Wall Street Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wall Street Journal

I (Larry) just did an incredible interview with the Wall Street Journal about our industry...they contacted me through www.HauntedHouseAssociation.org and I turned what was going to be a very small article into a major article about our industry, and turned them onto several vendors, and other haunters in our industry.

I think it was my single best interview I've ever done to promote our industry!

I was actually pretty proud of myself, and felt I did a pretty good job giving the Wall Street Journal a ton of info about our industry, how our industry fueled and continues to fuel the retail side, how we got the whole adult side of the business going, you name it.

It was great. I hope to see this article soon! As with every year, I do everything I can to promote OUR WHOLE industry and will continue to do so!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

On-line?

Larry, did they tell you whether the article was going to appear online
    (i.e., for free)?

Congratulations, by the way!

Sarah
    Sarah Meier
    Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
    "Words they remember you by"

Comment

Way To Go!

I hope they don't "bury" the story under dire headlines of the current economic fiasco. Who knows, maybe it will be excellant escapism reading right now in that particulair paper.
      Just two nights ago I did an on-line interveiw with a magazine out of England, it might be an on-line mag.?
      When my Dad was in England during WW2 some people thought he was "important" because of the "field" with the last name...they might not think that anymore........
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Congratulations on the article!

A thought ocurred to me a couple of weeks ago when I was thinking about the bad economy and everyone here feeling that they were still going to have a good year: Pro haunts are really good for the U.S. economy. The owners and employees are U.S. citizens and will spend most of their money here. You provide customers with unique, relatively low-priced entertainment. And most of the things in the haunts are made here in this country.

There may be components in the props that are made in other countries (probably China) but think for a minute about how much of the stuff you own was made right here in the United States.

This could be an idea for a followup article in the WSJ.

Comment

good work son haha
          Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

When does it print? Didnt you have an interview and article with them last year too. I would like to see it. Tell us how. Great job by the way.
            Damon
            Damon Carson

Comment

I think the Wall Street Journal's policy if they are to give you a second interveiw is to demand nude pictures of you for their center fold out.
              If you balk at doing this, they will send over some big strong men to make this happen, be prepared Larry.
              Happy Halloween! Boo! hahahaha!
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
              X