No announcement yet.

What's YOUR biggest fear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm afraid some of us will never be able to find jobs with benefits again now that the economy has tanked. It's a scary situation out there.

Comment

What are benefits? Enough money to have lunch?
      sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

How about a job with Kibbles n Bits?
        Damon
        Damon Carson

Comment

Every painting in the Night Gallery; particularly 'Spectre in Tap-Shoes'

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Chrise View Post
            What are benefits? Enough money to have lunch?
            The last time I checked benefits were things like life insurance, disability, medical insurance, etc. And I certainly hope that everyone will find jobs that pay enough to eat, pay bills, and also have additional benefits like these.

Dungeonmaster
            According to everybody else, I'm the master of this domain: While trying to shorten Dungeonmaster, something went horribly wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Twin Locusts View Post
              Every painting in the Night Gallery; particularly 'Spectre in Tap-Shoes'
              Hi Twin Locusts,

Just curious to know if you're serious that all of those paintings are your biggest fear since you use one as your avatar? It just surprises me, and I personally think the paintings are cool. Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks for elaborating!

Dungeonmaster
              According to everybody else, I'm the master of this domain: While trying to shorten Dungeonmaster, something went horribly wrong.

Comment

I have a really old school fear that I have had ever since I was a kid. I have spectrophobia really bad when it comes to black reflective surfaces. I can't be left in a room with the TV uncovered, windows drawn, and even a cover on my nice new shiny PS3. I get really scared and think that I'm going to see reflections of people looking back at me.
                ~*~How is a raven like a writing desk ?
                ~*~*~There both the perfect tools for picking at the brain.
                ~*~*~*~An my favorite game you ask ?
                ~*~*~*~*~ Raven on the desk of course.

Jessica Ward

Comment

Originally posted by dungmaster View Post
                  Hi Twin Locusts,

Just curious to know if you're serious that all of those paintings are your biggest fear since you use one as your avatar? It just surprises me, and I personally think the paintings are cool. Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks for elaborating!

Dungeonmaster
                  Actually, DungeonM, my true deep fear was nailed almost verbatim by Smiley very early in this thread, he said:

"But I suppose my biggest fear is extreme water depth. I swear, when I can't see the bottom to bodies of water I think to myself, "Something's down there, something big, really big, watching, wanting to drag me under, and I won't see it coming."

I grew up around lakes and have an irrational fear of murky water, I imagine it having almost infinite depth and that I'll be dragged into it. I've jumped the pond several times and always imagine how ungood it'd be to ride a 777 into the drink.

Regarding Night Gallery, it's my favorite creepy scare and my only real horror weakness. I'm twice the legal drinking age and was allowed to watch Night Gallery when it was still first un, I was too young. I have great parents but they would have saved me a lot of nightmares had I not watched that show at a young age. I can remember about five episodes very clearly and the tap dancing ghost was always the scariest to me. I would have nightmares of hearing the tap dancing in my home and seeing the skeleton dancer in my room. I too, enjoy the paintings now and the history of the show, but it's the only thing that's ever really scared me.

Comment

Wiki'd it. This was the fifth episode in the Fall of 1973, I was first month of first grade when I saw it. This image coupled with hearing tap dancing coming from the studio of a dead dancer got my attention. But the dead chick's sister was hot; I noticed that in first grade as well.

Last edited by Twin Locusts; 01-05-2011, 09:04 PM.

Comment

• Thanks, TL!

I get it now. The video is really spooky, and Sandra Dee was always known as being hot back then. It's something about the eerie music combined with the tapping.

I haven't looked yet but I'm hoping I can go watch the second half on you tube since it says that this is the first of two parts.

Thanks again for sharing. It all makes sense to me now, and I will look for other old episodes while I'm there.

Dungeonmaster

Comment

• im afraid of...

1. Many legged insects...not spiders though
                        2. Slugs and leeches
                        3. Drowning
                        4. The dark

I know im just a big ol chicken. I actually used to be terrified of Haunted Houses and got into the business to break the fear...and look what happened.
                        “Happiness is the sublime moment when you step out of your corset at the end of the night.”

“Actors love mental disorders, dialects, and corsets. Give them one of the three and they're happy.”

Comment

• Thanks, Odette.

I think we're all chicken in our own ways. I'll have to make my list and post it soon. For now, I found the other half of TL's Night Gallery video with Sandra Dee and wanted to share it:

Thanks again for sharing this with us, TL.

Comment

• Haunted Hoochie Reality Show

my biggest fear would be signing a reality show contract after that THEIR IS JUST NO TURNING BACK..truly scary
                            in order to see the orchestra ...you must turn your back on the crowd...

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
                            www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

• DungeonM - glad you got to watch it, pretty campy by today's standards. The opening scene is so back lot with the single sheet of rain and California sun shining in the back yard. It has some nice interiors though and pretty neat sound design, if you watch closely in part one, as Dee is moving through the house we're hearing the sound of the music and tapping as she would be hearing it moving closer to the source. Simple but effective.

The lumbering possession scenes are pretty cheesy but it's just got enough story to make it work. The painting avails a great character, a woman with the body to pull off that costume could make a great character out of that image.

Comment

• TL,

I plan to go watch more of those episodes on youtube. As for campy, Dark Shadows was one of the campiest shows ever, and I can remember running home from school every day to catch that show. It scared me nearly to death then.

Now when I see old re-runs of Dark Shadows, they are so funny, with sets falling down, all kinds of mishaps occurring around everyone, people walking through scenes who shouldn't be there, etc. I wonder now why I was afraid, but I'm sure it was because I was too young to be watching. These Night Gallery episodes were much better quality as you so eloquently explained in your post above.

Thanks again for sharing. I really enjoyed it and do plan to watch more.

Dungeonmaster

Comment

Working...
                                X