XIII Gate Magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XIII Gate Magazine

Did anyone get this great magazine? Wow it looks like Rolling Stone but bigger!
    A few too many ads sold but still Wow that is about the best haunt magazine I've ever seen.....

Do you mean 13th Hour?

http://hauntworld.com/haunted_house_...highlight=gate

Comment

13th hour

Yea that's the one. Thanks Shaun C. Wasn't that the best looking mag? Someone spent some bucks on that edition....

Comment

As they say in the haunted house industry best looking or scariest, which one do you prefer? Hmmm...how about both!

The Darkness for example is both, both scary and cool looking. Anyone can make a cool LOOKING magazine, just hire a graphic illustrator. How about something worth reading, something to help your business, errr content.

Can a scary haunt have great scenes, can a haunt with great scenes be scary? Hmmm...yeah if you know what you are doing!

Paul you should have your copy of Hauntworld magazine in day and then you'll see REAL content and REAL graphics and coolness all around...but...

And here is the REAL but here...

And it is an interesting question...do you really want a ton of money poured into the size, the looks, so the cost of the magazine GOES UP UP UP, or do you just want CONTENT?

What is better a cheaper version on black and white paper, with tons of awesome content that can help your business grow, or some glossy fluff magazine with cool pictures that cost a ton of money to buy, produce and advertise in?

Same question for the haunt industry, do our customers want FLUFF just a bunch of cool props to look at or do they want to be SCARED? I think our customers would take the SCARE PART first and foremost, so that is what really makes a haunt great is that it has both same for the magazine.

To make a truly content RICH magazine you have to know what you are talking about, been there done that, trend setters, risk taker, someone who knows what is going on...

I'm happy for anyone who can provide information that grows this industry, and look forward to as many videos, books and magazines anyone can provide, but not one strictly about the money with no background in the industry.

I guess like anything it is about your opinion and what serves you best.

For me this is not what I want but for others it may hit the mark dead on.

Anyway... so I guess right now, now that we at least in my opinion have now created the best looking magazine ever produced that also includes REAL content to help your business, I ask myself was it worth the trouble?

Was it worth the money? Would YOU the haunt owner be will to pay more, like 13th Hour is charging, would the vendors pay more for someone to produce a magazine on this level (level our latest magazine was just produced on), and I say ummmmm....

You tell me? I'm on the fence because as a haunt owner if I want to see creative pictures I'll look on Yahoo and seach images or surf haunts websites, if I want content does it need the fluff to go with it? If our goal (which it is not) is to be in book stores yes the fluff is very much needed but if I'm simply sending you the haunt owner a copy do you really care?

Interesting question!

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Speaking of magazines

Larry,

I haven't got mine yet. Have they gone out? I need to know when to expect it. My mailman thinks I'm looking at him a little too anxiously as I wait for him every morning. This could potentially cause problems down the road with my delivery service if he gets the wrong idea.

Comment

sounds like someone struck a bad cord ..... lmfao.... ( how dare you ) I dunno, I enjoyed the magazine. I don't think its a replacement for Hauntworld mag ( also a good magazine ) I think 13th will get better, I think it will continue to add more content. Relax man... I don't think he meant to offend you. He simply stated how allot of us felt....it IS a nice coffee table type magazine. Where did Darkness come into the discussion..... there are allot of scary / cool looking haunts hmmm.
            "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
            www.maliciousstudios.com
            "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
            http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

Paul!

I think Larry sounds a little jealous? Larry hell competation is good! Honestly I agree with Paul I love the magazine. I do feel they should lay off a bit on the the ads but other than that its really a cool magazine! Shane
              sigpic

Comment

I don't think theres anything wrong with a little competiton... its always inspiration to try harder. Who knows it might inspire you to get that graphic illustrator you said Hauntworld is missing...
                "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
                www.maliciousstudios.com

Comment

The real question with any type of new media is: Can it hold on long enough to get better?

Comment

that will be the key are the pockets dep enought o support it throught he growing period. I hope so as most the adds were to much for me but if they are going to pay for the what could be a great mag then I would stick with it modifyng as time goes until you have that dark bok of lust or lore which evr.

enjoy th night all.
                    The Care Taker
                    John "DarkTombCreations.com"

Comment

As with anything.... starting a new project, starting a new business, or breaking into an industry that doesnt need you, its always hard.... hard to hold on, hard to stay patient, hard to figure out..... time will tell, I agree - but I would def. like to give them the chance they deserve before I degrade them. I think its a breath of fresh air.... Does anyone know when the next issue is coming out ?? I have to admit .... I am excited to see what they will publish, hopefully photos, adds, AND more articles

Malicious Studios
                      www.maliciousstudios.com

Comment

The problem is that the magazine has no content. It's all either ads or bizzarely generic articles about nothing. It's not a very good magazine content wise and to me that's the most important thing.
                        Kip Polley
                        www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
                        We Engineer Fear

Comment

Not good Great!

I have never seen anything like it in this industry. I wished I would have known so I could have put and article in it.
                          Has anyone seen a publication for the haunt industry like it? I think not... They are way ahead of anyone out there. I hope they will continue this magazine on a quarterly basics..........

Comment

Slain,

exactly what is it that's so great about it?
                            Kip Polley
                            www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
                            We Engineer Fear

Comment

I think members should remember that this is a NEW publication. Give it a chance, I might be wrong but how many issues have they printed? Im sure famous magazines from around the globe got better in time.

If 13th hour would have the beutifull photos AND great articles wouldnt it be a nice magazine ?? Or would we all still be unhappy with it because "Its not Haunt World ?" Yes, they need to work on making the articles better.... but its only my "OPINION" (please dont attack me) ITS A VERY NICE LOOKING MAGAZINE that portrays your industry, your work, in a nice light

Malicious Studios
                              www.maliciousstudios.com

Comment

Working...
                              X