendships with all of those who are not Christian? That is what you are spouting.

Grow up and be more open-minded. Whatever happened to turning the other cheek rather than fighting about everything? Stop with the name-calling NOW. You are NOT exhibiting Christian behavior. I think God and Jesus Christ would be ashamed.
              INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

• Originally posted by shredman View Post
                Just to clear things up, this thread is only for christians. Many are complaining that I added a place for non christians of whatever sort to vote, how couldn't I? my question was simple, I wanted to see how many were christians, not how many weren't, but to get that option,. I had to add a no, or I wouldn't get the same results.
                If you are a non believer thank you for voting, but quit your complaining, this thread is for christian haunters.
                Shredman,

I want to try to clear something up and then hopefully we can let this thread rest in peace (with Michael Jackson), where I believe it belongs.

My quote that you posted above this one is from a few days ago, and we've come a long way since then. I still stand by everything I said, but I do want to apologize if I hurt anyone's feelings in the process because that certainly was not my intention.

I was never one who was upset that you had added a "no" option to the poll. I was upset with the way those who were not Christians were being spoken to, being called names, and being told repeatedly to go away and not respond on this thread, when all threads at HauntWorld are actually open to all members here. I finally had enough of the name-calling and belittling of others, so I spoke out, and in the process, I came across as a real jerk, so again I apologize for that. And you did say that this thread was for Christians only (see your quote above), but I'm way past that, so let's not keep hashing it over.

I'm only posting this to apologize and to let you all know that Shane PM'd me and let me know that he wanted to respond when more was said after his apology, but he has been big enough not to respond, and I'm hoping that's what we will all do from here on out. Shane apologized, I apologize, and I'm sure we will all be better off without anymore arguments on this thread.

So how about it everyone? Let's all call a giant truce and stop bringing back this thread that just won't go away...

Last edited by HauntPhReAk; 07-17-2009, 08:00 PM.
                They call me PhReAk for a reason...

Comment

• i apologize...
                  INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

• Well said, HauntPhReAk

And this will be my last post on this thread.

I responded to Shane apology negatively because I didn't feel it had sincerity. It felt like it finally got through to him just how petty he was appearing and he had to do something.

And with good reason. Terms like 'blackballing' and 'you aren't going to last long' were bandied about.

So he decided to be 'big' about things. But you don't do that by saying 'I'm going to be big about this...' Just saying that let's everyone know that you feel you're 'doing the right thing' because everyong you've been insulting deserved it--but they won't just shut up and let you declare yourself the 'winner'.

So I didn't see his apology as being 'big'.

If he'd said

'I've been rough, and rude and nasty to some people here, and that really doesn't further the message of my faith--or the spirit of this forum, and I'm sorry. I can't agree to 'live and let live' because it is part of my faith to tell you my beliefs, and help you save your soul, but I can try to do so without being so insulting.'

I'd have accepted it without question and let the thread die.

But that's not what happened--instead I expect Shane really wanted to respond to what I said with annoyance--if not outright anger. It's even possible he said as much to you in that PM.

I'm sad that this went the way it did. I had some faint hope that the pagan and Christian sides of the haunt community could have discussed their places in the industry, could have come to a greater understanding and possibly allowed the door of that broom closet to open a bit further without fear of alienating friends or losing jobs.

Shane, if you'd like to PM me and see what comes of it, I'm more than willing.

And, like you, I'm off this thread...

Comment

• Jack,

Whether you felt Shane's apology was sincere or not is irrelavant, it was an apology nonetheless. Also, you spoke of the Christian and Pagan sides of the industry, but it appears you are the only representative of the Pagan side. Times have changes since the past 2000 years.

Put this topic to bed please its haunting time!

Darkangel

Comment

• It seems to me that both sides are angry at each other and need to cool off. Looking back at the posts, it appears a Christian wanted to find out how many others were out there, and they posted a survey question. (I was surprised by the high Christian numbers.) Instead of reading it and moving on, some sharp shooters started attacking a poster, suggesting he was being non-inclusive and mean, etc. etc. "I'm offended" blah blah blah. Having survived a decade or so in ubber politically correct California, I'm so tired of hearing that gripe. It is usually just a pretext for someone else grabbing the microphone and preaching themselves, doing the exact thing they are accusing the other person of. Dudes, turn the other cheek! If someone wants to give a "shout out" to others in their community, LET THEM. And if you're not part of that group, don't complain, just start your own poll for the atheists, Jews, Muslims, Pagans, or whoever else on another thread. But let's not use this forum to pick fights. Us it to focus on what we all have in common (haunt ideas), not debates and wedge issues.

And that reminds me, how many of you guys voted for Obama?

(Just kidding! The only thing more pointless to argue about than religion is politics, especially here!)
                        Last edited by monsterwax; 12-04-2009, 03:53 PM.
                        www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

• Dead Horse?

My dear why are you bringing this issue back up? It has been dead for while, lets not pick at the scab, might cause an infection.
                          ~WelchWitch

Comment

• Originally posted by monsterwax View Post
                            And that reminds me, how many of you guys voted for Obama?

(Just kidding! The only thing more pointless to argue about than religion is politics, especially here!)
                            I'm not too thrilled about bringing this thread back to top with another post, but let's face it this seems to be a thread everyone is reading. I'm not posting this to take a side though. This whole thing, not to mention a thread last year that turned into a big blowup over politics, reminds me of a long standing policy at another industry forum (different industry, but not unlike this place in terms of size). They had one big rule, absolutely no posts about religion or politics. Some may see this as censorship, but personally I think that's something that should be adopted here. It's not that you're not entitled to an opinion. It's that this is an industry forum. There is a time and place for such discussions, but unless whether you're a Christian or a Pagan or something else truly impacts how you and everyone else do business, then it should have no business being discussed here. I may not have a huge post count or be a major player in this industry or know half the people here personally, but that's just my 2 cents.

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here. Just trying to get my point across, because let's be honest, another thread about religion or politics is bound to come up again.
                            -Rob

Audio Guru
                            Lighting Designer

Comment

• Barber School Graduates.

Were advised to be a successfull barber to NOT discuss Religion or Politics many years ago, back in the good ol days.
                              This must be impossible in some countrys where the two are completly wrapped up in one package together, all the time.
                              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

• Problems with HW Forum?

This thread keeps appearing as new and that is why people still post on it. It just showed as new for me and Jim posted 1 day ago and it says he posted 17 hours ago. This is why people post, it appears to be still new. Monsterwax posted on it because it showed as new and he thought it was. I bet you my broom on it!
                                ~WelchWitch

Comment

Working...
                                X