Dream Reapers Trolls 08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KEN,

I think they look great!!! good for you i always knew you kicked major ass and i am glad more haunt folks now realize it too...

Jason blaszczak

http://screamlinestudios.com

p.s did i see a piece of screamline history in one of those pics HAHAHA
    Last edited by screamline studios; 09-05-2008, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Wow!

They look great guys!! They look just as good (if not better) than the CGI Lord of the rings characters! Sweet as hell!
      Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

if those came up to me in the middle of a haunt im pretty sure i would pee myself - they are awesome

Comment

Update

Well time for a little update.

Due to a few requests.....it looks like we will be having a few of these bad doggies at TW.

I recently found a supplier of armor that we have teamed up with and will be doing a few.................KILLER SUITS

Funny thing?.......everytime I wore my suit this year......I had someone take a swing.
          Now for those of you who know me......I am not a small guy.
          I have no idea what the idiot was thinking when he swung at me.....but it ended very badly for him. I just walked right through him with a slight shoulder smash to the face.
          Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

Very nice, no matter how offen I come to this site I always see some great stuff. Theres a lot of talent out there for sure.
            Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

You guys should get a booth at the show and sell those full sized costumes... I'm sure those would be a huge hit!!!!!

What do you think Ken? You guys up for that?

I'd be interested in some I can tell you that!

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Ken is bringing some suits to the show Larry....

Allan

Comment

They look most excellent! 8)
                  missjayne
                  Netherworld Haunted Attractions
                  http://www.fearworld.com/

Comment

Yes

Let your nose find the suits at TW!
                    We already have a 10X20 booth under ...... SINISTER SCENTS
                    Hmmm....I am dumb at times....an idea? How can we do smelly costumes???
                    Now Kevin will really say I stink

Comment

Ken,

This industry needs MORE companies selling costumes not less... so I think from the haunted house owners opinion we'd be happy to see and hear that you are making costumes and selling them at the show. I think all haunts need to buy more costumes.

I can't say anything but I know a couple more companies that are going to sell costumes as well. There will be a lot of people selling costumes at the show this year. This is a NEED area for all haunted houses.

Remember every haunted house anywhere from 30 to 50 to 100 actors so vendors can't make enough costumes, and this industry can support several vendors selling costumes.

No one is going to be hurt by that.

Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

hmmm

no no Larry.......smells......and costumes?
                        what would be better than scented costumes and creatures?

theres a new level

kevin calls us the stink guys....it is a joke

Comment

So you are saying at Transworld you will be selling costumes? How many different ones will you be selling...any price ranges yet?

I'm interested to hear more!

Larry
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

Ken,
                            Don't worry.
                            I love you guys.
                            Just do beautiful work and deliver on time.
                            If you do that then you will make us proud.
                            We have alot of new stuff coming to the show to so we can come to each others booths and we can ohhhhhhhh and ahhhhhhhhhhh each other.

Cooperative competition is a good thing. It just forces us to up the bar.
                            Kevin R. Alvey
                            info at gore-galore.com
                            www.gore-galore.com
                            www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                            www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                            www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

I will say the same thing I've been saying for years... THIS INDUSTRY NEEDS MORE COSTUME COMPANIES PERIOD! WE NEED A TON MORE!

First off I don't really see Gore Galore costumes as the type of costumes I'm talking about. You can't really use the ones he's been providing for actors inside the haunt in dark places. GG costumes to me seem more like costumes you'd use outside to entertain people. I think they can be used pretty good outside on a hayride or something but we couldn't use those costumes inside of our haunt because they get snagged on camo net, or the actors can't see that well to move around inside the haunt. I think the costumes GG sells are priceless for outside the haunt, tv promotion, making a tv commercial, a parade, and our guests loved them outside the haunt and we got lots of people wanting photos taken with them. In a nutshell great costumes to have if you are a haunt with extra actors to entertain pepole out in line.

Last year that one company from Vegas that sold the Wolf and stuff...we bought one but never used it. It was great for photo ops but the actors would overheat in those things in like 10 minutes, plus it was very difficult to walk in them. They looked super cool but really hard to wear and use in a practical sense for inside the haunted house.

We did however use that wolf for photo ops, and TV pick up shots, it really paid off for stuff like that.

But you must understand what I'm specifically talking about is this...

WE NEED COSTUMES the actors can acutally WEAR inside the haunt, in the dark, that doesn't make the actors overheat, that isn't dangerous to wear or makes the actors mobility low.

WE NEED THE SAME STYLE costumes we've seen actors wear for Hollywood movies like The Mummy for example or some Zombie movie, stuff like we see Netherworld have their actors wear time and time again.

Spookywood FX costumes from last year is MORE like what I'm talking about... now we need 10 times more of that stuff either from Spookywood FX or other companies. It looks like what Ken is making is something you can wear inside the haunted house. I hope to see Spookywood FX with new costumes, I hope Gore Galore if they stay with the costumes they make smaller ones that actors can use to scare inside the attractions not the ones outside. There are only so many of those to go around...

COUPLE OF TIPS...

1) Do not make the costumes too tall because that limits mobility, and some haunts have height restrictions or low hanging camo net or whatever.

2) Don't put a long of REALLY HOT FUR all over them because then you will overheat the actor and they will be in and out of the costume ever five minutes.

3) Don't make them too heavy so it won't wear down the actor.

4) Skip the stilts and big boots and all that stuff on most costumes so the actors can move faster. I know the boots might come in handy on some costumes like a Frankenstein monster but for the most part I'd rather see a suit you can jump in and out of where the actors can run around like normal.

5) Start with common themes that apply to most haunts like...Zombies, Fresh Dead people, corpses a bride a groom, or a BIG BEN from House, a monster, blah, blah.

Larry
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

hmmm

Price?
                                There you got me.

You decide how we price....or let anyone throw the suggestions out.

Would you rather see more variety......or different price levels and ala carte?
                                Economy level....medium level....and holy hell heres a blank check I don't care what it costs.
                                Or what???????
                                We don't want to make cookie cutter costumes.
                                They may be close, but we aren't wanting to mass produce, therefore keeping quality and making sure we can deliver good product.

To see the quality and wearability you will just have to see them at TW.
                                We ..... um ... fight in the streets at Dream Reapers with them on.
                                The horned...Crushorn has the spring stilts that he sometimes uses so you can move pretty well in them and they hold up well.

Comment

Working...
                                X